OOC, Q&A, and FAQ

Lwmons

I know the rules on "Fakemon" are tight, but I have a 'mon to propose. How would you feel about this guy for a Mega level? Gaiomon is currently the Mega I have in mind for the Kotemon line, but I'm not very enthused about him.

DiyamoMagnamon (Alt version/reskin of Magnamon, Diyamo being a special classification for very successful Samurai).

image.png.b588b8ffc10dfc6be6351432403a8aa4.png

Edited by Smirk (see edit history)

So I don't hate it, it being a variant of an existing Digimon is to it's benefit, but I'm sure there's something official that would work just as well. Are you aiming for a samurai aesthetic specifically? If so I'd recommend Tactimon, Kazuchimon, or Zanbamon.

Tactimon is a solid choice. I like him a lot more than the Gaiomon choice. I prefer sleeker designs, so the other too are just way to *busy" in their designs.

The silly thing that steers me away from Tacti is that it has just normal person feet unlike the rest of the line. Plus Magnamon is awesome, but using regular Magnamon would clash horrifically.

Though DiyamoMagnamon could be an interesting back-pocket choice if there's ever a golden digi-egg armor evolution moment.

My preference is obvious, but I'm cool either way.

Edited by Smirk (see edit history)

> Are you aiming for a samurai aesthetic specifically?

Well Kotemon uses a Shinai, Yaksamon uses dual wood swords, Vicegrademon dual wields scimitars, so another weapon shift for the mega would work well. So Tactimon fits that as well. Its just the feet aren't reptile/beast so it feels like a different individual.

31 minutes ago, Smirk said:

> Are you aiming for a samurai aesthetic specifically?

Well Kotemon uses a Shinai, Yaksamon uses dual wood swords, Vicegrademon dual wields scimitars, so another weapon shift for the mega would work well. So Tactimon fits that as well. Its just the feet aren't reptile/beast so it feels like a different individual.

Feel that. Trying to get an ultimate form that feels like it branches from Publimon is a bit of a nightmare.

So really random thought, and this is coming to mind without looking to remind myself how this would even work in M&M (or if it can). Since at least to begin with the digimon are part of a mobile game would it be possible for the humans to have some kind of "buff" powers they could give their digimon either through some logic like being a rich whale who can afford to buy tons of in game currency, having a tricked out device that can run the app better somehow, or just straight up hacking/cheating?

@Smirk Lets put a pin in it for now, we're barely in the application phase, there's plenty of time to think about Megas in the future. There will be plenty of time to think on it and we can revisit the discussion once we get closer to Megas.

@Inquisitor D It's a bit of a fact of the franchise that a majority of the Digimon lines eventually just become either A. Humanoids, B. Robots, or C. Gun.

@Clockwork Writer So there is a built in system for players to support their Digimon, being the Digimodify system I have under the mechanics page. However besides that, all the examples you gave are perfectly fine explanations for a buff power. Hacking/cheating less so, at least in this particular case. Can't say more right now because of plot reasons.

Unique to the players would be the classic power of friendship/morale boosting buffs as well

Okay thinking on it a high presence, good person type character buffing their partner with the power of friendship does sound fairly amusing. I need to start stating out my ideas and see which I like more but that one might work better with an angel line then the smart character idea, just going off my memory of adventures and who tended to get the angels. lol

You know, I didn't think to ask... Would Appmon be valid for this? They don't fall into normal digivolution lines, but for something like this, I could see them getting incorporated as 'proper' Digimon

Ooh also other question just occurred to me while rereading the stuff on Digimodify and then capturing. Do Jorgress digivolution mess with your norm digivolution? Like if I go the angel route but managed to capture a LadyDevimon and then use that for a Mastemon Jorgress does that become the only option for their mega form then or can they still do their non-jorgress megaform and have that one only trigger when they use the LadyDevimon card?

Oh yea, that reminds me...

What is a Jogress evolution? I read the thing but if I scratch my head anymore my scalp is gonna get raw.

I believe here in the dubs it was called DNA rather than Jogress. Basically an evolution involving two or more digimon fused together. Like in the first movie when Metalgarurumon and Wargraymon fuse together, or the various ones in the second season.

It was also known as DigiXros, or DigiFuse in the dubs, in one of the series, although I think there are some slight differences between Xros and Jogress.