Initiative: +1 

Hit Points: 13/13

Speed: 30

Armour Class: 14

Touch: 11 / Flat-footed: 13,

Fort +3 / Ref +1 / Will +5

Base Attack Bonus: +1

Abilities: Str 10, Dex 12, Con 12, Int 17, Wis 12, Cha 14

Doallyn sipped his own drink as Robin asked the question. A glance exchanged between the two before a shrug from Racanna seemed to give him the okay to tell the story.

Nobles. Court. Simple really.

spacer.pngRacanna rolled her eyes with a smirk and took a sip.

Such a boring old man I swear....

Fine. Just trying to save you embarrassment...

He shook his head.

She fell on me. Literally. From a second story window because she was trying to sneak out from her tutor. Tumbled right down the awning like a out of control log. I was down in the garden area below. I was trying to work on a summoning spell. Water elemental with the fountain. I think I've misdirected the spell. All of a sudden I turn and look up. Bam. Spell does end up going off mind you. But my concentration clearly gets interrupted. I end up getting this ooze elemental instead. Whole fountain is now like a swamp. We're not just drenched, we're caked in mud and slime.

Doallyn took another drink.

She ended up fracturing her ankle. I've got a cracked rib. All my books are floating around in the mire of a fountain now. Teacher of her's is in up in the window screaming like a banshee down at us. Its been pure chaos since then.

That woman was a HORRIBLE teacher though.!! You'd understand if you met her. Anyone would want to sneak out a window to get away...

Edited by ArcaneDesperado (see edit history)

pleasent

Saai Vees, hidden in the corner of the tavern, observes the unfolding drama with a mix of amusement and curiosity. The unexpected arrival of Racanna, Doallyn's fiance, certainly adds a touch of excitement to the otherwise mundane surroundings. She can't help but chuckle as the fiery exchange between the two unfolds, noting how Doallyn's typically composed demeanor appears shaken by the unexpected confrontation.

She appreciates the humor in the situation and hopes it doesn't escalate into something more serious.

As the introductions and explanations are made, Saai Vees remains in her corner, sipping her drink and observing the dynamics between the group and their new guest. The interactions between Doallyn, Racanna, and the others provide a welcome diversion from the ongoing challenges of their underground expedition. She's content to let the conversation flow and see where it leads, always ready for whatever surprises the world may have for her and her companions.

Sandpyke

Armour Chapel*The* southmost ward of the city. Several City Watch officers live here.

AdrielFifth weekday, 32th49 days to a month, except Mesha is a day short of MeshaFirst month of the year, out of eight in total.

Early morning 6:45

Yawning Pit Interior (Or was it Yawning Abyss? Yawning Hole?)

In the moments before Racanna made her very distinctive entrance, it would have been easy to observe that a group of several familiar individuals has gathered here, upon the ground floor of the tavern itself. There are familiar faces present, all of whom you recall well enough - as well as what looks like another full group of adventurous types...albeit they look to be on the verge of collapsing despite sitting down in a far away corner.

What would have drawn your interest, if you were inside before Racanna arrived, would be the gathering of the familiar people. They have moved several tables to a larger whole to allow them to work on what looks like a very expansive collection of notes and maps. Just a glance alone will notice several maps in good condition right alongside many tools for measuring and note taking. Amidst those are empty scrolls filled with rapidly made notes, and if you don't see wrong you see your associates peering them over while holding a quiet discussion amongst themselves. On another table not far you see empty goblets and mugs as well as dirty plates with stains that tell of provisions acquired and spent.

Most imporantly, given the nature your busiuness, you recognize the following individuals by the large table: Rolf, Roy, Varon and Sunshine.

When Racanna arrived and made herself very clear, all eyes in the tavern were drawn on her as well as her interactions with the target of her ire. Most people also froze, or looked to the people in their vicinity - except for Roy and Rolf.image.png.05b8037471cd0ed6c060996ff6ce84ac.png

Roy

Roy rushed in and leapt over a table in a hurry to draw near, arms windmilling to get him to where your group had been, and where Doallyn was having a rather sharp point made to him. "My lady please! I just washed the floor!"

Rolf instead eyed Doallyn's group with solid focus in his eyes he kept quiet. When it turns out that Racanna was not in the mood to start bloodletting, most of the people present inevitably went back to their business, although not without the consequence that several eyes keep glancing at Racanna's general diurection ever so often. And, it bears mentioning, more than a few people steer clear of her instead of passing her within an arm's reach.

image.jpeg.c743c745ba7e2fd7eda505e147f8e961.jpeg

Rolf

While your group spends a moment chatting, it is Rolf who tends the bar when Doallyn arrives there. "Love in the air, Your Lordship?" the weather-worn man inquires with an almost steady voice. "Come by the big table when you folks are done chatting. Oh, and if it pleaes Your Lordship, tell that priest boy Robin to come over on the double. Got business with him."

spacer.png

Doallyn McClare

Character Sheet

Male - Neutral Good - Human Wizard (High Conjurer) / Duskblade

Doallyn grimaced slightly at the "Lordship" title. He hated it. However there was likely very little ability to hide the fact at this point. Racanna has seen very clear to it with her little scene and announcing both his name and hers. Anyone with a vague passing knowledge of nobility would recognize names and figure things out. He was sure she had some grander scheme in mind to make sure their nobility was known, and she would take full advantage of it. He'd have to try and pry that information from her later. In the meantime however Rolf seemed to want to discuss things. Potentially related to the map he had managed to get a glance at earlier.

The wizard downed his mug and stood up. He looked over to Robin to see if he'd heard the request from Rolf.

Shall we, "Rev" ?

He gave Racanna's shoulder a squeeze and leaned down to her ear.

Try to behave?... I know its a moot point, but its proper that I at least ask.

Racanna just smirked as she took another sip of her drink with a innocent smile.

At least you know how this works

Doallyn leaned back up and headed off to speak with Rolf and the others.

Robin Kirkko

egXhMPu.jpgRobin gives a perfectly innocent "Who, me?" look before coming over to Rolf's table. "Good morning, sir. I hope the morning finds you well. You called me to your table?"

Description

Robin is a straw haired tomcat. He is tall, strapping, and handsome, with blonde hair carefully tousled for a rakish look, blue eyes, and a strong jaw. He always dresses in clothes that show off his physique. He is, as one would expect of a cleric of Sune, incredibly vain and considers his hair his best feature. His focus on superficial matters might give the impression that he isn't all that bright. One the other hand, be sincerely sees the beauty in other people--whether outer beauty or inner beauty. He carries a shield depicting the face of a beautiful red haired maiden, and has a rosary of glass beads with the same symbol on the end dangling from his belt.

Stat Block

Robin Kirkko
M CG Human Cleric, Level 1, Init 0, HP 9/9, Speed 30
AC 14, Touch 10, Flat-footed 14, Fort 3, Ref 0, Will 2, Base Attack Bonus 0   
  Morning Star  +2 (1d8+2, x2)
  Dagger   (1d4, 19–20/×2)
  Crossbow, light (Bolts (20)) 0 (1d8, 19–20/×2)
  Studded Leather Armor, Light Wooden Shield (+3 Armor, +1 Shield)
Abilities Str 14, Dex 10, Con 12, Int 12, Wis 16, Cha 14
Condition None

OOC

kaldakacziltoken.png.a6ea8c384f8aeed975b2e258389128fa.png

Character Sheet

Kaldakaczil
Male Lawful Good Gold Dragon 2, Level 2, Init 1, HP 23/23, Speed 30ft, Swim 30ft
AC 17, Touch 11, Flat-footed 16, Fort 5, Ref 4, Will 2, Base Attack Bonus 2  
  Bite  +4 (1d8+4, x2)
  Chainmail Barding (+5 Armor, +1 Dex, +1 Natural Armor)
Abilities Str 16, Dex 12, Con 14, Int 14, Wis 8, Cha 16
Senses Keen Senses (half distance penalties for perception), Keen Low-Light Vision (multiply effective illumination distances for the dragon by 4), Darkvision 120ft.
Conditions

The dragon would offer a small nod to Rolf before following him to the table, keeping clear of the folks at the tavern who hadn't quite gotten used to the large yellow-scaled lizard's presence, before settling down in a lazy curl until everyone had gathered.

Sandpyke

Armour Chapel*The* southmost ward of the city. Several City Watch officers live here.

AdrielFifth weekday, 32th49 days to a month, except Mesha is a day short of MeshaFirst month of the year, out of eight in total.

Early morning 6:47

Yawning Pit Interior (Or was it Yawning Abyss? Yawning Hole?)

The Bar

image.jpeg.c743c745ba7e2fd7eda505e147f8e961.jpeg

"Good morning, sir. I hope the morning finds you well. You called me to your table?"

Rolf

"Morning. Got a letter for you." Roy produces an envelope from beneath the bar table and hands it to Robin. It has been sealed with high quality wax upon which Sune's insignia stands with pride. Rolf hands it over without much fanfare. Turning then to face Doallyn, the aged man continues: "Arrived with a rough looking fellow. You might want to chat with the guy. Looked like he had a rough time before coming." As he speaks, Rolf nods discretely in the direction of a corner wherein you can see a single person at one of the corner tables nursing a drink. "Might have a useful skill or two"

The Big Table

image.png.05b8037471cd0ed6c060996ff6ce84ac.png

Roy is the first one to greet your group upon sighting your approach. "Friends! Welcome! Good to see you! Come! Come! Be seated!" His accompaying act is to come over to personally welcome you over and then to wave you to find a seat somewhere- anywhere really - so long as it's not too cluttered by the plethora of notes, or so long as someone else is not already seated therein. "Can I fetch anyone some ale? Or some fried shrimp? Sunny made some outstanding fried shrimps."

The other persons gathered by the table acknowledge you to some degree. Most of them offer a nod or a few words of acknowledgement. The only exception remains Roy who putters around enthusiastically to get everyone positioned before he picks up again.

"Now then. Good news! Mostly at least. And just a few bad ones. The good news is that we are making progress on tracking down the disaster and the ones responsible. Our very own Lord Mortton even knew a few names to shake down over in the..."

Roy trails off here, sounding lost in thought.

VKAkopio.png.bf19c72a1221f9d9fa704ac6f179c6b2.png

Varon takes up, driving a finger with dragger-like precision into a large dockside area, right upon a large workshop sitting neatly on a wide street opposite someone's very elaborate city villa.

"Utymis' Carvings. Located within the docks proper due to a technicality. A trusted contact identified an item of importance sold there as minor trinket. Our arcane associates are currently identifying the nature of the energies lingering in the passage but a connection has been established between events here, and in the docks, as well as in several locations all belonging to a shipping company called Rampona Shipping."

Varon's stiletto-like finger draws your focus upon a spider's web that begins at the carving shop, then to a selection of warehouses from which he trails into the bazaars of the city, and then in spirals that crawl slowly through stalls into the city wards that all surround Armour Chapel proper. Several potential lines are drawn from those in faded colored strings..

"We do not currently possess the associates or social leverage to raise inquiry into some matters. There are too many questions and too many threads that each demand focus and effort. We would need nobility who are willing to leverage their presence to the fullest on the streets. Or force to leverage far beyond a small army."

Robin Kirkko

egXhMPu.jpgRobin smiles as he takes the letter and looks it over. "Ah, from the Canon to the Ordinary, I can't imagine why I should receive such an honor!" He breaks the seal, open the letter, and his eyes go back and forth as he reads it. "Oh...Ah...Hmmm..." He looks up from the letter. "Well, dear friends, it seems I cannot journey down below with you. The Temple of Sune needs my presence most urgently. I should have figured the place would fall apart without me!" He chuckles.

"I suppose I will have to spend the day packing and finding a ship to take me back. I promise I shall never forget our adventure together, however short it was!"

Meanwhile, the very keen eared hear a fuss outside the window--a very rich male sounding voice exclaiming that his money is gone, with a rather rich sounding female voice complaining that her necklace is also gone.

Description

Robin is a straw haired tomcat. He is tall, strapping, and handsome, with blonde hair carefully tousled for a rakish look, blue eyes, and a strong jaw. He always dresses in clothes that show off his physique. He is, as one would expect of a cleric of Sune, incredibly vain and considers his hair his best feature. His focus on superficial matters might give the impression that he isn't all that bright. One the other hand, be sincerely sees the beauty in other people--whether outer beauty or inner beauty. He carries a shield depicting the face of a beautiful red haired maiden, and has a rosary of glass beads with the same symbol on the end dangling from his belt.

Stat Block

Robin Kirkko
M CG Human Cleric, Level 1, Init 0, HP 9/9, Speed 30
AC 14, Touch 10, Flat-footed 14, Fort 3, Ref 0, Will 2, Base Attack Bonus 0   
  Morning Star  +2 (1d8+2, x2)
  Dagger   (1d4, 19–20/×2)
  Crossbow, light (Bolts (20)) 0 (1d8, 19–20/×2)
  Studded Leather Armor, Light Wooden Shield (+3 Armor, +1 Shield)
Abilities Str 14, Dex 10, Con 12, Int 12, Wis 16, Cha 14
Condition None

OOC

Edited by Chaz Hoosier (see edit history)

S9DYqqC.jpg.b8aad4d0c17e392306e13402c0ef02d7.jpgMahdi Dawud
HP:
13/13 AC: 17
Character Sheet--->Here

There is a lanky guy suddenly just there out the corner of Doallyn's eye. He's dressed in the fashion of the tribesmen from the desert surrounding the city--a billowing cloak, dark clothing, and a bandana around his neck. He has pale complexion, dark eyes, and prematurely grey hair despite his young age. He has leather armor and a shortsword at his waist. "Hey buddy, go on and read the letter. I am hoping to get down into Undermountain right away." As he speaks he gives a sideways look at the plate of fried shrimp on the table like it just arrived from the moon.

Edited by Chaz Hoosier (see edit history)

spacer.png

Doallyn McClare

Character Sheet

Male - Neutral Good - Human Wizard (High Conjurer) / Duskblade

The question rattled around in Doallyn's mind of how the lanky man became the courier for a letter from a temple to Robin. Nor did he find it promising for anyone seemingly in a hurry to go down into the Undermountain. His task finding his grandfather required it. It wasnt a rush for adventure or glory seeking. It wasn't for riches or power.

The wizard's thoughts however were interrupted by the noise outside. Someone had been robbed. His green eyes glanced back at the man. One would potential be keen to dive into the dark passages of the Undermountain to get away from the guards assuming they'd just picked the pockets of some city patricians. Occum's razor.

He exchanged a glance over to Racanna, and she seemed to understand. Her attention keeping an eye on the alledged courier. Then he turned to move outside to investigate the commotion.

HP:
Character Sheet--->Here

"I am Mahdi Dawud. I have skills I am sure you can use exploring Undermountain, including disarming traps, picking locks, and scouting. I understand the place is extremely deadly if you don't bring along the appropriate expertise." He glances out the window innocently. "Hmm. I wonder what all that racket could be?"

spacer.png

Racanna Enhasa

Female - Chaotic Good - Human - Rogue / Warlock

Racanna shifted a chair and sat down opposite of Mahdi. Her violet eyes narrow, she seemed to scan him over a bit, seeming to size him up. Her voice was low and serious. Anyone that had seen her enter the establishment earlier could sense the deadly tone from before.

And you're also sloppy.

She shifted a less than pleasant glance at the window and then back.

The fact there 'es a racket just outside the door means your prone ta' leave trouble within a stones throw away. I can disarm traps. I can scout. I also have a reason to protect people in the group.

The roguish warlock leaned forward, her eyes seeming to melt to a black pitch as the eldritch blood bubbled to the surface a bit.

What reason do we have to believe you?

spacer.png

Racanna Enhasa

Female - Chaotic Good - Human - Rogue / Warlock

Racanna scowled more.

Ya' being less than useful can get other people killed, ya git. This isn't a solo job where if you don't cut the right purse strings you just dont get to drown your sorrows in an ale that night. It means people are dead. Bit hard to do that when you've already let hell get unleashed with your nonchalant attitude. And I can assure you, that if anything happened to Doallyn because you were "less than useful" and you somehow managed to crawl your sorry arse out of that hole...Killing you would be too swift a release.

She leaned in again, shadows swirling in her eyes.

I know a lot of people... that know a lot of things about a lot of poisons. Your death would take years and would be painful. Bleeding from every orifice.. hallucinations...muscles cramping contorting you into a mangled putrid flesh. Crying to whatever gods you choose to believe it at night, praying for sweet release of death. And it not coming until I deemed it.

HP:
Character Sheet--->Here

He turns to the noble couple, shifting his stance and taking a very professional and earnest tone. "I feel like I am sensing some mistrust here. Your crew is the only one with any success so far, and I want to join up with the best. I have skills your crew needs, and I don't know what I would hope to gain by not taking this job seriously but dying down there myself. We both get something we need: you get to explore new areas because you will have a lock expert, I can follow some leads down there about my past. If you don't trust me, you have the fact that I am trusted enough by the Church of Sune to deliver its communications. And I am not sloppy, I don't steal things that could be identified by the marks, especially not with all these guards around." He is silent, ready to listen for any more concerns they have.