A Baronet's Daughter and a Sunless Citadel OOC

On 4/1/2024 at 4:54 AM, DragonFriend said:

How readying actions work is you delay your action, and then if you end up taking that readied action your initiative changes to when you take your action. It doesn't become an immediate action. In this case, unless the skeleton dies from that readied attack, it could still make its normal attack action.

Ah I see, therefore I cannot interrupt the attack, unless it is a proper hit.

You're good, working on an IC post right now. Having to read up on a couple of mechanics to see if what I want the skellies to do is something actually supported by the rules.

I randomly remembered to check what the duration of the Grease spell was, thus my IC post just now. Partly just to acknowledge Cei doing nothing particularly useful (apparently she did put inspire courage up upon her arrival to this fight; I'd forgotten that) and to point out this discrepancy.

Mostly using group initiative, so the entire party posts and I will resolve the turns in the initiative order as needed. So just go ahead and post if you haven't posted since my last IC update.

Alright, here is a disclaimer, I have been forgetting to apply the skeleton's damage reduction but as we are near the end of combat I will not be retroactively applying it nor will I apply it for the rest of this encounter as I want to move along. I won't lower the CR of this encounter to adjust for this.

@DragonFriend I just noticed since everyone left to beat on a guy Malus threw out he hasn't used his Teleport yet, since it is a Swift ability could he use it after AoO to just avoid grapple and would Skeleton with his target vanishing just ran into the large room where others are?

8 minutes ago, Faeryl_ said:

Swift actions still occur on your turn. It's only Immediate actions that interrupt/occur before the enemy.

👍

Apropos of nothing, I wonder just how many members of the party (if any) have realized that Céibhfhionn never gave/offered her name during introductions, and if so, how many realized it was a Fey thing? I'm equally curious to know how many of the players noticed it. :3

1 hour ago, Faeryl_ said:

Apropos of nothing, I wonder just how many members of the party (if any) have realized that Céibhfhionn never gave/offered her name during introductions, and if so, how many realized it was a Fey thing? I'm equally curious to know how many of the players noticed it. :3

*Shocked Gasp* We have a fey in the party?

4 hours ago, Faeryl_ said:

Considering Kaldakaczil's knowledge skills and the Nymph's Kiss feat? :P

2 hours ago, Faeryl_ said:

Yes, and you all have "Given" your names to her. >:3

'Scuse you, you've got an alias. ;D

You identify yourself as the alias, therefore by Fae rules, 'alias' is your name. Or at least, that's how I would interpret it. You gave a name that you identify yourself with consistently vs if you had said your name was Bob Barker or somesuch.

Of course, depending on how strict fae rules are, since she never specifically asked for names but merely overheard them, it may not count at all. Céibhfhionn probably wouldn't do anything too terrible with whatever power having your name(s) gives her, probably just prank/humiliate you a little.

Posted (edited)

By the Nymph's Kiss feat, Cei and other fey should view Kal as a fey himself. That said, it doesn't work in reverse. Kal wouldn't have an innate sense of who are fey. I should have looked at your sheet closer, that might have come up earlier.

Edited by DragonFriend (see edit history)