Game-related OOC

DangerBoy

5 hours ago, DangerBoy said:

Kendrick (16) - Casts Holy Word, blinds Shinoyari for 1 round
Edmund (11) - fires missile, misses

@DangerBoy Soo... Edmund misses, then Kendrick blinds the bugger? So when does the blindness end exactly? At the start of Kendrick's next turn? Because if so, Edmund would be up before that and could pepper the bad guy with sneak attacks...

7 hours ago, DangerBoy said:

And yes, Shinoyari is within 30' of Kendrick, in range of the Holy Word.

I got different plans for this round. I have an AoE lightning spell I've been itching to try.

2 hours ago, Lycar said:

@DangerBoy Soo... Edmund misses, then Kendrick blinds the bugger? So when does the blindness end exactly? At the start of Kendrick's next turn? Because if so, Edmund would be up before that and could pepper the bad guy with sneak attacks...

Well, since we're doing block initiative I'm not going to pay particularly close attention to what effects end when aside from the blindness will end on Shinoyari's turn. So even if he rolled a 1 on his 1d4 (he did indeed make the save), he'll be blind during Edmund's attacks.

With Holy Smite active, Krekie and Serafina should be blind for the next round, taking them out of the action. Aranaias is now in a position to heal Duncan, but that will have to wait for next round.

1 hour ago, Omegang said:

With Holy Smite active, Krekie and Serafina should be blind for the next round, taking them out of the action. Aranaias is now in a position to heal Duncan, but that will have to wait for next round.

That's if they fail their saves, right?

Also, not sure if Duncan will stay in that location... if he does, he might not be up for you to heal.

20 hours ago, parody said:

That's if they fail their saves, right?

Also, not sure if Duncan will stay in that location... if he does, he might not be up for you to heal.

Aranaias' channel heals have a 30' radius of effect, centered on Aranaias. He needed to get close enough to Duncan to be able to heal him, but could not take the chance of Attacks of Opportunity when he flew past Krekie and Serafina.

He also has a couple of Heals and two Breath of Life if needed.

@DangerBoyAranaias is hovering 20' above Shinoyari

Edited by Omegang (see edit history)

8 hours ago, parody said:

@DangerBoy I believe Duncan did a total of 280 damage last round if Shinoyari had levels of antipaladin or cleric, not 228.

Can you share that rule, @parody? I thought Smite just affected outsiders, evil-dragons, and undead. Also, applies to the first successful attack, not all.

Smite

Once per day, a paladin can call out to the powers of good to aid her in her struggle against evil. As a swift action, the paladin chooses one target within sight to smite. If this target is evil, the paladin adds her Cha bonus (if any) to her attack rolls and adds her paladin level to all damage rolls made against the target of her smite. If the target of smite evil is an outsider with the evil subtype, an evil-aligned dragon, or an undead creature, the bonus to damage on the first successful attack increases to 2 points of damage per level the paladin possesses. Regardless of the target, smite evil attacks automatically bypass any DR the creature might possess.

In addition, while smite evil is in effect, the paladin gains a deflection bonus equal to her Charisma modifier (if any) to her AC against attacks made by the target of the smite. If the paladin targets a creature that is not evil, the smite is wasted with no effect.

The smite evil effect remains until the target of the smite is dead or the next time the paladin rests and regains her uses of this ability. At 4th level, and at every three levels thereafter, the paladin may smite evil one additional time per day, as indicated on Table: Paladin, to a maximum of seven times per day at 19th level.

That'll teach me to use ChatGPT...Sorry.

I did see that AntiPaladin's Aura of Evil does state:

Aura of Evil

The power of an antipaladin’s aura of evil (see the detect evil spell) is equal to his antipaladin level. A paladin who uses smite evil on an antipaladin deals 2 points of damage per paladin level on his first successful attack.

If attacked, Duncan will use his Steel Shield interrupt

Edited by parody (see edit history)