SIDE: Bowing to a Lich's Whims

Sohala

BO3JohnTaylor.jpg.ef1da047d4f77a32804b4ba950a11da5.jpgGrady steps out when Rona comes back. He has a couple of his men bring Jake out, they were followed out by Dr. Stephenson who does a final check on him as Rona gets him in the suit. Before he leaves Grady speaks to Rona in his gruff voice. "Bring him back safe, he makes my lady happy. He is not a bad egg either, though don't tell him I said that."

e8b9c4be391356e22231cab36a8195ff.jpg.611daa0ee046089494c64aca17024a8b.jpgAs he steps back Elhana comes out and gives Jake a last hug and kiss before she greets Rona. "I want to thank you again Rona for helping Jake. I know you did not have to, and I am sure it would have been easier for you to not have helped." she lays a hand on Rona's shoulder as she speaks "Also leave me the details on the person you are looking for and I will put my considerable resources on finding them. Now hurry up and go, before I start weeping"

Name
roll
3d6 5,5,6

To cater to Prax fear of being blackmail more by our HUDs, Ozen removes the HUDS off Jake.

Never using the gate system to get from the continent to prime magi you were unaware of the time dealiation. Moving to the closest entrance to the gate system you type in the coordinates for the gate closest to the base camp on the magic continent. The gate hums to life add a blue door appears between the two ancient stone archways. You type in your high passage access code and move quickly through with Jake and the equipment. You immediately detect something is different in this trip you normally walk at a normal pace through the Paths is a darken realm that leads to all parts of the planet your path is lit and you follow the path easily but you move slow like your trying to push through quicksand. Where it should take you only a few hours to move down the path to your destination it feels like it took days. You finally see the exit point up ahead you push forward and the molasses movement disperseds and you are able to move normally within a few hundred meters of the exit point. You enter your access point code into the stone dahlias and the exit comes to life allowing you to exit this darkened realm.

You come out into a clearing surrounded by old Oaken trees.

Your suit msg you. Time dealation detected, calculating time spent verse actual time .... calculating..... 16 days difference ....calculating .... correnting calendars and internal clocks to match current time. Confirmed 16 days have passed since enter gate.

Posted (edited)
spacer.png

Prax left a copy of Elara's Navy service record from the SIM with Elhana. It was the only tangible proof she had that she had ever existed, other than her locket... Even then, she had been unable to find a duplicate after they had exited.

OOC

Okay, 16 days have passed, sure.

Now what?

No one here? Surely they know about the effect and we don't have to track people down. We called ahead for the medic and the mentor. Wait is the mentor ignorant of it too, considering we called ahead and he didn't tell us about this? That would be very rude of him. And to stand us up too?

Edited by Sohala (see edit history)

Within a minute of exiting the gate 5 robed men with a clockwork machine come out of hiding at the cleaning edge. They all already glow with magical power around them and you think your reply when they shout at you better be to their likely or you will be bits of fish food moments after.

"State you business and your permissions to step foot on these lands quickly." There is not even an implied threat but an open they will nuke you if they don't like your reply feel.

Prax hears Jakes HUDS still active but the cracking sound that starts is the start of the 1 min count of the tech dying.

Empty

Was waiting for your to post before bring in the defenders.

Posted (edited)
spacer.png

'So that is why our special supply orders are always late. If only I had known that somehow...' Quickly getting her bearings, Prax went over and double-checked on Jake. Not bothering to unbox him, she manifested a remote display of his basic vitals confirming he was still alive. "If that felt weird for you, just know that felt weird for me too." She had linked the two suits comms to keep in contact with him while he was alone. There was no way for him to reply, but she hoped it helped.

Hearing the thumping approach, she stood up and waited. She nodded as the guards arrived and quipped in her suit, "Ah, right on time, like clockwork."

"Good-" Her eyes flicked to the updated clock, "...morning." Something in her display caught her eye and then realization dawned on her, 'Oh...' Her professionalism asserted itself. She gave her appropriate identification and then continued, "Providing medical aid to a soldier in need, delivery for proof of kill, and to bring myself before my commanding officer to face any disciplinary actions he has for me." Her head shifted to the side as she half-heartedly tried to look past the little group, "I was told to expect a Felix upon arrival. [Or proper phrasing for whatever got arranged]"

OOC

I have been asked to note the audio and visual is shared.

Once your credentials are checked out they wave you on " We are not are babysitters you're allowed to be here you can report your commander at Basecamp, ok troops back to the Beach Patrol." Says out of the magi in blue robes, And they disappear.

Prax gets the feeling she is being watch but there is nothing on the radar. She is free to move to base camp where healer is waiting.

Name
roll
1d100 55

Jake Roberts

kira-mayer-3-4.jpg.8feb1d40c3e2fcc61e099a169a18de3d.jpg

Statblock

[b][url=/sheets/?id=2809477]Jake Roberts[/url][/b] [i]Human Operative 12 NG[/i] [b]HP[/b] 108 / 108 [b]RES[/b] 12 / 12 [b]STAM[/b] 108 / 108 [b]Speed[/b] 40ft [b]Init[/b] 6 [b]KAC[/b] 20 [b]EAC[/b] 21 [b]Fort[/b] 7 [b]Ref[/b] 14 [b]Will[/b] 11 [b]CMB[/b] 28 [b]BAB[/b] 9 [b]Laser Pistol[/b] +9 (2d81, 20) [b]Laser Sniper Rifle[/b] +9 (3d8, 20) [b]High Frequency Sword[/b] +6 (2d6+2, 19-20) [b]Stun Baton[/b] +6 (1d6+2, 20) [b]Str[/b] 14 (2) [b]Dex[/b] 22 (6) [b]Con[/b] 16 (3) [b]Wis[/b] 16 (3) [b]Int[/b] 23 (6) [b]Cha[/b] 16 (3) [b]Soc[/b] 10 (0) [b]Edu[/b] 28 (9)
Jake Roberts Human Operative 12 NG HP 108 / 108 RES 12 / 12 STAM 108 / 108 Speed 40ft Init 6 KAC 20 EAC 21 Fort 7 Ref 14 Will 11 CMB 28 BAB 9 Laser Pistol +9 (2d81, 20)
Laser Sniper Rifle +9 (3d8, 20)
High Frequency Sword +6 (2d6+2, 19-20)
Stun Baton +6 (1d6+2, 20) Str 14 (2) Dex 22 (6) Con 16 (3) Wis 16 (3) Int 23 (6) Cha 16 (3) Soc 10 (0) Edu 28 (9)

Skills

Skill Name Modifier
Acrobatics +25
Athletics +19
Bluff +20
Computers +23
Culture +18
Diplomacy +9
Disguise +15
Engineering +28
Intimidate +20
Life Science +8
Medicine +8
Mysticism +5
Perception +20
Physical Science +8
Piloting +34
Profession +16
Sense Motive +20
Slight of Hand +18
Stealth +23
Survival

+20

Jack of all Trades +2
Repair 10 +10
Local Computer Use +11

Feats and Abilities 

Feats:

Skill Focus: Piloting

Skill Synergy: Engineering and Piloting

Far Shot

Sky Jockey

Hide Sabotage

Tactician

Weapons Specialization: Basic Melee

Small Arms and Sniper

Skill Focus: Computers & Engineering

Class Abilities:

Operatives Edge +4

Specialization: Hacker

Trick Attack +6d8

Evasion

Debilitating Trick

Uncanny Agility

Specialization Skill Mastery

Operative Exploits:

Nightvision

Uncanny Pilot

Enhanced Senses

Elusive Hacker

Soft Movement

Cloaking Field

Control Hack

Glimpse the Truth

Languages: English, French, German, Mandarin, Trade Language, Vaulter, Elven, Dwarven, Troll, Ork

Equipment 

Equipment:

Laser Pistol (6500 Cr)

Laser Sniper Rifle (15000 Cr)

Stun Baton (500 Cr)

High Frequency Sword (650 Cr)

Ceremonial Navy Sword (Mustering out Navy weapon)

Personal nanoshield (50000 Cr)

Personal shield (5000 Cr)

D Suit I (63600 Cr)

Display contacts (over eyes) (650 Cr)

Card Computer (3500 Cr)

Intelipick (350 Cr)

Combat Vac Suit (100 Cr)

Data Port Implant (head slot)

MRK II Augmentation to all 6 Stats (390000 Cr)

Fighter Ship(See post below) (3MCr)

Vehicle Recon Enercopter (Mustering out)

TAS Membership (Mustering out)

3 Ship shares worth (10 MCr)

Broadsword Class Merc Cruiser

Jake still paralyzed so waiting to see the healer.

OOC

Post is pretty pointless if he is still paralyzed at this time.

Edited by darlis moonbeam (see edit history)

Posted (edited)
Prax-Suit.png.cced7f31e9a80546a115e74ce391d82d.png

Prax's helmeted head looked about for a moment as long-engrained instincts told her she was being watched.

Unable to confirm it and knowing she was at a spot that was highly scrutinized, she inwardly shrugged and moved on to their appointment.

OOC

Roll onto the healers as planned.

28* - suit, well aware the roll likely doesn't apply

Name
Scrying?
1d20+20 5

You move off away from the clearing and the feeling of being watched is left behind. The base camp is not far only a few miles through patrol area so no dangers to say.

You break out of the forest and over the hill to find the base camp in a shallow dip between 2 hills. About 1000 people live here, and 3 times that amount visit, the visitor are held under ground and given limited access to the surround lands. Mages of all strength are posted here, some training like you did many years ago, some here to defend base, some here to train the battlemages for front line assaults.

Posted (edited)

And she continued to move on to their appointment.

OOC

On 4/5/2024 at 10:06 AM, Sohala said:

Roll onto the healers as planned.

Do I need to repeat the previous actions?

There are plans/arrangements to have a healer waiting for them. The exact details were stated by no one but they were confirmed with Elhana before 'traveling'. Her commander is aware she is there for healing. Health should take priority to 'catching up'.

Entering the camp and making your way to the medic tent, you pass by some outfits just heading out to the front line. There are a few clockwork suits in the group and one of the commanders wears a elemental like a suit of armor. There are a few people waiting for some wounds, mostly burnt marks but when you give your name you are seen right away.

You are taken to a side room where a Lt Ham waits. He waits until you remove Jake from the box and armour and lay him on the table. He looks him over and puts some gloves on. He exams him and tests his reflexes, which are zero. He nods first casts a detect magic spell study the aura around Jake. " I been told you tried dispel magic? so i can see its a form of a curse, perm as well. A powerful effect but i should be able to remove it."

He steps back and brings to cast remove curse. This mage is not much more experience than you are, he throws the removal spell at the curse, which eats it he then twists the curse trying to get it untangled with Jake body. The curse wont let go but he works on it and throws his hands up quickly. The curse knot disappears and within a few seconds Jake can one again move.

Name
remove curse
1d20 18

Prax contained her suffering sigh at the explanation. She knew resources were tight and he was doing his job, but she had given Felix these details already. Taking a long in-and-out breath she let him work, trying to not let this stretched-out day wear on her.

Seeing the stubborn magic fade and crumple, she let out a breath she hadn't known she had been holding.

OOC

Will wait on Jake's post before moving them on.

Prax has a few things she will need to do before leaving. Chief will be her commanding officer, next will be resting (2hrs) and then supplying the bulk of her daily magics to the effort. Even if it is only fueling something.

Jake Roberts

kira-mayer-3-4.jpg.8feb1d40c3e2fcc61e099a169a18de3d.jpg

Statblock

[b][url=/sheets/?id=2809477]Jake Roberts[/url][/b] [i]Human Operative 12 NG[/i] [b]HP[/b] 108 / 108 [b]RES[/b] 12 / 12 [b]STAM[/b] 108 / 108 [b]Speed[/b] 40ft [b]Init[/b] 6 [b]KAC[/b] 20 [b]EAC[/b] 21 [b]Fort[/b] 7 [b]Ref[/b] 14 [b]Will[/b] 11 [b]CMB[/b] 28 [b]BAB[/b] 9 [b]Laser Pistol[/b] +9 (2d81, 20) [b]Laser Sniper Rifle[/b] +9 (3d8, 20) [b]High Frequency Sword[/b] +6 (2d6+2, 19-20) [b]Stun Baton[/b] +6 (1d6+2, 20) [b]Str[/b] 14 (2) [b]Dex[/b] 22 (6) [b]Con[/b] 16 (3) [b]Wis[/b] 16 (3) [b]Int[/b] 23 (6) [b]Cha[/b] 16 (3) [b]Soc[/b] 10 (0) [b]Edu[/b] 28 (9)
Jake Roberts Human Operative 12 NG HP 108 / 108 RES 12 / 12 STAM 108 / 108 Speed 40ft Init 6 KAC 20 EAC 21 Fort 7 Ref 14 Will 11 CMB 28 BAB 9 Laser Pistol +9 (2d81, 20)
Laser Sniper Rifle +9 (3d8, 20)
High Frequency Sword +6 (2d6+2, 19-20)
Stun Baton +6 (1d6+2, 20) Str 14 (2) Dex 22 (6) Con 16 (3) Wis 16 (3) Int 23 (6) Cha 16 (3) Soc 10 (0) Edu 28 (9)

Skills

Skill Name Modifier
Acrobatics +25
Athletics +19
Bluff +20
Computers +23
Culture +18
Diplomacy +9
Disguise +15
Engineering +28
Intimidate +20
Life Science +8
Medicine +8
Mysticism +5
Perception +20
Physical Science +8
Piloting +34
Profession +16
Sense Motive +20
Slight of Hand +18
Stealth +23
Survival

+20

Jack of all Trades +2
Repair 10 +10
Local Computer Use +11

Feats and Abilities 

Feats:

Skill Focus: Piloting

Skill Synergy: Engineering and Piloting

Far Shot

Sky Jockey

Hide Sabotage

Tactician

Weapons Specialization: Basic Melee

Small Arms and Sniper

Skill Focus: Computers & Engineering

Class Abilities:

Operatives Edge +4

Specialization: Hacker

Trick Attack +6d8

Evasion

Debilitating Trick

Uncanny Agility

Specialization Skill Mastery

Operative Exploits:

Nightvision

Uncanny Pilot

Enhanced Senses

Elusive Hacker

Soft Movement

Cloaking Field

Control Hack

Glimpse the Truth

Languages: English, French, German, Mandarin, Trade Language, Vaulter, Elven, Dwarven, Troll, Ork

Equipment 

Equipment:

Laser Pistol (6500 Cr)

Laser Sniper Rifle (15000 Cr)

Stun Baton (500 Cr)

High Frequency Sword (650 Cr)

Ceremonial Navy Sword (Mustering out Navy weapon)

Personal nanoshield (50000 Cr)

Personal shield (5000 Cr)

D Suit I (63600 Cr)

Display contacts (over eyes) (650 Cr)

Card Computer (3500 Cr)

Intelipick (350 Cr)

Combat Vac Suit (100 Cr)

Data Port Implant (head slot)

MRK II Augmentation to all 6 Stats (390000 Cr)

Fighter Ship(See post below) (3MCr)

Vehicle Recon Enercopter (Mustering out)

TAS Membership (Mustering out)

3 Ship shares worth (10 MCr)

Broadsword Class Merc Cruiser

Jake blinks his eyes a few times. His body twitched a fee times as he slowly but sure takes back control of his body. It had been a nightmare to be awake and aware of his surroundings but unable to move any part of his body. He quietly shudders at the memory. Luckily his body actually allowed him to do so now. He sits up and looks around at the two people in the room with him, he flashes them a smile as he speaks "So which one of you kissed me to wake me from this curse? "

As he says it, he realizes that they probably would not get the reference. Not many earthers these days would get it either, if they had not read old fairy tales as his mother had to him as a child. "I promise I won't tell my wife or she will cut you."  he has a thoughtful look on his face before he continues "Well more likely she would have one of the guards do it."  it was at this point he pays more attention to what his HUD was telling him. "What the bloody hell, sixteen days?" he turns to Rona with an almost accusing look on his face. "What happened? I was out but aware, it did not feel like so long."

OOC