Character Creation Guidelines

Colin

Is it alright if I've already played the start of this AP in the past? I have no intention to metagame using my knowledge either way but figured I'd let you know rather than just apply ^^;

45 minutes ago, Pale_Valkyrie said:

Hello, I am thinking about toss up an app. Is Fizban's Treasury of Dragons allowed? They have newer dragonborn options since the dragonborn needed a little buff.

TCE also includes two feats that further enhances the Dragonborn race.

3 hours ago, Colin said:

Added Volo’s to the list of allowed, since @SerakHawk pointed out there are additional playable races in there.

Actually the races in Volo's and Tome of Foes were rewritten in Monsters of the Multiverse so that later book should supersede Volo's as Volo's and Tome of Foes have been depreciated since Monsters of the Multiverse came out.

The biggest general change in MotM is the fact that ALL races can either:

1. Add their attribute bonuses to whatever abilities they like, thus freeing up races from being niche picks to match classes.
  2. Allowing either a +2 and +1 OR a +1 to three abilities.

They did make specific changes other than that but that was the major shift introduced.

Edit: The other primary change is that racial at-use abilities that were usable once per long-rest have, for the most part, been altered to be usable a number of times equal to your Proficiency Modifier per long rest instead.

😉

Edited by Ryfte (see edit history)

I have put forth a character! I need to write out his back story still but I am happy with him!

I also figured out a clever 'pioneer'-esk combat style

Using the throwing fighting style (From tasha's) I can attack with a onehanded battleax, the draw and throw a handax. I also have the two weapon fighting so that i can two weapon fight with a non lite weapon

• 2 weeks later...

A bit under 24 hours remaining to complete applications! If your application is marked as “ready for review” and has not been reviewed, please double check the first post in this thread to confirm you have followed all character creation requirements and any other requirements listed.