Character Creation Questions

TiffanyKorta

I'm making an executioner that I've pitched before, and I'd like to re-skin the fluff of a flaw:

Use the effect from Smell of the Grave (1) to reflect the stigma of a headsman's work instead of an actual noticeable smell.

Would that be okay?

Edited by Enkhoffer (see edit history)

@TiffanyKorta

Finally found my DAV20 book, and now have a few questions:

• You mention running this game via bluebooking. What do you mean by that?
  • Are the characters all together in one spot interacting with one another or something? Is it Transylvania, as per the title, or somewhere else?
  • Will the characters start together?
  • Is there a plot hook to connect the last bit of a backstory?

Might have more questions. Maybe the bluebooking answer might make the other questions moot.

Thanks

So many applicants have such nice and shiny character sheets on their submissions, while I was merely content to provide a link to my sheet here on Myth Weavers.

For the life of me, I'm still figuring out the new coding system, and copying and editing them isn't as intuitive as BBCode used to be. How'd you all make it work?

1 hour ago, Erico said:

So many applicants have such nice and shiny character sheets on their submissions, while I was merely content to provide a link to my sheet here on Myth Weavers.

For the life of me, I'm still figuring out the new coding system, and copying and editing them isn't as intuitive as BBCode used to be. How'd you all make it work?

I just finished a sheet format I think is pretty nice. You can copy that right over from here:

But for the record, that also was just a lot of tables.

Show Sheet Format

Name: Nature: Clan:
Player: Demeanor: Generation:
Chronicle: Concept: Sire:

Attributes
Physical Social Mental

Strength

Dexterity

Stamina

●○○○○

●○○○○

●○○○○

Charisma

Manipulation

Appearance

●○○○○

●○○○○

●○○○○

Perception

Intelligence

Wits

●○○○○

●○○○○

●○○○○

Abilities
Talents Skills Knowledges
Alertness ○○○○○ Animal Ken ○○○○○ Academics ○○○○○
Athletics ○○○○○ Archery ○○○○○ Enigmas ○○○○○
Awareness ○○○○○ Commerce ○○○○○ Hearth Wisdom ○○○○○
Brawl ○○○○○ Crafts ○○○○○ Investigation ○○○○○
Empathy ○○○○○ Etiquette ○○○○○ Law ○○○○○
Expression ○○○○○ Melee ○○○○○ Medicine ○○○○○
Intimidation ○○○○○ Performance ○○○○○ Occult ○○○○○
Leadership ○○○○○ Ride ○○○○○ Politics ○○○○○
Legerdemain ○○○○○ Stealth ○○○○○ Seneschal ○○○○○
Subterfuge ○○○○○ Survival ○○○○○ Theology ○○○○○

Advantages
Disciplines Backgrounds Virtues

Discipline 1

Discipline 2

Discipline 3

Discipline 4

Discipline 5

○○○○○

○○○○○

○○○○○

○○○○○

○○○○○

Background 1

Background 2

Background 3

Background 4

Background 5

○○○○○

○○○○○

○○○○○

○○○○○

○○○○○

Conscience / Conviction

Self-Control / Instinct

Courage

●○○○○

●○○○○

●○○○○

Humanity / Road

○○○○○ ○○○○○

Weakness:

Show Weakness

Clan Weakness text.

Willpower

○○○○○ ○○○○○

□□□□□ □□□□□

Health
Bruised  
Hurt -1
Injured -1
Wounded -2
Mauled -2
Crippled -5
Incapacitated  

Freebie Points:

Show Freebie Points Expenditure

Merits and Flaws.

Blood Pool

■■■■■ □□□□□

□□□□□ □□□□□

□□□□□ □□□□□

□□□□□ □□□□□

Blood per turn: ■

Edited by Enkhoffer (see edit history)

On 11/9/2023 at 8:54 PM, Erico said:

Yeah same here it took my 3 tries to get my submission done..... by the last try I was just like "Here's the best I got for now"

@TiffanyKorta

Questions:

1. In the V20 Dark Ages on page 448 it has the Road of Set, but the only thing it actually has for the Road is the Hierarchy of Sins. Where is the rest of the Road? Or is it combined with one of the Roads in chapter 3?

2. Is the game starting in Transylvania (hence the name of the game), or somewhere else? Is it going to primarily stay in one place?

Sorry for the delay, weeks has been pretty hectic.

Characters will be travelling to Buda-Pest at the start of the adventure, leading to a trip to Transylvania itself.

Hopefully, everything else I've added to Character Creation or Rules and Setting, please let me know if I've missed anything.

Another question about a road, and maybe a solution. On page 441-2 it talks about the Road of the Abyss for Lasombra. Like when it talks about the Road of Set, it has the Hierarchy of Sins but nothing else. In my searching online I did find where someone stated it out -

The Road of the Abyss was introduced in Player's Guide to the High Clans as a variant of the Road of Bones. Using the guidelines there i think i can provide you the missing ethics and aura for the Road.

Ethics:
• Study the mysteries of the Abyss.
• Master yourself and rise above your limits.
• This world is an aberration, all shall return to the Abyss in time.

Aura: Darkness. The Abyss clings to all who follow this road like a living shroud. Their aura modifier applies to blind actions and evocations of Obtenebration (including Abyss rituals). It does not affect Stealth, as such darkness is too alien and disturbing to onlookers.

Virtues: Conviction and Self-Control

Would this be allowed to be used?

@TiffanyKorta Hi, I'm thinking about submitting a Caitiff (Cappadocian) for review. Interestingly, I can't find any rules in the DAV20 handbook for generating a clanless vampire. The only details mentioned are that disciplines should be discussed with the ST, and that a Caitiff can't have Status. My intention is to stat out a Cappadocian who doesn't want to be one, and thus has done their best to cut ties with their clan. Status 0 is appropriate so no problem. For Disciplines, I was planning to keep the Cappadocian disciplines but either put 0 points in Necromancy, or put 1 and avoid using it openly. How do I proceed?