Session 9: Booty

GM Saint

image.jpeg.18b356b01b7971d6c0b65aeae394683a.jpeg

Name Aaliyah | Class Warlock/Sorc | Level: 1/5 | AC: 16| HP: 49/49 | Prof: +3 Stats: Str 8 / Dex 14 / Con 14 / Int 12 / Wis 10 / Cha 18
Special Abilities: Luck: [o][o] Attacks: EB | +7 | 1d10+4(x2)

Cantrips       Spells Known (6): 

Magic Items: Healing Potion [o]

Spell DC: 15 | Spell Attack +7 Sorc Points: 0/5

Spells (Sorc lvl1) [o][o][o][o] (lvl2) [x][o][o] (lvl3) [o][o]l (War lvl1) [o]  

"I plan to... not be useless next time someone is dying. You almost died twice and I couldn't do much. I only had two of those potions so I can't help very much next time. So I'm just gonna buy them all..."

Aaliyah squinted at the gold. "I dont need anything else. I just want to help people."

360_F_550145852_p3MjtVaLStdL6fBKNHQZIyXwvqUQHVon.jpg.b9c3ec16c0fc13a81db46d2d22c75495.jpg

Name Nikoletta Vandal | Class BH/Pal | Level: 6 | AC: 15| HP: 72/72 | Prof: +3 Stats: Str 18 / Dex 12 / Con 14 / Int 08 / Wis 10 / Cha 14
Special Abilities: Luck: [o][o] Eyeless [x] Aroooo:[o] The Die: 1d6 Attacks: Greatsword | +7 | 1d12+4 slash - Bow | +4 | 1dd8+3

Spells: Misty Step/Levitate/Dispel Magic/Bless [o][o][o][o]

Magic Items: Healing Potion [o][o]

"Oh, dear child," her arms go around Aaliyah and she pulls her into an embrace. "We've not had much time to talk, have we? Even since the Shadow fell, I spent time chasing you only to finally find you just in time to be dragged off into more danger."

"I think so many potions will be unwieldy. Perhaps we settle on just two for you and ill buy two just to keep them on my belt in case you need to save me again. And well save this," she takes her hand with the rings, "for protecting people with your magic. Deal?"

She will take out enough coin from Aaliyah's pile for two healing potions and then produce enough from her own pouch to buy two more. If Aaliyah accepts that.

Name Aaliyah | Class Warlock/Sorc | Level: 1/5 | AC: 16| HP: 49/49 | Prof: +3 Stats: Str 8 / Dex 14 / Con 14 / Int 12 / Wis 10 / Cha 18

"Deal," she agrees with a big smile and gives Niko a tight hug. "I missed you those two weeks."

Suddenly less interested in the shop, Aaliyah will pay for her potions and and leave with Niko. Maybe she'll get to come see more of the shop later. "What did you mean you chased me?"

360_F_550145852_p3MjtVaLStdL6fBKNHQZIyXwvqUQHVon.jpg.b9c3ec16c0fc13a81db46d2d22c75495.jpg

Name Nikoletta Vandal | Class BH/Pal | Level: 6 | AC: 15| HP: 72/72 | Prof: +3 Stats: Str 18 / Dex 12 / Con 14 / Int 08 / Wis 10 / Cha 14
Special Abilities: Luck: [o][o] Eyeless [x] Aroooo:[o] The Die: 1d6 Attacks: Greatsword | +7 | 1d12+4 slash - Bow | +4 | 1dd8+3

"You vanished in the night, without a word. I tried to follow but lost your trail at a pool of water. So I tried to find Souris but her and Murdain had also departed in secret. I thought our fellowship dissolved and was returning to Aegis when I stopped in Empyrean's Rest and suddenly found you all... together. Seems o was the only one who didn't know..."

As she speaks shes rejoong Murdain and company with the owner. "Where did you go anyway?"

"Aye, it's room nine, second floor. Those boys. Well, Tel left peacefully. Was only four of them what came inside, Yshth coulda taken all but the goliath. I'm sure of it. If Tel didn't want to go, he didn't have to but my gut tells me they wasn't lookin' for an honest service." Bernie says, passing over a key to Murdain. "That opens every room so best you stick to room nine or else Clatha up there might put a bolt in ya."

'West.' That was the word scrawled into a open page of a prayer book in Tel's rom. The book itself was a book of hymns and prayers, all aimed to the Lady of Death. It's well worn and many of the pages have been spoiled over time. You also find a piece of cloth with an image of a tombstone sewn into it. This is the symbol of the Heralds of the Grave, a subsect of Gardeners that mostly do hospice type work, helping to ease the passing of those who can't be saved.

There's his backpack but it's just full of normal traveling supplies. And gold? You find his coin pouch, which contains about thirty golds worth of silver pieces in it and a smaller pouch full of crushed diamonds as well as a single, very pure and elegant diamond. You've seen such a gem before. Barkvin purchased one for a spell he'd said could raise the dead if he was fast about it.

@WolfBirch

For awhile your mother just holds you in her arms. She tried not to wince when you reveal the arm but the confusion of the moment was plain on her face. "Oh you've done gone and yerself in all kinds of a mix-up, huh? Dragons and old magic ladies... I knew this is what was in store for you. Always knew it, ever since you found faith I knew you weren't gonna be no cleric who runs a small church somewhere. No, you were gonna go find problems to fix and I can't be more damn proud but I wish you'd stop... but I know ya won't."

"I sure hope one day you know how that feels. To be proud of something and hate it at the same time."

When you mention another daughter, she winces again and starts to lie. She even shakes her head until something in your face brings her back around. "None I ever knew. The Captain of me ship, Clancy the Claw, we had a thing before I run off. That thing turned into a thing but that thing got ugly so I went to shore one night, had her and left her at a temple. Never told ol' Clance... never even went back. Never woulda got away if I kept her, wasn't sure I'd get away even without her. Least this way she got to live. I left some coin with her at the temple, they likely took that rather than stow it away for 'er."

orcpirate(2).jpg.12104ac02f934c721f72d91272b3fe2d.jpgName Barkvin | Class Cleric 6 | AC: 19 | HP: 57/57 | Prof: +3 | PP: 13 | Saves: Str +3 / Dex +2 / Con +3 / Int +1 / Wis +8 / Cha +3 | Luck: (2/2) | Channel Divinity: (2/2)

Special Abilities darkvision, Warcaster, Disciple of Life, Turn Undead, Preserve Life, Blessed Healer | 

Attacks: Mace | +5 | 1d6+2 bludgeoning, Light Crossbow | +4 | 1d8+1 piercing (80/320)

Prepared Spells | Spell DC: 15 | Spell Attack +7 | Hit Dice d8 (6/6) | Death Saves: 0/0

Cantrips: Light, Spare the Dying, Sacred Flame (2d8 radiant DEX save), Word of Radiance (2d6 radiant CON save)

Level 1 | (4/4) | Bless C (+d4), Cure Wounds (1d8+7 healing), Healing Word (1d4+7 healing), Inflict Wounds (3d10 necrotic)
Level 2 | (3/3)  | Hold Person C (WIS), Zone of Truth, Lesser Restoration, Spiritual Weapon (1d8+4 force), Prayer of Healing (2d8+8 x6), Blindness Deafness (CON)

Level 3 | (3/3)  | Beacon of Hope C, Mass Healing Word (1d4+9 x6), Daylight, [Aura of Vitality C (2d6+5 for 1 minute)], Revivify, Spirit Guardians C (WIS 3d8 radiant), Remove Curse

Barkvin is a little kid again in his mother's arms, though he doesn't fit as well as he used to, it still feels like a safe space. He wipes away his tears with his good arm. He thinks for a minute before talking "Argh, oh ma, I am sorry. I lost the arm, well one of the arms, that you and pa gave me. I am sorry that I ain't some one to sit in a small church somewhere, at least not yet. Seems like there is always more that needs looking to, and I can't figure out how to fix it on my own. " He pauses a little longer before continuing, "I am sorry you didn't tell me of your other daughter, my other sister. I hear that her name is Shadai and that she is looking for you. Sounds like she became a pirate too. Aaliyah met her if you would like more information we can go talk to Aaliyah. She could tell you more." He says as they walk along. "Does old widow Sca'hari' still do some sewing? I need to get me shirt and jacket fixed. This arm don't need to be in a sling, but I don't want anyone to see it." He adds as he starts walking toward the seamstresses house.

OOC: I hope that it is okay that I made up Sca'hari' as a seamstress who can make him a new sleeve and a glove. I would like a black sleeve with a black glove to cover his new arm. (I would like to say that black was the only fabric she had on hand that would work as Barkvin would prefer to have it not so obvious.) I don't need to RP his getting the sleeve and glove, just let me know the cost. He can do this while the others are searching the room.

Mechanics

MOVE: none

ACTION: none

BONUS ACTION: none

REACTION: none

CONCENTRATION: none

OOC: I hope you are okay with me saying that the new arm glows. I think that a glowing arm is a better flavor, thematically.

Free 1 level bump whenever plus benefits of a long rest. Need to add arm stats

Edited by WolfBirch (see edit history)

"Oh right, hi, I'm Aaliyah and this is Hezrul the Harvester of Souls." She hands Hyall the staff by way of introductions. "Who's room is this?"

Without missing a beat, she went back to the conversation with Niko. "I went home to see my mom because my spear broke. She told me the spear didn't give me any magic, it took my magic away. It was making me weaker so Baba wouldn't find out I had my own magic or she'd want to keep me close to her to use."

"Thats why I seem slower now to. She said it took my magic and used it to make my body stronger so I could fight hard."

Murdain ShattershieldMurdainWitcher5.png.6cd2afbc95fe290c39b8a905db668054.png

Class: Psion 6 | AC: 14 | HP: 60/60 | Prof: +3 | Init: +3 | PP: 16 | Speed: 30ft

Conditions |0/3 0/36/6d8 HD| image.png.a82f23fe2d47028594124051b651afdc.png 2/2 LR| image.png.708944f243459fdd52c280f6b499426c.png 4/4 SR|image.png.c62acd6d65df4d9d52e101b519ead606.png 1/1 LR| potion.png.8ceade609fcabc6cc6ab30895b9a0a52.png 8/10 |💼 Inventory

"I'll stick to room nine, an' give Tel his things back when we find'im. I'm sure he'd appreciate it." Murdain picked up the prayer book, flipping through it. "I think we ought to take the job." He finally said. "An' thank ye for the vote of confidence, Kirit." The dwarf considered his findings before continuing: "I dun think Tel went willingly. Left all his stuff behind, jus' to leave a clue to where he's been goin', wrote in a prayer book which aint fer that... Niko. Group that went wit' 'im has our friend Scar-Arm. An' I think I can guess where they got the gold from... An where they've headed. I suggest we don' spend much time in town, an' head out now. We already two days behind em."

There was so much to think about.

Murdain let out a breath, rubbing the sides of his head. Too many thoughts.

"This is Tel the Priest's room, Aaliyah. Me an' Kirit met him when we were up north. Friendly old man. Bernie wants us t'go an' see if he's alive 'r dead, given he left with tha company if Scar-Arm and his unfriendly lot. Indomitus."

OOC/Mechanics

Action:
Bonus Action:
Free Action: 
Move: 
Reaction:
OOC: 

Edited by Diofant (see edit history)

Niko stares at Murdain as Aaliyah tells her story, her gaze silently demanding he make eye contact with her. When and if he does, she quirks a questioning eyebrow up and cuts her eyes to the other girl. This story felt... odd.

But then she set herself to the room. For their new partner, it was a strange sight for sure to see the tall, well armored woman suddenly drop to her knees and begin sniffing around the room.

"Barkvin is no state for a hunt this late. You should all remain with him and rest. Perhaps I can pick up the trail still." She looks up at the others but especially Aaliyah. "I will not hunt them alone. An hour out, just enough to be sure I have them, then I'll return."

"This Indominus... he is a pure blood? The halfling said as much, a born wolf or the scion of the Howling Knight, a direct one. He is mine. We have things to discuss."

Name
Perception 
6; 17
1d20+3; 1d20+3 [3]; [3,14]

Class: Psion 6 | AC: 14 | HP: 60/60 | Prof: +3 | Init: +3 | PP: 16 | Speed: 30ft

Conditions |0/3 0/36/6d8 HD| image.png.a82f23fe2d47028594124051b651afdc.png 2/2 LR| image.png.708944f243459fdd52c280f6b499426c.png 4/4 SR|image.png.c62acd6d65df4d9d52e101b519ead606.png 1/1 LR| potion.png.8ceade609fcabc6cc6ab30895b9a0a52.png 8/10 |💼 Inventory

"I'm sticking with you then." Shrugged Murdain. "These parts and where they're going, I know it. Ifn Barkvin cant handle walkin, he can stay. I likewise have questiona fer the goliath about my mother. He ought to be first-blood of Iaeaus."

~"We need to talk, but all of this ties together. Concerns Aaliyah, too."~ he sent mentally to Niko.

OOC/Mechanics*

Action:
Bonus Action:
Free Action: 
Move: 
Reaction: Inspiration if permitted. On Discord. +6.
OOC: 

Edited by Diofant (see edit history)

hjallmyrhalfrock.png.f9f5d9e1d1cf70e5d987b36ad740c6e9.pngHjallmyr Halfrock

Class: Wizard 6 | AC: 12 | HP: 42/42 | Prof: +3 | Init: +2 | PP: 11 | Speed: 30ft

Saves: Str: -1 / Dex: +2 / Con: +1 / Int: +9 / Wis: +4 / Cha: +0 | Luck: 2/2 | Death: 0/0

Spell DC: 16 | Spell Attack: +9 | Spells Prepared: 11 | Spell Slots -- Lvl 1: 4/4 Lvl 2: 3/3 Lvl 3: 3/3

“We are setting off right away then? I have spells that may be able to help track the gentleman we are looking for, but I won’t be able to prepare them until tomorrow. I am fully prepared to fight, should we need to however. I will defer to your judgement, since I am still new to the group.”

Screenshot-20221031-063129.png.e20281c2da35b0e6c02db914a986139f.pngName: Kirit  |  Class: Fighter 6 

AC: 16+1HP: 72/72 | Hit dice: 4/4d10 

SR Abilities: SDice: 4/4d8  1/1d6 | Action surge 1/1 | 2nd Wind 1/1

LR Abilities: Luck 2/2 | Adamant 1/1  Attacks  | Saves  | Maneuvers

Kirit sighs but nods. "I can come too. Just in case." He looks at the newcomer with a somewhat skeptical eye. "Prepared to fight how? Magic is it? What's your expertise?" He turns to Murdain. "Should we ask about his parents? Isn't it a party rule that you can't be on good terms with your parents?" Hopefully Murdain has been around the old fighter long enough to know this is a joke.

Murdain sighed, then shook his head. "Up to Barkvin. Lad's 'ad his arm chewed off today, thinkin' e' still in shock. Two days behind em, but I doubt they'll kill a priest. Too valuable an' offendin' Her? Bad plan. I'd rather set out now, but we'll see how 'e feels after 'is chat with 'is ma." The dwarf looked up at the mercenary with a lop-sided smirk that was practically a smile for him. "Eh, s'either bad terms or orphans. I s'pose us lot have some things't discuss anyway this evening. Gonna really need to put our 'eads together fer this. Like fer example... What'd you reckon they wanted a cleric fer, after they headed 'west' of 'ere? I can only think of one reason."

OOC/Mechanics

Action:
Bonus Action:
Free Action: 
Move: 
Reaction:
OOC: 

Screenshot-20221031-063129.png.e20281c2da35b0e6c02db914a986139f.pngName: Kirit  |  Class: Fighter 6 

AC: 16+1HP: 72/72 | Hit dice: 3/4d10 

SR Abilities: SDice: 4/4d8  1/1d6 | Action surge 1/1 | 2nd Wind 1/1

LR Abilities: Luck 2/2 | Adamant 1/1  Attacks  | Saves  | Maneuvers

"Gods I wish I was an orphan." He touches the handle of the rapier.

"Well that's one more reason than I can think of. No use for clerics myself, except for healing. Even then, a potion is better. I'll add my head if you lkke, but I prefer to leave the thinking to other folks when I can. I say prefer, but really have to."