OOC, Q&A, and FAQ

Lwmons

14 hours ago, Smirk said:

I know at first we are not building unique versions of our digimon. So a couple questions on that:

1) Should we just build our Rookie or do you need us to build the Champion too?

2) How do we build the powers for our standard 'mon? Copy what is on the wiki? Just do a single simple damaging power and one simple affliction power? Something else?

For now you only need to build the Rookie. We can wait to stat out the other forms when they get reached for the first time.

As for attacks, it's really up to your discretion. I'd encourage not adapting every attack they have, because some of them like Agumon have like 20 across all their appearances, but otherwise go nuts.

As for skills, I'd say so, yeah. Generally you'll at least need Close Combat and Ranged combat for their combat abilities. But some Digimon might have Intimidate to reflect a scarier appearance, some might have Treatment or Vehicles if that reflects the data they are based on, that kind of thing. Go with what feels right.

Can we adjust our character stats later on if we realize the campaign flow is different than we expected? Perhaps narratively as the part where we begin shaping our digimon partner into a unique individual?

What is your opinion on this twee line?

Sistermon Blanc >> Sistermon Blanc Awakened    
  >> Sistermon Ciel >> Sistermon Ciel Awakened

Would it be more appropriate to be like this, with a Mega, and with no forks?

Sistermon Blanc >> Sistermon Blanc Awakened >> Sistermon Ciel >> Sistermon Ciel Awakened

I also acknowledge that Clockwork has expressed interest on Sistermon. I am down to go along with how they'll stat up the 'stock' version.

6 hours ago, Smirk said:

Can we adjust our character stats later on if we realize the campaign flow is different than we expected? Perhaps narratively as the part where we begin shaping our digimon partner into a unique individual?

I'm not opposed to it, if it seems necessary, but it really depends on the context. I don't want players seapping out flaws or stee guys on a dime to suit the scene every adventure.

2 hours ago, Passione said:

What is your opinion on this twee line?

Sistermon Blanc >> Sistermon Blanc Awakened    
  >> Sistermon Ciel >> Sistermon Ciel Awakened

Would it be more appropriate to be like this, with a Mega, and with no forks?

Sistermon Blanc >> Sistermon Blanc Awakened >> Sistermon Ciel >> Sistermon Ciel Awakened

I also acknowledge that Clockwork has expressed interest on Sistermon. I am down to go along with how they'll stat up the 'stock' version.

It's funny, I was looking at Sistermon just earlier today and wondering how I would want to do them.

The Awakened forms and the base forms are the same level, so you couldn't go from Sistermon Blanc to Sistermon(Blanc) Awakened because they're both Rookie level.

What I'd suggest is using the Holding Back advantage to represent a more powered up form, possibly with different criteria to trigger, or I could add Awakening as a Digimodify card for the Sistermon line, giving a power boost equivalent to a Digivolution

"Your cap is technically 15, but 7 is considered peak human"

Just checking... this is just for attributes? Or is this talking about skills as well? (I... figured attributes at first read, but most of those would cap lower for PL 5, and 15 is our skill cap. Though you could be talking a series cap of 15...)

It's technically for both I believe, but independent of one another. Max 15 in an attribute, along with a separate +15 in a skill, for a max of +30 at PL 5. Of course, that does represent a level of ability that is a bit outside the scope of the setting, which is a consequence of using M&M for Digimon. 7 would technically be the peak human cap in both cases as well, to a max of +14, but I'm willing to be a bit less restrictive on skills than attributes

Going off Hero Lab, it's a total cap. You can't raise skills above PL+10, even with an Attribute bonus. I don't think attributes have a direct cap, but sorta cap by implication since most of them affect something that does have a cap.

Eh, sidenote. I'm just happy I've got a character idea for a digidestined that I like! :)

I'll have to double check when I get off work, but if HeroLab says I'm wrong then it wouldn't be the first time. Been a hot minute since I've played M&M so not to surprising I got something wrong.

Well, the actual rules for it are as follows:

Skill Modifier: Your hero’s total modifier with any skill (ability rank + skill rank + advantage modifiers) cannot exceed the series power level +10. This includes untrained skill modifiers using only ability rank, and so sets an effective limit on all abilities associated with skills.

Currently working on my Digimon's potential lines; what are your thoughts on the current workup?:

Yukimi Botamon -> (Unknown In-Training) -> (Stuck on what to use for Rookie...)
                                           ->  Swanmon ->  Arkhai Angemon -> Cendrillmon (Tried to go for more of a elegant theme; so swan, to angel, to princess. Swanmon also normally evolves into MagnaAngemon according to Wikimon, so it could make sense to have it evolve into another Angemon type.)
                                          -> Loogarmon -> Were Garurumon -> Mirage Gaogamon <-> Mirage Gaogamon: Burst Mode (Mirage Gaogamon looks like a cool knight to me, Loogarmon and the rest keep the blue dog theme going on. I could maybe change the line to have a Royal Knight in order to hammer the idea a bit more?)
                                          -> Dorulumon  -> Stiffilmon -> Rasenmon (This line is the most iffy to me - most of it was made through using the Card Game to get some more options - though the entire line does have a sorta spiral theme, visually? )
The theme for each line is supposed to be a different interpretation of the word 'fable'; fable as in a fairytale (Cendrillmon), fable as in a legend (Arthurian legend; Mirage Gaogamon) or fable as in a rumor (Rasenmon, though I might swap things around as I think.)

@MelodicAstrology

I think any of those lines can work nicely, though I'd suggest Cres Garurumon in place of Mirage Gaogamon, to keep the Garuru>Garuru pipeline.

I'd suggest avoiding trying to create too widely branching of an evolutionary path, though. Ideally you should ultimately come up with one evolutionary line that I might branch in certain circumstances, but that'll be the exception, not the standard. I won't deny you a branching evolution if that's what you want, just keep in mind that, because they all have different statblocks, you'll be spending power points to upgrade them all separately. Three Mega forms means three times the cost.