The Fallen's Rest Tavern - Application OOC

The Eyeball Kid

Given that Hell and fire go hand in hand, don't we need to get resistance to fire one way or another just to survive?

From Dungeon Master's Guide, page 110.

Weather

When the temperature is at or above 100 degrees Fahrenheit, a creature exposed to the heat and without access to drinkable water must succeed on a Constitution saving throw at the end of each hour or gain one level of exhaustion. The DC is 5 for the first hour and increases by 1 for each additional hour.

Creatures wearing medium or heavy armor, or who are clad in heavy clothing, have disadvantage on the saving throw. Creatures with resistance or immunity to fire damage automatically succeed on the saving throw, as do creatures naturally adapted to hot climates.

20 hours ago, The Eyeball Kid said:

@MysteriousMiller Well, it is (or at least will be) an official published book. I'm not really familiar with its contents though. What did you have in mind? I'll take a look at it.

I was looking at the "Weapon of Throne's Command"...I'm still toying with my Rogue build and story, but this would fit well with one idea.

17 hours ago, BlackPhoenix said:

Given that Hell and fire go hand in hand, don't we need to get resistance to fire one way or another just to survive?

You'll get some help and not all the levels of Hell are hot (of course most of the others are almost unbearably cold...) but giving some consideration to environmental factors is definitely not a bad idea. The bit you quoted says exposure to heat and without access to water. It would be reasonable to think that finding potable water might be difficult in the Hells.

@MysteriousMiller Weapon of Throne's Command is fine.

@Neopopulas Bugbear is fine, but most of those creatures have been been updated in Monsters of the Multiverse, that would be the version to use.

For all: I'll try to get to the price checks today, reviews may need to wait a bit longer.

Magic item prices are updated.

As a note, I tend to lean toward the Discerning Merchant's Guide although I've made a few adjustments (the most noticeable being I don't see a reason to charge differently for the Ring and Cloak of Protection -- they're the same item! Similarly with flying stuff).

@Passione I'm not letting folks buy very rare items, but any one you mentioned (other than Manual of Golems, but I don't think you were including that) would be fine to take as one of your free items.

Here's my price check list. I waited quite a while because I hesitated doing (yet another) paladin, but my heart was already set on that when I rolled for stats.

Very Rare
Belt of Giant Strength (Fire giant, STR 25 - DMG)

Rare
Belt of Giant Strength (Hill giant, STR 21 - DMG)
Crystal Blade (Fizban)

Uncommon
Amulet of the Devout (+1) (Tasha)
Alchemy Jug (DMG)
Javelin of Lightning (DMG)
Saddle of the Cavalier (DMG)

That last item serves as an intro to my next question: will using a mount be possible, including in combat? It wouldn't, for example, if most of the adventure happens "inside" (either buildings or caves). I ask because Paladin + Find Steed (or Find Greater Steed at level 13).

In the end the concept of the awakened construct trying to rescue to the soul of its creator, a rebound soul, obsessive oppressive controlling spouse and infernal dealings in the background, won out as the concept. If there was a way to just apply with that Concept and not necessarily a class attached to it- I would, because I think the concept doesn't even need to rely on a class to be interesting- but since a class is needed (though if it makes a difference she would be very easy to swap classes to fit a party) I'll create her as an Artificer.

I apologize in advance for the number of items here, I'm sorry.

Can I get a price check on:

+1/+2 All Purpose Tool (Uncommon/Rare)
Psi Crystal (Uncommon)
Slumbering Dragon Vessel (Uncommon)
Docent (Rare)
Stirring Dragon Vessel (Rare)
Sun Blade (Rare)
Starshot Crossbow / Musket (Rare)

And the Common items of:

Armblade
Clothes of Mending
Glamourweave Clothing
Shiftweave Clothing
Thermal Cube

Magic item price list updated

@BlackPhoenix Fire Giant belt is very rare and thus not eligible for purchase, but it's fine for one of your free items if you want to take it.

Regarding the saddle and mounts. Without giving too much away, you'll be advised to travel by the River Styx as much as possible but there will still be some overland travel. There will be cities, caves and areas that will be difficult for a mount to negotiate. A mount will certainly be useful (sometimes very) at times, the gap between those times might be substantial at times.

1 hour ago, The Eyeball Kid said:

Fire Giant belt is very rare and thus not eligible for purchase, but it's fine for one of your free items if you want to take it.

Right, brain fart on my part. And thanks for the answer on mounts.

I might have one attunement slot remaining, so here's another interesting item:

• Stone of Good Luck (DMG, uncommon)