IC 1: The Cyber Pits of the Ant-Men

Morphling

Jaxi

Readjusting her gear and checking her bows string Jaxi finally takes a second to investigate the can she recieved earlier. "I'll hold this in case we need it." She see's Zyx lunge for the drink and she twists away and stashes it into a pouch with one quick movement.

Zyx

Zyx having no mind for anyone's personal space walks over to Jaxi and inspects the item. "Let me see! I wanna see it!" And tries to wrest it away from Jaxi, who proves too agile for him to grab the object away.

Ygg

Gobsmacked that the person in the goop is still alive and well Ygg let's out a gutteral and unnerving chuckle. "You're alive! You're STILL ALIVE!" Emotions well up and he chokes backs some tears. "I'm trying to save us! I'm not here to hurt you, I swear! Look at how destitute and unarmed I am. All I have is a farming hoe to defend myself. I am of a tribe and no memory of how I ended up here!" He looks to the other creatures that may be salvageable. "Come, come. Help me dig out these others."

Ygg begins to dig out another one of the humanoids.

"Do you know a way out of here, fair ape femme?"

Gelbur

Gelbur ignores Zyx's idiocy and starts to look for Ygg's gear.

Character sheets.

Name
Gelbur's Luck roll to find Ygg's gear
1d20 10

Bunnie

HP 4/4 | AC 8 | Luck 10/10 | Art. +0 | A.I. -4 | S-1 A-2 S+0 P-2 I-1 L+0 | Speed 30 | Mutated Gibbon Ape (white fur) | Occ. Hunter | Children of the Glow

Bunnie seemed to buy Ygg's logic, most especially due to his appearance and lack of being an ant. "Me help you get them free! Me Bunnie in the Glow!" the white-furred woman said, raising her arms above her. Following Ygg's lead she would begin to tear at the binds of another trapped person.

[Character sheets]

map-5.png.094531afd18cbf52e65fec0a8bef7ef3.png

Bunnie and Ygg continue to free the unknown tribesmen from their gooey prison. Soon they have two more allies.

OOC

I'm determining who gets new PCs randomly. These next two go to @JagrHunter and @sleepydogboy

The rest of the tribesfolk arrive at the sticky mucus bridge suspended over a river of lava. How will they cross?

Bokk

HP 4/4 | AC 13 | Luck 8/10 | S+1 A-1 S+0 P+2 I+2 L+0 | PSH | Gatherer | Cog

Bokk salvages Yaz's armor and spear from her body. He sets aside his hoe, now that he has the spear, and dons the hide armor. Finally, he takes her small shiny thing. She loved that thing. "OK, let's go."

He heads back towards the bridge.

Dana

HP 1/1 | AC 11 | Luck 7/7 | S-1 A+1 S-2 P+0 I+0 L-1 | PSH | Gatherer | Cog

While Bokk is retrieving Yaz's gear, Dana pokes around in the junk, then follows him.

Mouse

HP 3/3 | AC 9 | Luck 8/8 | S-3 A-1 S-1 P-1 I-1 L-1 | Mutant | Hunter | Glow

Mouse heads back towards the bridge, carefully peeking around the doorway before heading into the next room, just in case there are more ants.

Fern

"Here goes nothing " Fern announces as she tries to walk across the bridge.

AC13 spear+0 d5-1

Grog the tracker

"Stay on your toes. Don't put your full foot down. It will decrease the likelihood of getting ". Captain Obvious explains to his other team members. Of course, he is the one to get stuck.

AC12 Spear d6 sling+1 d4

Slips-a-lot

Rolling his eyes at Grog, Slip follows. Slips will try to help Grog get unstuck...

AC12 spear+0 d6

Edited by Rakle (see edit history)
Name
Fern DC 10 str
1d20 11
Grog DC 10 STr check
1d20 4
Slips  DC10 Str check
1d20 18

Cinders

As Ygg pulls away the layers of goo, the face of a human woman with a shaved head emerges, and she falls forward unsteadily. "Shit..." she says, bracing against Ygg, "...I owe you one." She pulls her shield and remaining gear from the goo. "Really, I mean it. I don't forget a favor." She looks around the room. "Now how the hell do I get out of this ant hill..."

Bamzaw

Bamzaw bows his head and murmurs, "Ancient Ones, deliver me to the other side safely." He takes a confident step onto the bridge, and immediately gets stuck.

Mim the triad

Mim stands in front of the bridge, hovering his foot over the mucus before pulling it back. "Say... whosoever carries me to the other side, you'll earn a seat in my cabinet when I become the king of the mutants." He gives an accomplished look, confident that will be sufficiently convincing.

Ve

Ve doubles back to the trash room, grabbing handfuls of whatever she can find, with the plan to toss the stuff on the bridge as improvised garbage stepping stones.

Edited by sleepydogboy (see edit history)
Name
Bamzaw Strength
1d20+1 5

The tribesfolk head back to the bridge. Fern and Slips-a-lot manages to make it across without getting stuck. Grog isn't so lucky, but Slips-a-lot tries to free him...

OOC

Grog can make another DC 10 strength check to free himself thanks to Slips-a-lot's help. If he succeeds then he must immediately make a DC 5 Reflex save to avoid plunging to his death in the lava below.

Bamzaw gets stuck as well and isn't going anywhere without some help. Ve sprinkles trash on the bridge, which makes crossing slightly easier. Mim decides to make pompous demands instead of actually trying to cross.

OOC

Due to Ve's efforts, all further attempts to cross the bridge are at a +2 bonus. I'll be able to move us forward once a strength check has been made for everyone who intends to cross.

Grog the tracker

Grog tries again to get unstuck... He breaks free in a burst of strength and agility. Then he jogs across the bridge to "safety".

AC12 Spear d6 sling+1 d4

Edited by Rakle (see edit history)
Name
strength check vs dc10
1d20 20
reflex save
1d20+1 16

Bunnie

HP 4/4 | AC 8 | Luck 10/10 | Art. +0 | A.I. -4 | S-1 A-2 S+0 P-2 I-1 L+0 | Speed 30 | Mutated Gibbon Ape (white fur) | Occ. Hunter | Children of the Glow

Bunnie continued trying to free any other trapped people.

Gruza

HP 3/3 | AC 14 | Ammo 11/12 | Luck 17/17 | Art. +0 | A.I. +2 | S-1 A+0 S+0 P+1 I-2 L+2 | Speed 30 | Pure-Strain Human | Occ. Gatherer | The Clan of Cog

Gruza go bridge. Sticky!

Myycky

HP 4/4 | AC 15 | Ammo 11/12 | Luck 10/10 | Art. +0 | A.I. +2 | S+0 A+0 S+1 P+0 I+1 L+0 | Speed 30 | Pure-Strain Human | Occ. Hunter | The Clan of Cog

Myycky followed right after Gruza and tried to make it across using the conveniently placed trash.

[Character sheets]

Name
Gruza str
1d20-1 5
Myycky str
1d20 3

Bochs

Moth moves next across the Bridge, following Moth making it across, with just minor difficulties.

Moth

Moth moves next across the Bridge, imitating Striker after the Hunter crosses, barely making it as his foot almost becomes encased in goo.

Croaker

Sleeping

Stryker

Stryker rallies the rest of his tribe and stands at the entrance to the Bridge. "Move carefully, on the balls of your feet or you will get bogged down. Cross Like this." adds the Hunter as he starts across the bridge moving lightly across and waits for the others to cross.

OCCDo we need to roll to cross?

Edited by JagrHunter (see edit history)
Name
Bochs STR check
1d20+1 11
Moth STR check
1d20 11
Striker
1d20 14

Jaxi

Cross the bridge hoping that the material doesn't ruin her fur too much.

Zyx

A brave warrior fears no foul sticky material, so obviously Zyx ventures forth across the bridge.

Ygg

Ygg overwhelmed the group is finding more survivors. "Oh thank goodness! We're dropping like flies out here. PLEASE help! Does anyone know a way out?!" He continues you look for more survivors trapped in gel.

Gelbur

Gelbur waits for the others to start their journey across the accursed bridge and hangs back to observe.

Character sheets.

OOC that's Jaxi's STR check for that first roll.

Edited by Spacesong (see edit history)
Name
roll
1d20-1 10
Zyx STR
1d20+1 6

Ve

"Don't worry Bamzaw, I'll help!" Ve attempts to jump across the garbage to Bamzaw.

Bamzaw

"Another of the Ancient Ones' tests. No matter."

Mim the Triad

Mim sighs and follows Ve's path across the bridge. "Bunch of ingrates..."

Cinders

Cinders takes a gander at the gooed horseflies, feeling a little better about getting captured now that she's seen something that big meet the same fate. She walks out of the room and sees the party trying to cross the bridge. "Fuckin' A, y'all have a small army here." She attempts to help the first stuck person she sees, which happens to be Myycky.

Name
Ve bridge
1d20+2 15
Mim bridge
1d20+2 13
Cinders bridge
1d20+3 10
Bamzaw unstuck
1d20+3 4

Bokk

HP 4/4 | AC 13 | Luck 8/10 | S+1 A-1 S+0 P+2 I+2 L+0 | PSH | Gatherer | Cog

Bokk makes his way back to the bridge room and tries to make it across.

Mouse

HP 3/3 | AC 9 | Luck 8/8 | S-3 A-1 S-1 P-1 I-1 L-1 | Mutant | Hunter | Glow

After seeing the others get stuck, Mouse tentatively pokes at the bridge. He borrows some of the bee goop from Dana's bucket, rubs it on his hands, and sees if that makes him less sticky. He uses his knife to cut off an arm of one of the fallen ant-men and presses it to the bridge, to see if it will stick. He does not like the idea of trying to muscle his way across.

Dana

HP 1/1 | AC 11 | Luck 7/7 | S-1 A+1 S-2 P+0 I+0 L-1 | PSH | Gatherer | Cog

Dana shares her bee-goop bucket with Mouse and, once she sees him trying to hack off an ant-man arm with a flint dagger, helps out with her stone axe.

Name
Bokk str+2 to cross
d20+3 7