Ooc

Rakle

Respectfully, it's a 1-post retrocon that was made in err. (not really very much) And it would leave the guards yet unaware and in prime position for a better ambush... which is ACTUALLY how the scenario should be at this point without nerfing Ramad into a bumbling fool who doesnt't know what he's doing.

He could as easily walk up to the edge, which shouldn't cause a panic. 5-ft step around the corner and charge.

I also don't see why any character can't say... "wait, put it on Droz or whomever...."

Pretty fixable...

Edited by Eborne1 (see edit history)

It has nothing to do with being a bumbling fool. The spell has a 20' radius.

The darkness will be spilling out of the hallway as soon as Ramad/ Dros is half-way down the hallway. By the time they are at the end of the hallway, it will be significantly covering the lower portion of the room.

What would Ramad or Dros do differently?

Black lines indicate area of darkness

image.png.63b630a5443cb6c6ef507e483acc57ee.png

image.png.16db02cb7c92df34fa1fdb55def8995b.png

Yes.. I noticed that. (but therein also lies the point...) Casting the spell on the coin doesn't HAVE to be a cascading effect that immediately triggers battle and chaos.

Per ACTUAL gameplay. Ramad has the coin and not Raze and he is currently 30 feet from visibility and hasn't taken a move action.

1) Someone can notice the problem and suggest an alternate course

2) The spell can be ended

3) The coin can be moved

4) Other actions can be taken (spells cast, attacks made, etc...) before Ramad moves into combat.
5) Surprise rounds exist

** The problem is a bit blown out of proportion now. So, it's fine, lets just run it forward. **

Edited by Eborne1 (see edit history)

Not arguing or supporting any position. I already said I thought we should just plow ahead simply for convenience.

However, here are the facts. Note I'm not certain how the 20 ft. radius fits on a map.

She speaks a few words in that strange ashy language and the shadows around her begin to swirl and pool around the coin she holds, until the whole area surrounding her is totally enveloped in dark shadow. She tucks the coin into a fold in Ramad's pack.

"May shadow guide you, dear!" she whispers in a very grandmotherly tone before slowly moving up to join Anhotep by the corner of the hallway.

Ramad and Zelda are in the first hallway 25-30 feet from the opening into the guard room.

While in the hallway, Zelda casts darkness on coin and tucks it inside Ramad's pack to block the spell's effect until it's exposed.

Zelda moves forward near Anhotep.

Ramad never moved yet and should be 25 feet from the opening with the darkness coin tucked inside his pack.

Edited by Terran (see edit history)

No. We will revert. However, Raisin's attack will still be used for her first attack in combat. Pearl has just cast the spell, and stuffed the coin in the backpack.

Sounds good. Remember that the timing of Raisin's move and attack are contingent.

They occur when everyone is in position and signals their readiness.

The horrible miss hopefully does something funny!!! 😀

PS: (Edit) Please, please don't hit Anhotep in the rump with the fumbled arrow attack!!!!!!! 😈

Edited by Terran (see edit history)

Sorry to everyone. I'm not trying to be contentious. It was my plan and obviously I'd like to make the most of it and not have it just flounder despite my efforts to salvage it.

The problem really arose when I realized it was not a ranged spell. I probably should've mentioned my revelation via OOC and we could've come up with something new. I just figured it was a lot of work and would still be highly advantageous to have darkness centered around combat given how many party members have darkvision.

Thanks for everyone's patience.

Raisin's actions are possibly future-oriented and are already posted as contingent.

Thus, I plan to let the other players post first and once the action is re-synced with Raze's last posted actions.

Then I'll post again too.

19 hours ago, Steel Warrior said:

I was going in last since I was wearing heavy plate. I thought the darkness was to be on the two guards before the attack?

That plan got changed. You will probably want to double move Ramad into position.

What is giving Raisin a +2 deflection bonus to AC?

Not sure. Must have had a shield of faith or protection from evil spell cast on her earlier in the game and I just forgot to take it off.

I did not notice since it has been forever since she was attacked.

AC is correct now on the header, stat block and PC Sheet.

AC = 22

25 minutes ago, Terran said:

Not sure. Must have had a shield of faith or protection from evil spell cast on her earlier in the game and I just forgot to take it off.

I did not notice since it has been forever since she was attacked.

AC is correct now on the header, stat block and PC Sheet.

AC = 22

Ok. she will get hit for 3hp of damage

1 hour ago, Rakle said:

@dhemon @Steel Warrior  You are moving into the grease spell. If you want to go into those squares, you will need to make a DC10 acrobatics check. Failure requires a DC11 reflex save to prevent falling. Failing the acrobatics check by 5 or more imeans that you instantly fall prone.

The black tentacles is the area of the darkness.

Ah, brain stopped working there for a bit. Thought the square was the darkness instead of the grease for some reason. Dros would have just gone straight north instead. I'll adjust, if permissible.

4 hours ago, Rakle said:

@dhemon @Steel Warrior  You are moving into the grease spell. If you want to go into those squares, you will need to make a DC10 acrobatics check. Failure requires a DC11 reflex save to prevent falling. Failing the acrobatics check by 5 or more imeans that you instantly fall prone.

The black tentacles is the area of the darkness.

I failed the acrobatics, but made my reflex.

3 hours ago, dhemon said:

Ah, brain stopped working there for a bit. Thought the square was the darkness instead of the grease for some reason. Dros would have just gone straight north instead. I'll adjust, if permissible.

go ahead and adjust