Interlude

Zen Gypsy

Two notes: It doesn't look like you applied your MAP to the second athletics roll (both actions have the Attack trait and thus are subject to MAP), and also if we're using strictly legacy rules until at least PC2 comes out, then I'm not sure Reposition is a valid action as it was only introduced in the Remaster. Of course, Zen Gypsy can rule GM fiat on that one.

Yeah, we're not using remaster yet, but the HP houserule means the 1st athletics test was a success, I will let you either Grapple, or Shove the little bugger towards the door. The 2nd attempt, however, would have been a fail without the MAP, regardless.

@Zen Gypsy As combat appears likely to commence, I thought to ask:

how do you want 'doubling' of damage to be handled? (i) Multiply normal damage by two (RAW) or (ii) roll the damage twice?

In case someone hasn't run across this before, consider a long sword (d8) upon which Magic Weapon has been cast => 2d8 damage nominal. And a +3 STR bonus say. On a crit:

(i) 2*(2d8+3) or 2*2d8+6

(ii) 4d8+6

To make things easier, I am going to just double the damage. That way, I can adjudicate without the player going in and re-rolling their crit damage, upon confirmation it is a crit. In the case of deadly or fatal weapon traits, I will likely roll your damage myself during a recap post (which I do after players have acted, enemies act and I post an updated map)

From what I can tell Ionacu can command Bran and take an action in the same round but I'll check in with our dear GM Zen Gypsy first if that's okay please? I think it's an empathic (or later, a speech) thing which is free action type, unlike say ordering an eidolon around which takes time?

(meh on the intimidate roll, would have been a nice way to start ho ho)

Edited by Thramzorean (see edit history)

You must still issue commands, either verbally, or through your empathic link, with takes an Action. However, this gives your Familiar two actions it can do.