IC 1: The Cyber Pits of the Ant-Men

Morphling

Posted (edited)

Searching the room, the tribesfolk quickly realize that their gear has been haphazardly stored here. Bochs, Stryker, Gruza, Myycky, Mouse, and The Ratman all find their equipment.

Bochs also finds a small plastic pure strain human. Turning it over causes it to say 'ma ma.' While such an artifact would hardly bring glory and acclaim, turning it in would technically fulfill the requirements of the rite of passage.

Stryker finds a small, colorful square package that is made out of a material with the consistency of a leaf. Something is inside it.

OOC

If anyone wants to activate the artifact that Stryker has, a d20 roll is required. Anyone with an intelligence of 12 or higher can assist with the roll, adding a +1 bonus (maximum bonus +4). It will take three turns. Using Luck for this check is highly recommended.

Edited by Morphling (see edit history)

Bochs

Bochs can hardly contain himself and lets out a small giggle as he dons his gear and then stashes the human figure .

Moth

Moth continues to look around sheepishly until Striker pulls out the artifact. Moving over he finally feels like he is in his element. "Here. let me help. Maybe look at it like this and turn it..so.".

Talyn

Dead

Stryker

Stryker secures the artifact as he dons his gear and looks again incase he can find Talyn's gear. The Manimal had a bow and arrows and a blowgun, and those ranged attacks would be useful.

Once that search is over, he will examine the artifact turning it this way and that trying to make out what's inside. As Moth comes over to help Stryker will address the others. "Any of you big brains have an idea about this." he asked soliciting their input.

OOC:

Moth will help so +1, Striker will burn 5 Luck so if I'm understanding...so a plus 6 to the roll? Anyone wanna help out with their +1s

Edited by JagrHunter (see edit history)
Name
roll
1d20+6 13
2nd Search roll
1d20 9

The Ratman

My Gear! My Gear! happily chants the ratman as he finds his stuff.

AC11 Spear+1 d6+1 sling+0 d4

Fern

Seeing the success of the ratman, Fern starts searching the junk.

Grog the tracker

"Oh!" goes Grog as the sight of gear being found. He moves to start searching

Slips-a-lot

Frustrated by his lack of success, Slips a lot keeps searching

Name
Fern 8, Grog 7, Slips 9
SyntaxError: Unexpected token ,
1d20,1d20,1d20
Fern 8, Grog 7, Slips 9:
12; 13; 6
1d20;1d20;1d20 [12]; [12,13]; [12,13,6]

Dana

HP 1/1 | AC 11 | Luck 7/7 | S-1 A+1 S-2 P+0 I+0 L-1 | PSH | Gatherer | Cog

Encouraged by the others, Dana keeps hunting around in the rubbish.

Mouse

HP 3/3 | AC 9 | Luck 8/8 | S-3 A-1 S-1 P-1 I-1 L-1 | Mutant | Hunter | Glow

Mouse smiles a quiet smile as he reclaims his sling, spear, bow and other gear. Having his sling is far better than throwing rocks like a chump.

Yaz

HP 2/2 | AC 13 | Luck 11/11 | S+0 A+0 S-1 P-1 I+1 L+0 | PSH | Hunter | Curator

Once Yaz sees the others finding their stuff, she starts hunting eagerly, moving around piles with her shovel.

Bokk

HP 4/4 | AC 10 | Luck 9/10 | S+1 A-1 S+0 P+2 I+2 L+0 | PSH | Gatherer | Cog

Bokk isn't sure what kind of shape his gear will be in, but he really liked that antler hood, so he swallows his pride and starts looking through the refuse.

Name
Dana luck (7)
d20 6
Yaz luck (11)
d20 9
Bokk luck (9)
d20 19

Jaxi

Jaxi enters the room with all the gear and gets a bit excited to search for his gear.

Zyx

Zyx hurriedly pushes his way through the rest of the pack to search the gear only to come up empty handed and a bit embarassed and hurt his stuff is no where to be a found. "What's a hero without his spear??"

Ygg

Making a break across the bridge as the rest leave him behind, the cowardly man finds himself stuff to the bridge in a way he wasn't expecting. Tumbling down to his hands and knees he has trouble unsticking his arms and legs from the structure. "Oh no.. Oh nonono... This can't be happening!" With a mighty pull he is able to get his right hand and leg unstuck but realizes it won't be much help with the otherside of his body still stuck, so he tries to put his leg up under his center of gravity and puuuuush upward. "Please! I can't get stuck here! Salvation awaits!"

Incredibly it works! He gets his left hand unstuck and is able to get some sense of forward locomotion. "C'moooon! Push FORWARD!" Left, then right, then left, then right. Yes! This is the most confident he's felt yet!

Gelbur

Gelbur watches as the others regain their equipment and beings to speculate on where else gear may be stored. He notices a crestfallen Zyx gets his attention. "Nah, dig man. Search for your gear, you'll find it, I'm sure!"

Character sheets.

Edited by Spacesong (see edit history)
Name
Jaxi, Zyx and Gelbur Luck Rolls
2; 6; 9
1d20;1d20;1d20 [2]; [2,6]; [2,6,9]
Ygg STR save
1d20-1 15

Posted (edited)

The ant-men's trash proves to be the tribesfolks' treasure. Stryker manages to find Talyn's gear, then he and Moth begin examining the artifact that they have found. Slips-a-lot's gear is also recovered, as well as Dana and Yaz's. Jaxi, Zyx, and Gelbur find their gear as well, and Jaxi also finds a small metal cylinder with liquid in it. "Please drink refreshing paragon elixir," the cylinder decrees to her. "Try all five original flavors, and their diet variants."

Edited by Morphling (see edit history)

Ygg makes it across the bridge. Here he finds himself alone, at a five way intersection. One path leads directly ahead, another two lead to his left, and the final two lead to his right.

map-4.png.01b6201a27ea57f62104b403be1e42f9.png

Bamzaw

Seeing the success of the others, Bamzaw searches frantically for his artifact.

Ve

Ve decides to give the search one last shot.

Mim the Triad

"Forget it, if anyone finds my stuff it's yours. No way I'm toting around a bunch of smelly garbage." He lingers in the entryway, keeping an eye on the main room.

Name
Bamzaw search (vs 6)
1d20 20
Ve search (vs 7)
1d20 14

Bokk

HP 4/4 | AC 9 | Luck 9/10 | S+1 A-1 S+0 P+2 I+2 L+0 | PSH | Gatherer | Cog

Bokk scrabbles through the junk without luck. He looks around to the other, "Hey, help me find my stuff. Yaz, you know what my gear looks like. Dana, Mouse?"

Yaz

HP 2/2 | AC 13 | Luck 11/11 | S+0 A+0 S-1 P-1 I+1 L+0 | PSH | Hunter | Curator

Yaz is relieved to find her small shiny thing. She wipes down her hide armor, best she can, and puts it on. Her spear is a welcome find; she drops her shovel without a second thought. "Bokk, I guess you're just not the same blowhard without your fancy hat. Sure."

Dana

HP 1/1 | AC 11 | Luck 7/7 | S-1 A+1 S-2 P+0 I+0 L-1 | PSH | Gatherer | Cog

Dana quietly stows her dagger, axe, rope, and sling about her person. "Yeah, we'll find it."

Mouse

HP 3/3 | AC 9 | Luck 8/8 | S-3 A-1 S-1 P-1 I-1 L-1 | Mutant | Hunter | Glow

Mouse nods, though he's secretly pleased to see Bokk squirm. "OK."

Edited by pesukarhu (see edit history)
Name
Bokk looks for his stuff (Lk 9)
d20 13
Yaz looks for Bokk's stuff (Lk 11)
d20 20
Dana looks for Bokk's stuff (Lk 7)
d20 4
Mouse looks for Bokk's stuff (Lk 8)
d20 6

The Ratman

The Ratman waits impatiently for the others to finishing messing around with the junk.

Fern

Fern keeps rooting around for her gear

Grog the tracker

Grog keeps looking for his gear.

Slips-a-lot

Smiling Slips prepares his gear.

AC12 spear+0 d6

Name
Fern 8, Grog 7, 
3; 12
1d20;1d20 [3]; [3,12]

Gruza

HP 3/3 | AC 10 | Luck 17/17 | Art. +0 | A.I. +2 | S-1 A+0 S+0 P+1 I-2 L+2 | Speed 30 | Pure-Strain Human | Occ. Gatherer | The Clan of Cog

"Gruza find stuff! Better now!" Move more trash, more. Find?

Myycky

HP 4/4 | AC 10 | Luck 10/10 | Art. +0 | A.I. +2 | S+0 A+0 S+1 P+0 I+1 L+0 | Speed 30 | Pure-Strain Human | Occ. Hunter | The Clan of Cog

Myycky was elated to find her gear but knew Saris and Errid's stuff must also be here. "Quick, look for your companions things! They won't need them as we really, really do!"

[Character sheets]

Name
Luck vs 17
1d20 8
Luck vs 10
1d20 6

Mouse, Bokk, Saris, and Errid's gear is all recovered.

Stryker and the others puzzle over the artifacts for ten minutes but are interrupted by six ant-men workers entering the room and depositing trash. They turn to leave, but then pause as one, and then turn back to the tribesfolk, brandishing their weapons.

OOC

It's initiative time! You know the drill, roll group initiative and then post all of your characters actions.

Bochs

Bochs finishes donning his gear, just in time as the Drones enter and then turn on the party. He brandishes his spear, more confident in his own gear.

Moth

Moth's joy at contributing to the Strikers artifact research is short lived at the arrival of the drones. He brandishes his dagger as he takes a step behind Striker

Talyn

Dead

Stryker

Stryker growls at the Drones' arrival. He then grins knowing that with weapons it is now a much fairer battle.

Edited by JagrHunter (see edit history)
Name
Init
1d20 7
Stryker Arrow
1d20 5
Bochs spear Att
1d20 15
spear
1d5-1 2

The Ratman

"Boo" yells the Ratman as he prepares for battle, and attacks with his spear

Fern

Fern grabs her farming tool and readies to fight, and attacks

AC13 spear+0 d5-1

Grog the tracker

Grog moves to attack with tool.

Slips-a-lot

Spear out, Slips moves more confidently to attack.

AC12 spear+0 d6

Edited by Rakle (see edit history)
Name
init
1d20+1 1
Ratman atk, dmg
2; 6
1d20+1;1d6+1 [1]; [1,5]
Fern atk, dmg
18; 0
1d20;1d4-1 [18]; [18,1]
Grog 
2; 1
1d20;1d4 [2]; [2,1]
Slips
12; 5
1d20;1d6 [12]; [12,5]
ratman fumble
d8 5

Gruza

HP 3/3 | AC 14 | Luck 17/17 | Art. +0 | A.I. +2 | S-1 A+0 S+0 P+1 I-2 L+2 | Speed 30 | Pure-Strain Human | Occ. Gatherer | The Clan of Cog

Gruza find more thing. Good thing. Put on all things! Beast skin and funny hat!

Hear something! ANTS! "ANTS!" 

Gruza use new old thing! Shooty thing!

Myycky

HP 4/4 | AC 14 | Luck 10/10 | Art. +0 | A.I. +2 | S+0 A+0 S+1 P+0 I+1 L+0 | Speed 30 | Pure-Strain Human | Occ. Hunter | The Clan of Cog

Finding not only Gruza's and her own gear, but also that of her fallen companions, Myycky was feeling good about her odds. Following suit, she put on the armor and snatched up her blowgun tube and darts. Then the drones showed up and quite nearly left. Now they had to die. Myycky loaded one of her darts as she watched Gruza beside pulling an arrow on a bow.

"Hey, look at us, couple of bish out here with ranged weapons! EAT IT ANT!" she shouted rudely.

[Character sheets]

Name
Gruza bow attack
8; 2
1d20;1d6 [8]; [8,2]
Myycky blowgun dart
1d20 10
damage
1d3 2
Initiative
1d20 12