OOC for non game issues

Starhawk

The company needs her a lot more than she needs the company. Everyone else is being extremely respectful and extremely polite... and she is being polite with them.

Posted (edited)

If the problem is one of language, you could try you stating the intended tone when you speak, by using expressions like 'she asks respectfully' 'she demands' etc and then I'd have better idea of what tone you intend to convey. Without that I can only have PCs react to the words themselves.

Edited by Starhawk (see edit history)

To explain Snow questions(since i get the feeling it's indeed a misunderstanding of tone/intentions)

if you are an ambassador, who's the lord of this land?

We met this creature you called a serpentfolk who said to be an ambassador but

1) as far as i know there are lizardfolks e sahaguin, the blacksmith was friend of lizardfolks, lizardfolk and serpentfolks are two different creatures in pathfinder(but i suspected it was either a typing error or that lizardfolk=serpentfolk in this setting)

2) ignoring the above, we knew the village had been exterminated some time ago(weeks, maybe more?) so (at the time of that post)i couldnt understand why the lizardfolks would keep an ambassador there with no one around and the risk of sahaguin attack, my conclusion was that either the lizardfolk knew of our arrival or that the snake lady wasnt completely honest(there may be another explanation, but these are the ones i could think) so asking her who was the king was a test, a dumb one, but Snow is dumb so i couldnt have her come up with a bright idea.(now i know they had a reason to keep her here, even if she seem more like a guardian than an ambassador)

"but we arent just humans: there are elves, angelfolks, beastfolks, even some goblins, do your people hate them too?"

I honestly dont understand how this question could be perceive as offensive, if its because ive used the word hate instead of dislike...cut me some slack(i goggled this) i know the difference between the two words but the sentence deliver the same meaning(also if the humans broke their oaths and have tried to conquer their land then it's not unreasonable to believe the lizardmen would feel something stronger that dislike for them) if it's something else that offended the snake lady then i really dont understand.

"you say i'll talk us into fights, against who? you said we cant commerce with your people, just you, that you are the Wall, will other members of your people visit us? are there other tribes on this island, beside your people?

Here i though it was a test, i even wrote it, i believed the snake woman was deliberately provoking Snow to see if shes a savage, i though that because even if she did insult my character multiple times, she also answered her questions, so when she said -She will talk you into fights you don't need.- I took it as an hint that there will be other social encounters, either with her tribe or other tribes, there would be no need to say that if the only person we're going to talk with is this snake lady, no? so i asked

If Snow has to apologize for these questions, and someone point it out to her, i can have her apologize(if i didnt realize my questions would offend the lady, i suspect the low iq uneducated barbarian would also not get it) though the one who has been repeatedly insulted is her

Posted (edited)

1. If you are an ambassador... = I doubt that you are. [A beginning is a delicate time and this was a bad start]

This would have been a better start. "Honored to meet you Ambassador" = I trust that you are an ambassador. You chose a different path.

2. If you are an ambassador, who is your leader? = I am trying to trip you up. [This is not a friendly action]

3. ".. but we aren't just humans" [followed by a contentious statement.. = I really want to argue with you.]

4. "Do you hate them too.." [Please find for me the part where she stated her race 'hated' humans.] Also, why would a race that hated humans build a memorial graveyard to fallen humans? Honestly, it seemed like Snow was picking a fight at this point.

5. Why would you believe there would be no other encounters with other peoples on this island? Honestly confused about this.

By 4. she was done talking. She'd signalled her displeasure early and in a manner you immediately said was mean. You then continued, God knows why, despite signals from her the equivalent of fireworks.

Not buying into your 'I am the victim here' statement here, when from where I am standing Snow instigated the ENTIRE thing by being nasty first. Everyone else was polite and she's been polite and helpful back.

You are welcome to continue this IC.

Edited by Starhawk (see edit history)

I understand we see it from different angles, but theres no gain with insisting on it ic, it wouldnt bring any good.

I see we constantly clash to the point im wondering "why isnt he telling me to leave?" so i'll ask it myself, am i welcome here? if my presence is a nuissance and not a source of fun, just say so and i'll withdraw, no hard feelings, having a player you dont like is tiresome and having a gm who doesnt like you turn everything in an uphill battle, i do like the game but i feel like walking in a minefield where i do or say something wrong every single time, do you think it's possible to find a solution or it's better to close it here?

I am reacting as a DM to player actions. It's clear you will take issue with every DM reaction. It happens sometimes. So, it is with regret that I bid you farewell. I hope you will find a game where the rulings are more in line with your expectations.

1 hour ago, Starhawk said:

So, should I advertise? We're down to 4 and a fraction at this point.

Well if you're still interested in splitting us into two groups, yeah. If you're happy just running one core group then we should be good with what we have.

HIT POINT UPDATE

rolld20 - shows Raziel at 23/27 - he is fully healed at 27/27 - DM please update when time permits

rolld20 shows Heva at 28/28 - PC Post I.C. shows 24/28 - Usually we go with rolld20, so can I assume Heva is fully healed? - If so, player please update I.C. post header

rolld20 shows Ed Billings at  27/36 - PC post 33/36 - I am not sure which is correct. Please advise

Let's definitely resolve Ed Billing's hit point total before the next encounter.

If he is down 9, then Raziel will heal him. If it's only 3 points, then he will save the wand charge.

1 hour ago, Terran said:

Let's definitely resolve Ed Billing's hit point total before the next encounter.

If he is down 9, then Raziel will heal him. If it's only 3 points, then he will save the wand charge.

Ed Billings has left the game