Sheet Folders in Testing ×

My Word Has Everything Changed

Alterangel

I'm not exactly a newcomer here, but I might as well be! I used to be an active member of the Weave six or seven years ago, but it's like entering a whole new world now! I like the new layout, and it seems much more user friendly. However...

I'm looking for my past posts to copy some of my application formats. Yet, I can't seem to find my post history on my profile.

Did that get deleted amongst all the new updates?

Anything big I should know about all the changes to the site in the last 5 years?

I'm not sure what you mean, unfortunately. With the "source" button you can access the HTML directly, which is a great feature, but I think some of the old BB codes don't work anymore. That's not official word, though. I'm a developer, but not a Myth-Weavers developer.

45 minutes ago, Alterangel said:

Does the old coding still work with this site? Can I copy/past an old application format and it still work.

Unfortunately, the architecture of the sites is so different that it's not possible to simply C+P old posts over and retain all formatting. However, there is a handy set of migration steps in the User Guide: https://www.myth-weavers.com/index.php?/articles.html/articles/myth-weavers-user-guide-r9/#Migration+Guide++Original+MW+to+Baldr+

Also, Eric has stated that there's no plans to shut down the old site - it'll remain read-only in perpetuity, so rather than migrating everything across, you could still simply link to old posts (handy if you've got loads of worldbuilding/lore in posts on OGMW and don't want to have to move it all across).

4 hours ago, Alterangel said:

Does the old coding still work with this site? Can I copy/past an old application format and it still work.

There's a BBCode option that allows using the OGMW code here. It works well most of the time, but it has some limitations also.

22 hours ago, Alterangel said:

I see! I think I'll just have to dig into the new format and see if I can figure out all the new features. I'm not a young buck anymore but I'll give it a go! Thank you!

Feel free to jump into my template thread and steal any of them that you like. It is pretty easy to do here with the "Clone" feature.

BWatford's Fancier Format Examples. - Homebrew - Myth-Weavers