SIDE: Bowing to a Lich's Whims

Sohala

Posted (edited)
spacer.png

"It wasn't, for us." Prax's covered head was unreadable as ever, but her voice gave the impression she was in at least decent spirits, "We can lodge a complaint over the lack of a warning when we get back." She turned and addressed Lt Ham, "Thank you for your help in this. I hope that we didn't pull you away from any other commitments."

[Possible additional conversation]

She lent her hands to help Jake get up, "Come on, sit up. Any lingering effects or stiff limbs?"

OOC

I would think his HUDs wouldn't be working at all being on the island. And yes I saw your note.

Going to assume there is some display in the tent to cover for it.

Edited by Sohala (see edit history)

I believe you disabled his ability to transmit so he also will have no connection to send or receive as well but basic functions like date should work.

High Tech

you have never found anything that would work that you had access to or your race has used but anything is possible, whatever is suppressing the tech has its own rating so if you found say a PL 12 item and the effect is only able to cover PL 9 maybe it would work.... Just got to find a super high PL item to test it on :) You trying to disabling the HUD to come here makes less sense then if it would stop working anyways.

13 hours ago, Sohala said:
Prax-Suit.png.cced7f31e9a80546a115e74ce391d82d.png

"It wasn't, for us." Prax's covered head was unreadable as ever, but her voice gave the impression she was in at least decent spirits, "We can lodge a complaint over the lack of a warning when we get back." She turned and addressed Lt Ham, "Thank you for your help in this. I hope that we didn't pull you away from any other commitments."

[Possible additional conversation]

She lent her hands to help Jake get up, "Come on, sit up. Any lingering effects or stiff limbs?"

OOC

I would think his HUDs wouldn't be working at all being on the island. And yes I saw your note.

Going to assume there is some display in the tent to cover for it.

Lt nods, salutes and just says as he leaves "Orders are orders."

Posted (edited)
spacer.png

Prax gave him a salute in kind, making a mental note to check his active assignments when she finished with her report.

[After making sure Jake is fully functional.]

"Come on, I have to see someone and I can't leave you alone." She cleared out the couple remaining bladders from suit/box and then closed it back up. "You will need to behave yourself. Your position won't get you much and your rank is useless here."

[Who?]

She started to wheel the box forward, "He is the reason you are able to be here and not trapped in yourself back with your wife." A resoluteness gripped her words, "He deserves more than the partial reports of late. Perhaps you can help with our recent activities." She knew full well they had worked the details of the modified fight to death, but it didn't hurt to remind him.

OOC

Unless Jake protests, move to visit her commander. Preferably in a more personal setting, over a filled command tent.

As you walk in your suit, you get the younger ones point and start to ask those around them how it can move, some knew some shrug if didnt. You see a few faces that were here when you left, they give you a nod if similar rank when you left, or salute if higher. You dont wear your SIM rank, you know how they feel about that here, as stated to Jake, while the official stance is it is a official rank, most here dont see playing in a SIM any different than playing in a computer game. No one pays Jake any mind.

The commander is in meeting with front line commander so you have wait a few hours to see him.

One of the few other than yourself that has a magitech suit, he meets you not wearing it but in the room a safe distance away. The  Obsidian Mask (Hybrid) causes widespread confusion in the enemies when it gets within range and the commander uses it to great effect when he does take the battle. It towers in the room like a black statue watching you from the corner.

He sits at a desk reviewing some papers when you come in.

Posted (edited)
spacer.png

If the situation called for it, she stopped to formally salute or merely acknowledged while still rolling.

Prax understood there were more pressing demands than her getting time with him. He had been more than accommodating with her requests and she could use the time to recover. Being among magic again after draining herself made her nerves itch. She explained the situation to Jake, asking if he needed anything for the wait, while she slept.

{Want an opportunity to access a book of lore? No intel, just lore. I figured she could swing a non-rare book for the duration.}

With Jake situated, she let herself relax into the cradle harness, adjusting it to the sleep configuration for the wait.

Prax was walking through a lightless field. The dead littered the ground, along with the ruined hulks of machines everywhere. Giant silhouettes moved against the backdrop of the starless sky. Hands reached down from them to place or move things.

She recognized the seal of the Council on one... one was skeletal... another bestial... several were robotic... groups of them were clustered together... and many more...

Dizzy from looking up, she cast her eyes down. She saw lesser beings she could interact with in a similar manner. Some force moved her hand and she watched a group she'd nudged perish... She then realized a hand was upon her...

...a light alarm woke Prax at the appointed time with a start. Her suit jerked as she came back to reality. Seeing Jake as she had left him, she centered herself. Her mind felt a little hazy, but other than that, she was re-invigorated. She nudged him, "He should be about ready for us, tuck that away. We will return it before we leave."

Prax stopped well short of the desk, flipping the box to a standing position. She retrieved each of her weapons, from their various places, laying each one on the floor, along with her SIM-acquired staff; then the bundled remains. Only then did she dismount to stand next to Jake. When indicated she should speak, she took a step forward to take a knee and hang her head. "I have come to submit myself to your judgment for my absence. You covered for my impulsiveness and backdated my orders, for that I am grateful."

OOC

I think this strikes the middle between your handwave and the events.

Edited by Sohala
Filled in dream... it is kind of meh. (see edit history)

He finish writing something then look up at you. He only glances at Jake before speaking, " You followed order, track the UFO and got caught in another mission gears. Its not like you went AWOL is it Prax? I see you aged well, and gain some virtual ranks in that video game they are calling real life..... Your post is still here, you were not released from it but we have not given orders to return to us. Are you on mission with the council special task group?" A pure blood human, the command was in his early 40s with brown crew cut hair and blue eyes. His voice is one that carry on the wind and he speaks with a directness that expects his questions answered but not with waste of fluff.

Posted (edited)
Prax2.png.444f282cc9889c053259658ba35ebe00.png

[[Mental monologue]]

When no immediate rebuke came, she raised her head and responded, "Yes, but not under direct orders." She averted her eyes, having not believed when they had first been presented to her, "They were right in their estimation. Those two were a different breed and dangerous when their charade was up." Reaching over, she pulled the bundled remains closer. Looking back at him, she continued while gesturing at them, "One cursed Jakeor better fitting name, in keeping with the tone with a touch..." She was already on the record of having brought Jake for healing, so she didn't bother to repeat that fact. "The vaulters lack the means to [dissect] these infected." Her last point was a little tough for her, but she powered through "And, I needed to return your suit to you." She did her best to avoid it, but a sentimental tone bled into her words.

OOC

I don't think 'Dissect' is the right word, but my brain refuses to let go of it.

She will provide a recording on a crystal if asked for it.

I could be completely misreading the question, be it missing context on the player part or something.

Jake Roberts

kira-mayer-3-4.jpg.8feb1d40c3e2fcc61e099a169a18de3d.jpg

Statblock

[b][url=/sheets/?id=2809477]Jake Roberts[/url][/b] [i]Human Operative 12 NG[/i] [b]HP[/b] 108 / 108 [b]RES[/b] 12 / 12 [b]STAM[/b] 108 / 108 [b]Speed[/b] 40ft [b]Init[/b] 6 [b]KAC[/b] 20 [b]EAC[/b] 21 [b]Fort[/b] 7 [b]Ref[/b] 14 [b]Will[/b] 11 [b]CMB[/b] 28 [b]BAB[/b] 9 [b]Laser Pistol[/b] +9 (2d81, 20) [b]Laser Sniper Rifle[/b] +9 (3d8, 20) [b]High Frequency Sword[/b] +6 (2d6+2, 19-20) [b]Stun Baton[/b] +6 (1d6+2, 20) [b]Str[/b] 14 (2) [b]Dex[/b] 22 (6) [b]Con[/b] 16 (3) [b]Wis[/b] 16 (3) [b]Int[/b] 23 (6) [b]Cha[/b] 16 (3) [b]Soc[/b] 10 (0) [b]Edu[/b] 28 (9)
Jake Roberts Human Operative 12 NG HP 108 / 108 RES 12 / 12 STAM 108 / 108 Speed 40ft Init 6 KAC 20 EAC 21 Fort 7 Ref 14 Will 11 CMB 28 BAB 9 Laser Pistol +9 (2d81, 20)
Laser Sniper Rifle +9 (3d8, 20)
High Frequency Sword +6 (2d6+2, 19-20)
Stun Baton +6 (1d6+2, 20) Str 14 (2) Dex 22 (6) Con 16 (3) Wis 16 (3) Int 23 (6) Cha 16 (3) Soc 10 (0) Edu 28 (9)

Skills

Skill Name Modifier
Acrobatics +25
Athletics +19
Bluff +20
Computers +23
Culture +18
Diplomacy +9
Disguise +15
Engineering +28
Intimidate +20
Life Science +8
Medicine +8
Mysticism +5
Perception +20
Physical Science +8
Piloting +34
Profession +16
Sense Motive +20
Slight of Hand +18
Stealth +23
Survival

+20

Jack of all Trades +2
Repair 10 +10
Local Computer Use +11

Feats and Abilities 

Feats:

Skill Focus: Piloting

Skill Synergy: Engineering and Piloting

Far Shot

Sky Jockey

Hide Sabotage

Tactician

Weapons Specialization: Basic Melee

Small Arms and Sniper

Skill Focus: Computers & Engineering

Class Abilities:

Operatives Edge +4

Specialization: Hacker

Trick Attack +6d8

Evasion

Debilitating Trick

Uncanny Agility

Specialization Skill Mastery

Operative Exploits:

Nightvision

Uncanny Pilot

Enhanced Senses

Elusive Hacker

Soft Movement

Cloaking Field

Control Hack

Glimpse the Truth

Languages: English, French, German, Mandarin, Trade Language, Vaulter, Elven, Dwarven, Troll, Ork

Equipment 

Equipment:

Laser Pistol (6500 Cr)

Laser Sniper Rifle (15000 Cr)

Stun Baton (500 Cr)

High Frequency Sword (650 Cr)

Ceremonial Navy Sword (Mustering out Navy weapon)

Personal nanoshield (50000 Cr)

Personal shield (5000 Cr)

D Suit I (63600 Cr)

Display contacts (over eyes) (650 Cr)

Card Computer (3500 Cr)

Intelipick (350 Cr)

Combat Vac Suit (100 Cr)

Data Port Implant (head slot)

MRK II Augmentation to all 6 Stats (390000 Cr)

Fighter Ship(See post below) (3MCr)

Vehicle Recon Enercopter (Mustering out)

TAS Membership (Mustering out)

3 Ship shares worth (10 MCr)

Broadsword Class Merc Cruiser

Jake gets up on shaky legs leaning on Rona for a moment before he felt more steady "Thanks for the assist. I think I am feeling better now. Just a bit unsteady there at first, I guess I Have not used my legs in a bit. " As he say with a grin.

He follows her to her room. Taking the book she gave him and read up on the lore of this planet. "If my wife asks I did not watch you sleep, that might be an awkward conversation starter."  he tucks the book into his uniform and follows Rona to see her commanding officer. He watched her as she made her respects to him. He on the other hand did not do anything special to give the man his respect or disrespect for that matter. He did not know the man from Adam. That did not stop him from being nice to the man when he introduced himself. "I am retired High General Roberts, though I hear you do not really recognize my rank. I do hear you are to thank for getting me here to be cured of that bastards touch."  

OOC

9 hours ago, Sohala said:
Prax-Suit.png.cced7f31e9a80546a115e74ce391d82d.png

[[Mental monologue]]

When no immediate rebuke came, she raised her head and responded, "Yes, but not under direct orders." She averted her eyes, having not believed when they had first been presented to her, "They were right in their estimation. Those two were a different breed and dangerous when their charade was up." Reaching over, she pulled the bundled remains closer. Looking back at him, she continued while gesturing at them, "One cursed Jakeor better fitting name, in keeping with the tone with a touch..." She was already on the record of having brought Jake for healing, so she didn't bother to repeat that fact. "The vaulters lack the means to [dissect] these infected." Her last point was a little tough for her, but she powered through "And, I needed to return your suit to you." She did her best to avoid it, but a sentimental tone bled into her words.

OOC

I don't think 'Dissect' is the right word, but my brain refuses to let go of it.

She will provide a recording on a crystal if asked for it.

I could be completely misreading the question, be it missing context on the player part or something.

He listen to your report then said " yes I got a cable for you," He searches his desk and finds paper. " council asks to report on vaulter veiws and give your option on which way vote going. "

When Jake starts to speak he frowns then addresses him " Right Roberts it not that your rank is not Recognized, it's your retired so have no authority once you left service. If still we're in active duty you would." Based on the dismissive tone you doubt he would be talking this way even to a retired high commander.

Jake Roberts

kira-mayer-3-4.jpg.8feb1d40c3e2fcc61e099a169a18de3d.jpg

Statblock

[b][url=/sheets/?id=2809477]Jake Roberts[/url][/b] [i]Human Operative 12 NG[/i] [b]HP[/b] 108 / 108 [b]RES[/b] 12 / 12 [b]STAM[/b] 108 / 108 [b]Speed[/b] 40ft [b]Init[/b] 6 [b]KAC[/b] 20 [b]EAC[/b] 21 [b]Fort[/b] 7 [b]Ref[/b] 14 [b]Will[/b] 11 [b]CMB[/b] 28 [b]BAB[/b] 9 [b]Laser Pistol[/b] +9 (2d81, 20) [b]Laser Sniper Rifle[/b] +9 (3d8, 20) [b]High Frequency Sword[/b] +6 (2d6+2, 19-20) [b]Stun Baton[/b] +6 (1d6+2, 20) [b]Str[/b] 14 (2) [b]Dex[/b] 22 (6) [b]Con[/b] 16 (3) [b]Wis[/b] 16 (3) [b]Int[/b] 23 (6) [b]Cha[/b] 16 (3) [b]Soc[/b] 10 (0) [b]Edu[/b] 28 (9)
Jake Roberts Human Operative 12 NG HP 108 / 108 RES 12 / 12 STAM 108 / 108 Speed 40ft Init 6 KAC 20 EAC 21 Fort 7 Ref 14 Will 11 CMB 28 BAB 9 Laser Pistol +9 (2d81, 20)
Laser Sniper Rifle +9 (3d8, 20)
High Frequency Sword +6 (2d6+2, 19-20)
Stun Baton +6 (1d6+2, 20) Str 14 (2) Dex 22 (6) Con 16 (3) Wis 16 (3) Int 23 (6) Cha 16 (3) Soc 10 (0) Edu 28 (9)

Skills

Skill Name Modifier
Acrobatics +25
Athletics +19
Bluff +20
Computers +23
Culture +18
Diplomacy +9
Disguise +15
Engineering +28
Intimidate +20
Life Science +8
Medicine +8
Mysticism +5
Perception +20
Physical Science +8
Piloting +34
Profession +16
Sense Motive +20
Slight of Hand +18
Stealth +23
Survival

+20

Jack of all Trades +2
Repair 10 +10
Local Computer Use +11

Feats and Abilities 

Feats:

Skill Focus: Piloting

Skill Synergy: Engineering and Piloting

Far Shot

Sky Jockey

Hide Sabotage

Tactician

Weapons Specialization: Basic Melee

Small Arms and Sniper

Skill Focus: Computers & Engineering

Class Abilities:

Operatives Edge +4

Specialization: Hacker

Trick Attack +6d8

Evasion

Debilitating Trick

Uncanny Agility

Specialization Skill Mastery

Operative Exploits:

Nightvision

Uncanny Pilot

Enhanced Senses

Elusive Hacker

Soft Movement

Cloaking Field

Control Hack

Glimpse the Truth

Languages: English, French, German, Mandarin, Trade Language, Vaulter, Elven, Dwarven, Troll, Ork

Equipment 

Equipment:

Laser Pistol (6500 Cr)

Laser Sniper Rifle (15000 Cr)

Stun Baton (500 Cr)

High Frequency Sword (650 Cr)

Ceremonial Navy Sword (Mustering out Navy weapon)

Personal nanoshield (50000 Cr)

Personal shield (5000 Cr)

D Suit I (63600 Cr)

Display contacts (over eyes) (650 Cr)

Card Computer (3500 Cr)

Intelipick (350 Cr)

Combat Vac Suit (100 Cr)

Data Port Implant (head slot)

MRK II Augmentation to all 6 Stats (390000 Cr)

Fighter Ship(See post below) (3MCr)

Vehicle Recon Enercopter (Mustering out)

TAS Membership (Mustering out)

3 Ship shares worth (10 MCr)

Broadsword Class Merc Cruiser

Jake gives the commander a sharp look. He did not buy that excuse for a second. "Of course I see, so you are saying that once someone is no longer in active service they do not deserve any respect. I get it you think the sim is some video game, and for you perhaps it is but for us it is not. We do not just plug into it without fear of repercussions like you people do to get training, we are physically there and what happens there for us has lasting effects, even death. There is no do over for us if we die there, like a video game as you think. Plus my understanding is that the wars I fought and the battles I won did in fact have real world actions that helped the world at large. So respect me or not. I honestly dont give a damn. You however best change that attitude because vaulters as a whole are coming out of the shadows now and they do deserve some respect. We could very well hold the answers to this world becoming a better place to live. Though if we feel slighted we just might decide to be isolationist, which does not do the world as a whole a lot of good." he had dealt with men like this while he was in service, small men with an exaggerated sense of their own importance. They always gave him a headache.

OOC

Man a great speech and shit roll. Lol

Edited by darlis moonbeam (see edit history)
Name
Diplomacy
1d20+9 4

Posted (edited)
Prax2.png.444f282cc9889c053259658ba35ebe00.png

Prax hissed under her breath at Jake, trying to remind him he was a guest, given help by the very same person he was going off on.

OOC

I don't have a full post thought through. Just interject this so you two can continue.

I am fine with it, Prax less so.