The Fallen's Rest Tavern - Application OOC

The Eyeball Kid

12 minutes ago, DarkAngel said:

@Miss Well.. my mw name and avatar go back 10+ years here. Although we have not RP'ed much together... the few times we did I do remember your unique style, and a name like yours is hard to forget.

And I have always liked your choice of character images... I'll be looking out for your new avatar :)

An Artificer is an interesting choice for Hell... I was going for a Paladin... then a Paladin oathbreaker Warlock... but settled on a Warlock

I noticed there are many Paladin submissions... including one Paladin / Warlock build... awesome.

I love Paladin's btw... the eternal struggle of faith vs the rest of the party is always a challenge... I like a challenge :)

Me being bad with names. It happens- a lot frankly. I'm sorry about that. Lol

And now I'm wondering what my "style" is. I feel like I'm far more random and 'diversified' in my behaviors. Lol. But as for images- I try and find vibrant and eye catching images to add to characters, that's for sure. I think it helps.

And yeah, Artificer struck me as something you don't see often and it really did seem to fit the character idea. Although while it was the "best" fit, the character idea is such a blank slate and could go anywhere enough that push comes to shove there would be a way to make her almost any class save Wizard (since that sort of study is a bit of a time sink). Though again, artificer and customizing herself as a warforged just seemed right.

Definitely right about the paladin numbers. I'll admit I was almost right there with them when I first saw the game- the concept and setting just scream out for holy warriors. I was actually preparing to make a Drow Monk who was a former Bladesinger who lost her magic as a consequence of some accident, probably to do with a deal a friend made or something similar. She turned to the more Martial side of Bladesinging and came out the other side a monk who uses a longsword and unarmed.

One reason I was going with Monk was that recent source books have published a LOT of monk-centric items (gloves that give your unarmed strikes like 30-60ft range so long as you wear them!) that I felt were really interesting and could be used in some interesting combinations. And at this level the Ki issues monks normally have would be lessened, so it seemed interest enough. But while trying to come up with a fleshed out backstory for the character I came up with the idea for this Warforged character so that was abandoned. Lol

Zeek.jpeg.a5b55e1e20d784df3e9c8d49f93e3b45.jpegGoing to stick with a Shadow-touched Drow Warlock who can transform into a Shadow Daemon !!!

He's full of pride, being the chosen one and all... goes insane sometimes after communing with some alien extra terrestrial being... and likes fine elvish wine.

Soooo... Not ALWAYS evil... just Chaotic... tries to supress the evil inside him and remains Neutral where possible... HATES Drow females with a vengeance !!!

Any takers for speed dating ... or drinking buddies after a hard day communing with an Outer Plane ?

Yes he's wears a Skull helm (he has a long straw), it serves him better than revealing he's a Drow in public... and he is a snappy dresser in dark silken fine clothes and a hooded cloak, often gazes into a small silver hand mirror when he is alone.

@Miss Waterdeep would be a locale, there's a Drow exit point in that vicinity... nice place to visit the local night scene... amd have Chaotic fun !

Also... he shares the same Charisma as the more popular Paladin types... tall, dark, handsome... witty... and dangerously appealing.

HAS been known to disappear when the City Watch appear...

Edited by DarkAngel (see edit history)

43 minutes ago, DarkAngel said:

Zeek.jpeg.a5b55e1e20d784df3e9c8d49f93e3b45.jpeg

@Miss Waterdeep would be a locale, there's a Drow exit point in that vicinity... nice place to visit the local night scene... amd have Chaotic fun !

Also... he shares the same Charisma as the more popular Paladin types... tall, dark, handsome... witty... and dangerously appealing.

HAS been known to disappear when the City Watch appear...

Well as my warforged is a "Grieving Widow" (the biggest air quotes around that LOL) I doubt she's doing any dating. But Waterdeep does have the Crawling Spider, a Drow-themed tavern. He could totally socialize their and be "under cover". Maybe even have a part time job there to hide out in. Lol

https://forgottenrealms.fandom.com/wiki/Crawling_Spider

Oh yeah, Zeek could have a room upstairs even... filled with weird icons of beholderkind and maps of the underdark... and lots of candles. In addition to a small wine bar... known only to his closest friends.

To everyone else in the city, he passes himself off as a follower of Myrkul. Complete with a Scythe carrying Spirit of Death that lurks around with him sometimes at night in the back streets.

Zeek would actively encourage any expeditions and provide valueable intel to hunt down Lolth worshippers near the surface in the Underdark... particularly Drow priestesses.

Edited by DarkAngel (see edit history)

With the GM silent for a little over a week, this game might end up as a false start. It happens, and no judgement as we never know what's going on beyond the forum. My two cents if @The Eyeball Kid is able to swing back, to maybe skip the magic item pricing until after character selections as it'll be easier to sort through the number crunching with a smaller group.

8 hours ago, Peacemonger said:

With the GM silent for a little over a week, this game might end up as a false start. It happens, and no judgement as we never know what's going on beyond the forum. My two cents if @The Eyeball Kid is able to swing back, to maybe skip the magic item pricing until after character selections as it'll be easier to sort through the number crunching with a smaller group.

I'm in another game that they're running, and they have been nothing but perfect there but has also been gone there too. And considering they put in a lot of time, effort and I think even money (I'm pretty sure they're using official module assets purchased inside Roll20), I'm certain something has just come up on their end and that they'll be back. Though I also do agree on the magic item pricing until after thing. Definitely something to be done during a pre-game "Session 0" sort of thing.