The Fallen's Rest Tavern - Application OOC

The Eyeball Kid

42 minutes ago, BlackPhoenix said:

Probably because the base price of non-magical armor varies wildly, from 5gp to 1500gp.

All I'm saying is that there isn't a +1 adamantine armor in any book, just like there's no Holy Avenger Flametongue Frostbrand great sword. I have no problem with it if the DM homebrews it. Maybe it's just me but I just don't make up magic items and assume the DM allows it.

There's only one mistake here. Adamantine is but a metal coated to the original item. It's not magic or enchantment.

25 minutes ago, Coruja said:

There's only one mistake here. Adamantine is but a metal coated to the original item. It's not magic or enchantment.

Jeremy Crawford disagrees. When asked "Does the adamantine armor protect against critical hits inside an antimagic field?", he answered:

Adamantine armor is a magic item. It follows the rules for such items, including the text in antimagic field on magic items.

That said, I will not be making any more comment on the subject.

Which is weird because adamantine weapons are listed as mundane equipment, yet adamantine armor is listed as a magical equipment. Why would a weapon made out of the stuff be a normal item, but armor would be considered magical?

Just wondering. I will await the DM's input.

Adamantine, and Mithril, are very ambiguous in 5e rulings. It's to allow the DM to make the call.
The items themselves are not enchanted to be magical. The metal, and the forging process, brings out the magic in the metal. Which means, and this is where they left it very much up to the GM. You could forge an adamantine plate set, and then enchant it.

Now. There are two arguments. Obviously people want the stuff enchanted. So... argument 1 is lets make it and enchant it.

Argument 2 is... There are other items that are not the result of an enchantment. Displacer cloaks for instance. The creature and it's hide is magical. But it doesnt get enchanted beyond that.

My personal argument/take on it? In older iterations of the game. Adamantine and Mithril were listed with +1. They were used as a base armor price to get enchanted. Personally, I think it would be incredibly rare. More rare than either the adamantine/mithril or the +1. Because Adamantine is typically dwarven, Mithril is typically elven, and would be gifted out to people that had done something great for them. Essentially, you would need someone able to work the metal and the enchantment, which is rare/pricey. But the bottom line is that it's a GM decision, and everyone should not jump the gun on it.

8 hours ago, slinkman00 said:

Argument 1 is lets make it and enchant it.

Argument 2 is... There are other items that are not the result of an enchantment. Displacer cloaks for instance. The creature and it's hide is magical. But it doesnt get enchanted beyond that.

My personal argument/take on it? In older iterations of the game. Adamantine and Mithril were listed with +1. They were used as a base armor price to get enchanted. Personally, I think it would be incredibly rare. More rare than either the adamantine/mithril or the +1. Because Adamantine is typically dwarven, Mithril is typically elven, and would be gifted out to people that had done something great for them. Essentially, you would need someone able to work the metal and the enchantment, which is rare/pricey. But the bottom line is that it's a GM decision, and everyone should not jump the gun on it.

Great take on the historical facts regarding these items. I do have a third argument though. It's said that Adamantine Thing may be made entirely of Adamantine or just coated with it. Following the later approach, what if an enchanted Thing is coated with Adamantine, without losing it's shape, runes, and enchantment? Then you would have your Enchanted Adamantine Thing. Same goes for Enchanted Silvered Thing and Enchanted Mythril Thing.

The second problems should be taken seriously at the story. Adamantine is not even rare by DMG. Adding it to an enchanted armor though is something that not every first level character can dream about. However, we are indeed level 11 characters. We do have a load of story behind us. Justifying the acquisition of such an item is easy. That, of course, if our GM allows such an item to exist. And we are back to waiting for his final say on the matter.

@The Eyeball Kid I need you to determine if +1 Adamantine Armor is allowed, pricing 3500 + armor cost.

I also need the pricing of the immovable rod.

Last, I need to know if you allow the Gift of the Chromatic Dragon feat.

While on it, Savage Attacker says "you can reroll the weapon's damage dice and use either total." Does it mean only the weapon dice, or any dice rolled for damage using that weapon that turn?

Last, I'm a bit new to D&D5e, so what do you think about Shield Master working with Sentinel? Does it work, making good synergy, or is it a waste feat because they overshadow each other? Ty.

14 minutes ago, Coruja said:

Great take on the historical facts regarding these items. I do have a third argument though. It's said that Adamantine Thing may be made entirely of Adamantine or just coated with it. Following the later approach, what if an enchanted Thing is coated with Adamantine, without losing it's shape, runes, and enchantment? Then you would have your Enchanted Adamantine Thing. Same goes for Enchanted Silvered Thing and Enchanted Mythril Thing.

The second problems should be taken seriously at the story. Adamantine is not even rare by DMG. Adding it to an enchanted armor though is something that not every first level character can dream about. However, we are indeed level 11 characters. We do have a load of story behind us. Justifying the acquisition of such an item is easy. That, of course, if our GM allows such an item to exist. And we are back to waiting for his final say on the matter.

Probably just me. But, I dont think coating things in a new metal works. I realize that this is fantasy, so to that end... I would leave it up to the GM. But, from a metalurgical point of view. You've got 2 or three issues. With silver, you are putting a softer metal over top of a harder metal. It would not hold an edge. Adamantine, the melting point is supposed to be incredibly high. So you'd ruin what you pour it over. Warping the metal. Mithril is probably the worst, because the portion that is not Mithril would still be subject to making noise.
In all three. You'd have balance issues, weight issues, and warping. Now. again. Fantasy. You can say "but magic" and it's all good. And that's fine.
But. More than that. These items are not basic items. They are typically "mastercraft" or that's what it was seen as in older iterations. TO me, even now, it would be something that a master would do to be sure its done well. Pouring a new metal over an existing weapon is not the work of a master.

Again. I'm not saying it's impossible. I'm saying, you would start with the base material being Adamantine or Mithril, and making the armor with that. Then, for most storyline purposes, it would be enchanted as it is made. SO it's there... It exists... Far more rare than normal Mithril or Adamantine, or +1. But, for me? If I were the GM? If you could have a plausible way that your character got it. Ok. Being level 11 makes that much easier. Could be loot, could be a gift, could be from time spent with a master crafter, could be that you had a hand in making it yourself, family heirloom, etc.
In short. To me. I see that it exists, albeit rare. But PC's wouldnt be making it, and it wouldnt be a simple trip to the local smithy and mage to have it done.

Price checks. Sorry if some of these are already listed.

Gem of Brightness (uncommon)

Periapt of Health (uncommon)

Wand of Magic Missiles (uncommon)

Wand of Web (uncommon)

Amulet of Health (rare)

Boots of Speed (rare)

Wand of Fireball (rare)

Wand of Paralysis (rare)

Edited by BobtheWizard (see edit history)

57 minutes ago, Coruja said:

While on it, Savage Attacker says "you can reroll the weapon's damage dice and use either total." Does it mean only the weapon dice, or any dice rolled for damage using that weapon that turn?

Last, I'm a bit new to D&D5e, so what do you think about Shield Master working with Sentinel? Does it work, making good synergy, or is it a waste feat because they overshadow each other? Ty.

For Savage Attacker, the description you provided says "the weapon's damage dice", so to me the answer is right there. If it said "reroll the damage dice", that would have been a different story.

As for Shield Master and Sentinel, I'm curious as to what synergy you see. All of Sentinel's ability apply only as a reaction, outside of your turn.

Shield Master's first ability (the bonus action) occurs only after you have used the Attack action on your turn, so nothing you did with Sentinel applies (your reaction occur on someone else's turn, not yours). The second ability is defense. The third ability is also defense, and uses your reaction, so it competes with Sentinel.

I think our dear Eyeball has a big backlog- we have a long while before the deadline so it might be kind to let them catch up before we flood them with repeated pings and pokes. I can only imagine the long 'session' of price checks that's to come at this point. :(

There's like a billion posts here... lol!

Damn Eyebie K, you got quite the following, apparently everyone can't wait to jump into hell with you! Anyway, I think I'm just going to camp out now. I stuck mostly with your list of gear. Have the same question that came up earlier about the +1 adamantine armor, if that's an option it'd be super, if not we'll just say it's faux adamantine for looks so I don't need to edit the description too much :p

Apparently there's a pretty big line up to Go to Hell. Lol

I also imagine anyone picked for the pleasure will get a chance to shift and shuffle a few things around after the party composition is finished. I know Lauren wouldn't have so many Rogue-bits if there was an actual rogue in the party. Lol

@Miss I love Rogues. I play with them all the time. And there's a lot a Rogue can do in and out of combat. There are quite a few paladins out there. Mine specializes in reducing enemy's movement to 0 and shoving them prone. Free adv to your rogue Sneak attack.