The Feasting Orchard (Out of Character)

• 3 weeks later...

I think I will use this place to roll some stats.

Name
Ability Score 1
repeat(drop(4d6,lowest),6) 5,3,5,1,6,1,5,2,3,4,2,2,5,2,4,3,2,4,4,4,3,5,1,3
Ability Scores 2
repeat(drop(4d6,lowest),6) 2,5,4,3,5,4,6,2,5,5,2,1,2,3,1,1,2,6,4,5,5,6,3,2
Ability Scores 3
repeat(drop(4d6,lowest),6) 4,5,6,6,3,6,5,5,4,4,3,2,5,1,1,6,4,1,4,2,1,5,6,1

Just out of curiosity, in this adventure are there chances of veering off the story course or are we committed to story chapter format? I ask because some DMs give players a little liberty to explore the surrounding environment and other DMs are hardliners about staying on the story chapters course. I don't know this adventure at all I just have played other adventures where it is exactly as the book adventure with no veering off course whatsoever.

• 2 weeks later...

Not sure how much the entry fee is, but can adjust as needed. I've also deliberately left it up in the air for who the target of Siegfried's conversation is - anyone who wishes can jump in and fill that role.

Not sure if Haruki would prefer our characters to all be complete strangers or potentially have connections, but I always think a few connections are nice, even if they're tenuous. In that vein the two possibilities that jumped out at me were

(1) Isle (Erikkin's character), since you mentioned she grew up in a non-specific Lord's Alliance city. I'd pegged Siegfried as being from Waterdeep (slightly arbitrarily) and he's a fairly noticeable figure, so whilst I don't see an obvious direct route for his becoming friends with an urchin , perhaps she recognises him given his fashion sense and propensity for spending coin as a bit of an easy mark or soft touch?

(2) Jasmine Hart (drealynn's character), not sure where (or even which plane) she hails from, but perhaps if nearby Waterdeep he would might have met her briefly at a ball, or perhaps just heard of her/her family since her circumstance clearly invites gossip.

Equally happy for any suggestions from anyone else.

@PureChance I imagined her from a large city so Waterdeep will do as or her circumstances all her parents would probably say was she was "adopted" and would inherit the house some day. doesn't stop rumors/gossip though

@Guardian Angel Haruki I made up a patron for Jasmine but was there a fey available that could be connected more to the story? Feel free to pm me if you want to discuss details

Congrat to everyone who made it. Can't wait to join you. There were a lot of great apps so must have been a tough choice.

I am out tomorrow, but will wait and post on Wednesday. This will give everyone else a chance to meet. Fixit is can be seen fixing a board that has come loose on the side of the ticket booth. He will join the party shortly.

Edited by WolfBirch (see edit history)

@drealynn Just ideas, needn't be the case. If the history of her adoption is unknown then fewer rumours perhaps, though equally people may ask why human parents adopted a trifling, where she came from etc. I can't imagine it would stick around for long though in the ever changing court scene, and especially this many years later a possible pact with the devil by some minor nobles is probably largely boring.

Indeed, lots of good apps! Excited to see what the multi armed artificer might do - I like Thri-keen as a race, but always struggled with their alien nature. Hopefully he can whip Siegfried up a crossbow, since he's fresh out of traditional combat options otherwise! Equally this seems a campaign where that's not necessarily a requirement

@PureChance I like the idea of connections with other characters as long as it makes sense to do so. Jasmine has just began to attend balls and the like being only almost eighteen the latest scandal would be the rumor of her being rebellious and wild so much that she was sent away to the countryside. The rumors would also mention a deal with a fey instead of a devil and a wish gone wrong.

@drealynn The rebellious streak sounds a good angle then, maybe more of a line for gossip that reignited the old tales ("well you know where she gets that wild streak from don't you.." type thing).

I'd only suggested deal with the devil because you mentioned her family covered the actual circumstances up, so figured if they'd done a good enough job the natural conspiracy people would jump to for a Tiefling suddenly appearing was infernal origins. It's your character, so I'll follow your lead on the rumours!

Siegfried will spring to some sort of recognition in his next post, when he's not so distracted by the fabulous scene before him and he's more time to pay attention!

Incidentally @darlis moonbeam I think our Thri-keen companion is inside the carnival rather than gathered outside with the rest of us (although given he can see us queueing to get in I suppose we must be able to see him as well)

Question for everyone - how common, if at all present, are Haregon and Thri-keen in the Forgotten Realms? On seeing one would the reaction likely be what on earth are you, oh my god a talking rabbit, you must be one of those foreign folk people are always on about, or something more akin to don't see many Haregon/Thri-keen round here... ?

Edited by PureChance (see edit history)

I cannot recall running into any in any other published campaign, so I'd imagine they're exceedingly rare. Given the Witchlight Carnival's reputation, I'd expect people to not be surprised by them being there, though.

I would say thi-kreen are super rare in this world like most folks have never heard of such a thing (though that is really the DM's call). He comes from another world that the carnival visited. I think one expects to see unusual creatures at the Witchlight carnival. He is just inside, so you can see him.

Edited by WolfBirch (see edit history)

• 2 weeks later...