Main OOC Thread (OOC)

Having woken up two hours earlier than intended, I thought I'd tinker to pass the time. Since my hypothetical build is focused more on maneuvers instead of striking, how practical do folks feel it would be to drop the on-crit bloodline ability at first level for a bloodline familiar? Particularly since Improved Familiar would be late to come online (if it made the cut at all)?

So I do have a Golarion concept I've wanted to play for a while, but it requires a small amount of tweaking in order to run, as it isn't wholly rules legal.

Not in a game-breaking illegal way or anything heinous, it's just an alignment thing.

So basically, what I want to do is play a Paladin of Milani. The issue being that Milani is Chaotic Good, and Paladins are exclusively Lawful Good. With your permission, I'd like to either play a LG or NG Paladin of Milani,

Because Milani doesn't have Paladin tenants of her own, I would create some based on those of Iomedae, her 'sister' goddess.

Milani does canonically have at least one paladin in the Golarion lore, Lord Achille Parsall, but his inclusion is something that's actually been debated for a while specifically because of the whole "LG Paladin of a CG Deity" thing.

25 minutes ago, Lwmons said:

So I do have a Golarion concept I've wanted to play for a while, but it requires a small amount of tweaking in order to run, as it isn't wholly rules legal.

Not in a game-breaking illegal way or anything heinous, it's just an alignment thing.

So basically, what I want to do is play a Paladin of Milani. The issue being that Milani is Chaotic Good, and Paladins are exclusively Lawful Good. With your permission, I'd like to either play a LG or NG Paladin of Milani,

Because Milani doesn't have Paladin tenants of her own, I would create some based on those of Iomedae, her 'sister' goddess.

Milani does canonically have at least one paladin in the Golarion lore, Lord Achille Parsall, but his inclusion is something that's actually been debated for a while specifically because of the whole "LG Paladin of a CG Deity" thing.

This one has been a classically tough one. Rule of cool says yes, while everything paizo-written (save for the one instance of Parsall, which was written by a freelance contractor it seems) says not so much.

I won't immediately rule it out. I may be persuaded to do this, but give me a good reason in story.

I do appreciate the consideration with Paladin of Freedom there, it does work nicely with Milani, though it unfortunately conflicts with a different archetype I wanted to take, Chosen One.

Personally I feel like Chosen One narratively offers a bit more flexibility in the whole alignment issue, due to the fact their gimmick is "You literally just became a Paladin yesterday, you haven't been able to spend years studying your god's tenants", but unfortunately that isn't reflected mechanically.

Regardless, I don't intend to press the issue if you aren't sure you want to bend that rule. I can accept a ruling against the concept. I've got some other ideas I can mull over as possibilities.

I can see how that would work. Again, not saying free rein, it'll obviously be contingent on a good story, but yeah go ahead with the assumption that this would be allowed granted an accepted character.

Daergrim is ready for review. This was one of my very first pathfinder characters that I created for the Carrion Crown AP, some years ago. I ended up playing him for about a month. So I've retooled him per your creation rules and tweaked the background for WOTR.

1 hour ago, Whitehart09 said:

So I can see that Feat taxes are not in use but I am curious about the Background skills optional rule. I ask because the example character, Natali has them.

This is detailed in the Campaign Rules / House Rules thread, Background Skills is a thing introduced in Pathfinder Unchained. Detailed here.

2 hours ago, Mindcrime said:

Daergrim is ready for review. This was one of my very first pathfinder characters that I created for the Carrion Crown AP, some years ago. I ended up playing him for about a month. So I've retooled him per your creation rules and tweaked the background for WOTR.

No problem. Took me a while to locate the background stuff, I'm not used to writing all that in the character sheet. I'll give a good read soon as I get home.

Question: Is it metagamey to buy a cold iron weapon at character creation for this? If not, how much would it cost to get a cold iron starknife and cold iron dagger?

2 minutes ago, Trigun said:

Question: Is it metagamey to buy a cold iron weapon at character creation for this? If not, how much would it cost to get a cold iron starknife and cold iron dagger?

@farothel does this. I don't see any issue with it no. Cost is per SRD.