Main OOC Thread (OOC)

3 minutes ago, Trigun said:

Question: Is it metagamey to buy a cold iron weapon at character creation for this? If not, how much would it cost to get a cold iron starknife and cold iron dagger?

image.png.ba8f64de66608c4814a2465bbdb76b3a.png

So 4gp for a dagger. I would say most games people throw in a cold iron backup weapon, just in case. Not sure about this AP in particular.

10 minutes ago, iantruesilver said:

@farothel does this. I don't see any issue with it no. Cost is per SRD.

Correct. If I have the money, I get a cold iron and a silver dagger in every game I play, just in case. It's only dagger damage, but at lower levels it's often the only way to get through specific foes' damage reduction.

Just now, farothel said:

Correct. If I have the money, I get a cold iron and a silver dagger in every game I play, just in case. It's only dagger damage, but at lower levels it's often the only way to get through specific foes' damage reduction.

I can see the point. But I just want to be sure I'm not doing something the GM doesn't approve.

5 hours ago, Lwmons said:

So I do have a Golarion concept I've wanted to play for a while, but it requires a small amount of tweaking in order to run, as it isn't wholly rules legal.

Not in a game-breaking illegal way or anything heinous, it's just an alignment thing.

So basically, what I want to do is play a Paladin of Milani. The issue being that Milani is Chaotic Good, and Paladins are exclusively Lawful Good. With your permission, I'd like to either play a LG or NG Paladin of Milani,

Because Milani doesn't have Paladin tenants of her own, I would create some based on those of Iomedae, her 'sister' goddess.

Milani does canonically have at least one paladin in the Golarion lore, Lord Achille Parsall, but his inclusion is something that's actually been debated for a while specifically because of the whole "LG Paladin of a CG Deity" thing.

So I had this inquisitor of Milani concept for this game (small world for an underrepresented deity!), basically: what happens to the devout after the revolution? Someone who was getting bogged down in bureaucracy, middle management, and paper pushing, when their calling is chaotic uprisings and breaking of chains. Hopefully our characters can be friends! Could be fun to come up with some connections between them.

55 minutes ago, Kistler said:

So I had this inquisitor of Milani concept for this game (small world for an underrepresented deity!), basically: what happens to the devout after the revolution? Someone who was getting bogged down in bureaucracy, middle management, and paper pushing, when their calling is chaotic uprisings and breaking of chains. Hopefully our characters can be friends! Could be fun to come up with some connections between them.

Oh fun! I hadn't realized you were going with Milani as well. Though unfortunately, due to the backstory I'm writing up, Nata is unlikely to have any connections to the other PCs before the game starts. Plus, she's only been following Milani for a matter of weeks as of the start of the game, so we're unlikely to be able to find common ground there. Though it could definitely lead to some fun interactions if we both get into the game.

How exciting. This is an AP I have wanted to play since putting in a few hours in the CRPG version. I'll work on an app. Happy to see some familar faces as well.

Off the top of my head I am leaning towards a Paladin, sacred shield archetype. But I am flexible and I'm open to suggestions.

@iantruesilver do you strictly prefer your application and post templates?

I tend to carry a post template that's got my running spell slots, use/day abilities, conditions, inventory, etc. Permanent stuff (level up selections, shopping) I usually track in my character thread, but the MW character sheet I typically update at each new level.

Happy to work with whatever you prefer.

16 minutes ago, Kistler said:

@iantruesilver do you strictly prefer your application and post templates?

I tend to carry a post template that's got my running spell slots, use/day abilities, conditions, inventory, etc. Permanent stuff (level up selections, shopping) I usually track in my character thread, but the MW character sheet I typically update at each new level.

Happy to work with whatever you prefer.

Nah. I provide a template if you wanna use it. I'm not a stickler on what you use. Some find mine rather cumbersome and I can appreciate that.

Ah low strength, the bane of all characters who want to carry many trinkets.

Anyone have any good recommendations on how to mitigate the weight of supplies? Right now my plan is "Drop my backpack when combat starts" so I'm not encumbered.

Posted (edited)
11 minutes ago, Lwmons said:

Ah low strength, the bane of all characters who want to carry many trinkets.

Anyone have any good recommendations on how to mitigate the weight of supplies? Right now my plan is "Drop my backpack when combat starts" so I'm not encumbered.

spacer.png

Or I dunno... You can be one of those guys who dish out 50gp of for a MW Backpack...

Just remember. He will always be judging you like this...

spacer.png

Edited by iantruesilver (see edit history)

1 minute ago, iantruesilver said:

spacer.png

Or I dunno... You can be one of those guys who dish out 50gp of for a MW Backpack...

Just remember. He will always be judging you like this...

spacer.png

See, a Masterwork backpack is nice and all, but that won't help me enough. Nata has 12 strength, and between her weapon, armor, and the basic Paladin Kit, she's got 77lbs of equipment with her, 34 pounds past her Light Load. I can try and cut some corners in a few places, like switching my armor from Studded Leather to regular leather, but that just reduces my survivability.

Nata is definitely going to need to get her hands on a Belt of Giant Strength sooner rather than later.

Not sure how well that would fit the backstory, but probably my best option tbh. At least until I can track down a cheap magic item like a lesser bag of holding

Buying a pack animal has always been my approach when I can't find a way to keep kit weight manageable. Unless it's a Bethesda game... in that case I'll walk half the length of Skyrim at a snail's pace because I'm not giving up those dragon bones, and I need all the rest of the loot to fund my lavish lifestyle.