Main OOC Thread (OOC)

Posted (edited)
19 minutes ago, Kistler said:

@iantruesilver is the Trap Finder trait legal? Originally from Mummy's Mask, reprinted in People of the Sands.

I think that's my only mechanics question. Almost done with the character sheet.

On a case by case basis, this one looks fine. Allowed as a non-campaign trait, not as a replacement to the WotR campaign traits.

Edited by iantruesilver (see edit history)

Working on my character some more, have a couple of questions now

1). Would having a stat at 7 count as metagaming? I know for some people it does and figured it would be better to ask first.

2). Would it be alright if I took the Feyspeaker archetype?

3). Would a dinosaur animal companion be alright? Don't know which animal I'll select yet but I know some GMs don't like the dinos being on the table.

4). Would animal companion archetypes be an option that's okay to take?

57 minutes ago, saithor said:

Working on my character some more, have a couple of questions now

1). Would having a stat at 7 count as metagaming? I know for some people it does and figured it would be better to ask first.

2). Would it be alright if I took the Feyspeaker archetype?

3). Would a dinosaur animal companion be alright? Don't know which animal I'll select yet but I know some GMs don't like the dinos being on the table.

4). Would animal companion archetypes be an option that's okay to take?

1) No that's fine, just don't supermunchkin.

2) I don't see why not?

3) In Ianverse (my personal if hopefully minor lore modifications of Golarion), dinosaurs exist in Numeria. Wouldn't be a terrible stretch to have one here in Mendev. Depends how your character and it got there?

4) Do you mean stuff like Pack Lord for example?

6 minutes ago, iantruesilver said:

1) No that's fine, just don't supermunchkin.

2) I don't see why not?

3) In Ianverse (my personal if hopefully minor lore modifications of Golarion), dinosaurs exist in Numeria. Wouldn't be a terrible stretch to have one here in Mendev. Depends how your character and it got there?

4) Do you mean stuff like Pack Lord for example?

3). I'm planning on my character having been born in Kenebares but raised far away and is only venturing back after a long time training as a druid. Going for Riftwarden Orphan so she'll be looking into maybe finding out the fate of her birth parents.

4). No, there's archetypes you can apply to your animal companions that trade out some of the abilities animal companions get with new ones: https://aonprd.com/Archetypes.aspx?Class=Companion

26 minutes ago, iantruesilver said:

3) Sounds fine to me...

4) Unless the mechanic is specifically PFS-illegal, don't see why not.

Gotcha. Sorry, this should be the last question. At level 1 Animal Companions have 2 HD, I'm guessing that will follow the same rules as players, first HD max, 2nd HD rolled?

25 minutes ago, saithor said:

Gotcha. Sorry, this should be the last question. At level 1 Animal Companions have 2 HD, I'm guessing that will follow the same rules as players, first HD max, 2nd HD rolled?

Indeed. (I should really update the house rules thread...) When rolling for health, if you roll below the PFS value (which is average rounded up to nearest integer), then you take the PFS value.

So if I'm reading the rules on Background skills right, a character gets two background skill points to spend on a background skill each, is that it? Because I'm reading the rules and I want to be sure I'm not getting anything wrong.

And they're only for a limited list of skills. Handle animal, linguistics, sleight of hand, non combat related knowledges, craft skills, some other stuff.