Initiative: +1 

Hit Points: 13/13

Speed: 30

Armour Class: 14

Touch: 11 / Flat-footed: 13,

Fort +3 / Ref +1 / Will +5

Base Attack Bonus: +1

Abilities: Str 10, Dex 12, Con 12, Int 17, Wis 12, Cha 14

Doallyn watched as the thief nearly got himself turned into an amputee. His mind went back to the words from Racanna regarding the man on her first impression "Sloppy". However he kept his mouth shut regarding that part. Seeing the man dead wasn't something he wished for either. Maybe a few botched traps and the experience might change his demeanor. Moving over to make sure Madhi wasn't suffering any other wounds besides the hands, he looked over the area again. He did his best to remember their previous trip down here. It'd been a week and he had to remember things step by step.

I believe our Kobold friend, before she went off on her own, used a rope up there before to deal with the door.

He'd make a motion in the general area that he could recall. It was dark and his vision based on just their torches and lack of low-light vision limited his accuracy a bit.

We can attempt that again. Otherwise I have a Mage Hand or an Open/Close spell if they may provide some assistance to your disable attempt, should you want to try again?

He looked to the rogue. The question was honest and despite his dislike for the man thus far, it was sincere.

S9DYqqC.jpg.b8aad4d0c17e392306e13402c0ef02d7.jpgMahdi Dawud
المهدي دَاوُوْد
HP:
6/13 AC: 17
Character Sheet--->Here

Mahdi looks at the blood hemorrhaging from his hands casually for a moment before wrapping them up in his bandana and another rag he fishes out of his pocket. If Mahdi is any wiser by the experience, the smug nobleman can't perceive it. "It's an extremely complex mechanism. Unless I got lucky I would probably need a few goes at it to disable it, and I don't think I have that much blood in me. You're welcome to try magic tricks if you want."

OOC

2120943209_wistfulsad.png.a7fcbf3666cdb8318b1a24e0b03b80f7.png

Saai Vees meticulously examines the scene of the fallen adventurers, her keen eyes scanning the ground for subtle signs. Her instincts and tracking skills emerge as she follows the twisted trail left amidst the carnage. She crouches down, observing the varied imprints on the ground. The chaotic tale of the dead unfolds before her.
"Here," she mutters, tracing the spilled liquids that have left tracks. She recognizes a deviation from typical footprints and something indicating the presence of something non-humanoid. "Blood, something large, has passed through," she notes, her focus unbroken. Following the telltale signs, her gaze shifts, and she spots a peculiar trail of slime leading in another direction. "And went there," she says, pointing subtly, "it was a large creature with a lower body like a snail."
As she progresses through the scene, Saai Vees confirms new findings. "Also Bootprints," she states definitively. "A group of no less than two, possibly more. Going That Way."

As she emerges from her focus, Saai Vees notices Mahdi, who, attempting to manipulate the door mechanism, has suffered a sudden attack from a concealed scythe. Seeing him injured, Saai Vees rushes over, assessing the damage. She grimaces at the sight of Mahdi's wounded palms.
Without hesitation, Saai Vees starts casting a spell, channeling the energies of Lesser Vigor to aid in Mahdi's recovery. A soft glow envelops Mahdi's hands as the magical healing begins, aiming to mend the damage inflicted by the concealed trap. The spell works gradually, providing healing slowly.

"Mahdi," she begins, her voice steady and caring, "I've just used one of my more potent healing spells on you. It's effective, but my resources are limited. If you act just as the last wound heals, there may be a little more healing left in the spell if you want to try again, but otherwise, We may need those healing measures for what lies ahead."

OOC Eleven rounds of healing from Lesser Vigor, at one point a round. Leaving 4 points of healing to gamble with if Mahdi acts as the last of the cut heals if he chooses.

Saai Vees offers a supportive smile, emphasizing the importance of their collective health and resilience.

Edited by bloodsprite (see edit history)

The Lights In The Dark

It takes two minutes of rapid calculations and quck thinking to form a plan that has several moving parts and three actors - but you pull it off.

A spell is cast, an ability is used, a torch is twisted, a trap is sprung, and a mechanism is jammed.

The doors are open.

Whoever designed the mechanism will have to do something to repair the now-jammed mechanism if they want the doors to be able to close again.

You, on the other hand, have free reign to venture back into danger.

Looking inside, you see nothing new or different.

AdrielFifth weekday, 32th49 days to a month, except Mesha is a day short of MeshaFirst month of the year, out of eight in total.

Early morning 8:07

image.png.7f4bb0da8e0f754d4f1bfbea3dc477c7.png

Doallyn McClare

Character Sheet

Male - Neutral Good - Human Wizard (High Conjurer) / Duskblade

Doallyn was not thrilled to burn one of his summoning spells this early into the expedition, but the potential for Madhi losing a hand with another attempt was still high. This removed the threat. Teaming with Ruven, the door situation was now resolved. Now he could turn his attention to other matters, as their way forward was clear. Looking back to Saai, she had briefly come over to assist with the wounds from their would-be thief, but then seemed to pop back to some other task that had her curiosity. His mind only now really paying attention to the comments she'd made before.

A snail. Bootprints. Another group? Perhaps the ones that killed the adventuring party we found ? Something else?

neutral.png.70b466d6d945f0fd4c644408460d9a01.png

Saai Vees says "We keep sending for curriers and helpers from the surface, so I assume we should make sure the path stays safe behind us? Who do you think I should track first, big slimy or a bunch of boots?"

"Maybe Boots, as they might be the ones closing, trapping, and locking doors on us? Big slimy I would guess is just hungry."

Doallyn McClare

Character Sheet

The mage thought for a moment.

Boots potentially can be more problematic without more information to what they are capable of. The giant slug might be a simple solution. Dealt with via a bag of salt.

المهدي دَاوُوْد
HP:
Character Sheet--->Here

Mahdi's hands need a few moments for the tendons in his hands to heal before he can wiggle his fingers again. Once the door is open he employs a less delicate method for dealing with the trap. He produces a crowbar and wrenches the mechanism apart. The door dealt with he turns to the trail of slime and foot prints. "If I had to guess, this crew was ambushed and they fled for the doors...which if I had to guess didn't go how they planned." Glances at the guy with no hands. "Might as well follow where the tracks go. I can't fathom there is only one way out of a chamber this big."

OOC

The Lights In The Dark

You follow the tracks.

Without your drow this task would be impossible. The tracks are difficult to follow even with your light and the carnage in this chamber is frustratingly comprehensive.

But she manages. Eilistraee be your witness, you manage and you mnanage it well. It is a daunting task that leads you into the darkness of the chamber, all the way to the fartest edge of a wall that bears no markings upon it, several hundred feet away from the lift where your mercenary assistant waits by the corpses.

The trails of slide and blood ends here, upon a wall that blends in preferctly with the stone surrounding it.

Mahdi finds nothing despite a sincere attempt: zip and zilch is all he has to show for all his effort to so much as find a seam in the stone, or an incidator of a hinge. You would have to be clever, or use force, to get through here...

AdrielFifth weekday, 32th49 days to a month, except Mesha is a day short of MeshaFirst month of the year, out of eight in total.

Morning 8:33

المهدي دَاوُوْد
HP:
13/13 AC: 17
Character Sheet--->Here

Mahdi sighs. "Well, clearly they came through here, but the door is too well constructed to find. Did anyone bring a battering ram?"

OOC

Edited by Chaz Hoosier (see edit history)

Doallyn McClare

Character Sheet

Battering ram? Too expensive and cumbersome to get one of those down here at this point.

Doallyn looked over the wall.

Well.... I can try the open spell like I suggested last time. Use it on this one instead. Or I can drop another elemental. See if it can get the door open. If its as complex as the other one though it'll run out of time before it can get the door open.

He glanced at the others for confirmation or other suggestions.

Can always come back to this one later with a scroll of Knock. Cost us like a hundred and fifty gold. Might be able to get the cost of the scroll back from most the junk we're having hauled up by the time it's all traded in.

neutral.png.70b466d6d945f0fd4c644408460d9a01.png

Saai Vees surveys the unyielding wall before her, her keen eyes searching for any sign of an opening. The lack of seams or hinges presents a puzzle that refuses to unravel. She ponders aloud to the group, "It seems this wall is playing tricks on us. I can't discern any outward or inward movement, and it blends seamlessly with the surroundings."

Her gaze shifts to the floor, and she contemplates the possibility of an alternative entrance. "Perhaps it opens unconventionally—upwards or downwards. It's worth considering." Saai Vees takes a moment to inspect the floor beneath the wall, searching for subtle clues.

After contemplating, she unsheathes her sword and carefully slides it to where the wall meets the floor, testing for a gap to wedge it under.

Name
Strength
d20+3 13

The Lights In The Dark

You have a thorough go at the secret door after Mahdi wraps up his tools and tucks them away.

Your dragon makes a solid attempt at eating his way through but due to the hardness of the stone matter and its sheer mass there is little progress.

Your companion Ruven had a look just in case, but finds nothing that has not been confirmed already.

Then your drow has a go with her large sword, and though she achieves further scraping noises there is little else to show for it.

You take a collective moment- but it is interrupted when there is a large click from the stone wall. A section of the wall some ten feet wide slides up without a single noise to mark its presence or the action. As it rises, it reveals an elven figure in high quality leather armor and a surly disposition, who is glaring at you.

"Mitä helesvettiä te kahkot oikein melskaatte sen oven kanssa!?" this irate sounding male elf demands of you in what sounds like a heavily accented almost-Elven. "Loppu tommone ja iha justiinsa!"

Skill Rolls That You Can Attempt

Sense Motive: Is this person hostile?

Sense Motive: Do you think you could fightt this person if it comes to violence?

Do you speak Elven? Do you speak more than one language that uses Elven as its basis?

Make an intelligence check, and take a +2 for each Elven language you understand. Take an additional +6 if you speak Elven.

Morning 8:38

المهدي دَاوُوْد
HP:
Character Sheet--->Here

Mahdi quirks an eyebrow as the door suddenly slides open of its own accord. He looks back and forth between his new comrades and the stranger with a shrug. "مرحبًا؟ لا أعتقد أن هذه اللغة تدق أي أجراس. هل "تتكلم "بشكل غير عادي؟

OOC

Undercommon to English: "Hello? I don't think that language is ringing any bells. You speak Undercommon?"

Rolls incoming.

Name
Intelligence
1d20+2 11
Sense Motive
1d20 10

Doallyn McClare

Character Sheet

Doallyn slid back a couple feet as the door suddenly slid to life. His main hand went naturally on his sword hilt and his other hand open in a mix of defensive and ready to cast position.

When the man came out yelling more than attacking or firing off a spell his eyebrow arched slightly. He recognized the language to be Elvish in nature or something at least similar. However his studies of languages had him skip over the more common ones and go straight into the tongue of the various Elemental planes. As such he was left a bit unsure of what was being said. Never the less he felt like he was being lectured like a child in school that had just got caught sneaking into the professors lounge.

Hey now... Calm down...

The mage side eyed the others in the group.

Someone else care to translate our unhappy wall-dweller here? 'Fraid I skipped basic Elvish...