Out of Character Discussion

Butchern

i'm drawing a blank on how to convince this guy to let us snoop around. Best I got so far is that we need to see the house to truly understand what he left us, we could flat out say we want to open a safe but that's a bit suspicious. thoughts anyone?

crummy draft

The attorney and Rabbi handled everything quite professionally to be sure. Broder left the lot of us - he vaguely gestures to their merry band - some items, which we duly received, but those items are I think have more emotional and sentimental value than anything else, which of course we are grateful for. A will and testament is a last message from the grave, and the

I am being slightly deceitful here, so let's try a Fast-Talk roll just in case it's necessary. Even though those haven't worked out so well for me so far. 😛

ETA: I swear, Malcolm is the worst razzle-dazzler in history! ^_^;

Edited by Sir Lazeabout (see edit history)
Name
Fast-Talk (50%)
1d100 99

I get what you are trying to do, but it is a bit of a stretch. It doesn't look like you said anything all that persuasive, and I am having a hard time imaging what tone of voice or facial expression you might add with a good roll for him to let a stranger come into his house and rummage through his recently deceased father's personal belongings with no real explanation.

4 hours ago, Caystodd said:

Would it be giving away too much info to show David the key and ask him if he knows what it might go to?

maybe, but that's the only non-dishonest way to plausibly get access to the house I can think of. Otherwise we're giving the blatant impression of "hey we want to loot anything valuable we see from your dead dad, k thx!"

FYI, our power is back on and internet is restored. It is still raining, but the back side of the hurricane has passed. The flooded streets are now passable. We have a lot of limbs down and debris in the yard, and we have a row of outlets on the front side of our living room that don't work now. But no other damage that I can see.

18 hours ago, matt_s said:

maybe, but that's the only non-dishonest way to plausibly get access to the house I can think of. Otherwise we're giving the blatant impression of "hey we want to loot anything valuable we see from your dead dad, k thx!"

Posted!

the deposit box seems like the most obvious lead, I can't think of a good way to get David to let us inside to poke around and I don't have a motive or moral flexibility to actually break in. Any other ideas or proposals, I am more than willing to listen.

If you guys want to continue to talk about the case, you can do so in the car on the way home, or you can meet for dinner somewhere.

Also, make a post here to let me know how you plan to spend the evening. Once I know what everyone wants to do, we can decide if we need full scenes or just vignettes to get us to the next day.