IC - Dragonheist - A Friend in Need

SMARTAgentKC

My plan would be to go where there are more people and ask someone as the first choice (by the assumption that could be a purple shop since roped off area doesn't scream "crowd" but you would know the best how many people is where)

neither place really has a crowd however the roped off area appears to have at least 2 city guards watching the street you all are on plus several more working it. It appears to be a rather big scene having drawn several patrols to the one area.

I would vote for the roped off area as long as no one would rather avoid the city watch.

Maybe the "crime scene" has something to do with our person of interest.
It would be rather silly to miss the oppurtunity to gather crucial information here.

FullBody.png.78c69e3429e8c68399010dd18a95f617.png

Donaar thinks to himself that the Purple Shop is interesting and probably easier situation to handle than the group of town guards. "I say we go for the shop."

The group would approach the roped off area as they get close they see lying on the cobblestones are a half-dozen corpses, seemingly the victims of some terrible skirmish. Watch officers have disarmed and arrested three blood-drenched humans and are in the midst of questioning witnesses.

The two watch guards closest to you, one man and one woman in scale mail armor, notice your approach and the man lightly puts up a hand in a light stopping pose "Sorry Folks can't pass this way, best you just keep on walking, it's going to be a while before this mess is cleaned up."

Garth| AC 13 | Ini: 0 | PP: 12 | Hit Points: 36/36 | Size: Medium | Speed: 30 ft |

https://i.pinimg.com/564x/d3/e6/28/d3e6285f51610d45a1078f02cbf158ab.jpg

White-haired youth made a half disgusted, half amazed face at the sight of carnage and made a step back from it, like in shock. Although his companions by now saw him change his expressions as someone changing socks. While he was not born, a silver-tongued liar it was obvious his life was not sugar and spice, and he learned to at least present the expected facade to others. Like the guard stopping strangers running up at the scene of carnage.

"No worries my good man, I have no wish to have any of that on my boots." He throws another glance toward corpses and detained men "But, Tyr's balls, what those drunken fools were trying to do replay the Siege of Waterdeep?" He shakes his head in disbelief, Then he looks at the guard "Just, so we're out of your hair ASAP, don't tell me this blocks our way to the Skewered Dragon?"

He is careful to omit any lies, better more harmless truth than being caught in a small lie "I arrived from Phlan today and a friend told me to look for the Skewered Dragon, but the senile fool forgot to tell me where is it, so we're looking around like blind chickens..." He looks toward corpses meaningfully "...that now strikes me as not the smartest idea during the night."

Tools of the Trade

Equipment:

Glaive: 1d20+5, 1d10+3,

Greatsword: 1d20+5, 2d6+3

Hand Axe x2: 1d20+5, 2d6+3

Longbow (20 Arrows): 1d20+3, 1d8

Actions/OOC

Free:

Bonus:

Reaction:

Swift:

Move:

Standard:

Immediate:

Maneuvers (5d8)-(4d8 left)

Brace

Grappling Strike

Quick Toss

Sweeping Attack

Trip Attack

OOC:

Edited by Grudge (see edit history)
Name
Perception (looking for corpses and prisoners for any sign, or insignia he might recognize)
1d20+3 14
Investigation (similar, looking for any clues how thing went down during the fight)
1d20+3 9

Living in the wild carnage is something Vadania sees everyday when a predator succeeds in hunting down its victim.
The difference is that predators only kill for their own survival and to feed not out of emotion. 
One of the main reasons Vadania is disgusted by this so-called civilization and would rather avoid being involved.

Vadania gets as close to crime scene as the guards allow him and inspects the victims as well as the arrested suspects if they show any resemblence to the description Volo gave them of Floon Blagmaar.
Maybe the suspects stole some item that Vadania can see that could be taken from a wizard or someone dresses like a royal?

Perception (Looking for any signs their target was somehow involved)

Edited by Ziminar (see edit history)
Name
Perception (Looking for any signs their target was somehow involved)
1d20+2 8

Upon looking at the scene you notice that several of the dead men are bald kinda like the ones who started the brawl back in the Yawning Portal. However you don't see anyone who looks fancy enough to be your target, these men look just like common thugs however you do note that the live ones seem to have a black theme to their clothes,

The male guard rolled his eyes at Garth's statement about the siege of waterdeep not as an insult against Garth making the comment but on the whole situation. "You know I kinda wish it was a reenactment but no such luck, it just another street fight just like the rest that have been breaking out for the last week or so."

The woman guard sighed "you really picked a bad time to visit Waterdeep, we've been getting numerous summons for these types of scenes. No one is safe even during the day."

When the Skewered Dragon was bought up both guards looked at Garth with surprise as if they weren't expecting the name drop however the male recovered quickly

"Skewered Dragon... your friend has a poor choice for a meeting place especially right now..." He commented "but no you don't need to go this way," He pointed down the street almost toward the purple smoke shop in the distance, "It's up an alleyway down about 4 streets from here, just past Xoblob's shop, that purple place over there, You know you found it when you see a massive ship anchor in the roof, between Net Street and Fillet Lane if I remember correctly,"

"You need to be careful." The woman guard chimed in "that place is ran by some bad people,"

Garth| AC 13 | Ini: 0 | PP: 12 | Hit Points: 36/36 | Size: Medium | Speed: 30 ft |

https://i.pinimg.com/564x/d3/e6/28/d3e6285f51610d45a1078f02cbf158ab.jpg

Garth stores details of the scene and garbs of detainees for later when they are out of earshot. He places his Glaive on the ground in front of himself and bangs his head against it a few times while chiding himself "I should've known it, he wasn't just calling for a friendly visit, dunce likely got in gambling debt to someone there and wants me to bail him out. Even more so if the bar is run by the bad crowd. I should've stayed in Phlan, for now, there are just some Goblin issues there."

"Sure there is usual mischief and banditry but nothing like..." he looks like forcing himself to look at the carnage again "...this. When you say bad people, just rough crowd or this kinda of bad crowd?" He furtively glances at his companions as undecided "If second, we might consider returning during the daytime, we'll have to talk about it." Then, as if remembering something unimportant they mentioned "You said there is an uptick in this stuff lately? Is there any festival or something that would attract tourists? Maybe it is just that? Local ruffians pluck fresh pigeons, and then inevitably get to fighting for the best places to catch them?"

He glances toward both bodies and detainees "These certainly look the sort. If some local festivities are to blame, once tourists are gone and there is no need for fighting things could go back to normal. I certainly wouldn't want to have your job if that is not the case. Dealing with this every night." Garth again shakes his head but this time every time his head gets level with prisoners he's looking for a stylized Z somewhere on their person. Clothes, tattoos, jewelry, anything.

Tools of the Trade

Equipment:

Glaive: 1d20+5, 1d10+3,

Greatsword: 1d20+5, 2d6+3

Hand Axe x2: 1d20+5, 2d6+3

Longbow (20 Arrows): 1d20+3, 1d8

Actions/OOC

Free:

Bonus:

Reaction:

Swift:

Move:

Standard:

Immediate:

Maneuvers (5d8)-(4d8 left)

Brace

Grappling Strike

Quick Toss

Sweeping Attack

Trip Attack

OOC:

Edited by Grudge (see edit history)
Name
Perception (looking for Z on detainies anywhere)
1d20+3 3

Listening to Garth talk about how violence and crime is part of life in the city Vadania considers himself lucky again that he was able to keep his dealings with other people to minimum.
But there is no point in dwelling on this type of thing, he forces himself to focus on the job at hand so that he can leave this place as soon as he can. What they need now is as much information as they can get.

Vadania tries to eavesdrop on the guards interrogating the suspects to maybe find out more about what happened and also look for Z on detainees anywhere.

Perception (eavesdropping on interrogation)

Edited by Ziminar
Added perception roll to look for Z on detainees (see edit history)
Name
Perception (eavesdropping on interrogation)
1d20+2 8
1d20+2 12