Out of Crushednaughtybits

paladinred

21 minutes ago, bloodsprite said:

Trahim Silvergrace is a Alchemist Vivisectionist (Sneaks instead of bombs) that currently has the Discovery Feral mutagen that gives two claw & bite attacks.

So looking for ways to make them cold iron; my current tactic is via  VMC Sorcerer to Arcane Bloodline to get Amulet as Bonded Item, and I was building it up to be an Amulet of Mighty Fists, (because then I han eventually add holy and/or bane to my attacks). And if the GM is feeling benevolent I was hoping to make cold iron happen.

I was considering 'Weapon Blanch' as he is an alchemist, but " When poured on a weapon and placed over a hot flame for a full round" sounds painful when it comes to fingers and face.

Yes, but as I stated, the purpose of cold iron is to bypass DR or hit things vulnerable to DR. So you said it wasn't for DR, you haven't explained why you wanted them to be cold iron then. Also since it is cold iron, it's high resistant to magic, hence the extra cost to enchant anything cold iron.

Notable Cold Iron Items

The rare holy avenger blades prized by paladins were forged of cold iron.

The wizard Sememmon possessed masterwork daggers made from cold iron.

Cold iron was known to be forged into thick manacles, used to restrain wizards, containing their magical abilities. Such manacles were also known to be used on fey, preventing them from teleporting.

Edited by Steel Warrior (see edit history)

Found a way to get over the Cold Iron DR without the Amulet!

'Heart of the Metal' spell is something that can be a potion; and I do have 'Alchemical Allocation' so I can take a rinse with the potion and gain its effects.

I would prefer the Amulet, so I'll see what GM says, but if I don't get pregame crafting of bonded items, the money freed up can go to buying on third level potion and have lots left over.

Edited by bloodsprite (see edit history)

15 minutes ago, Steel Warrior said:

In essence, you can't reduce the cost of items via pre-game crafting. You can have said item, if you can afford it at regular cost.

I understand :) But it does lower the benefit of even getting crafting feats; downtime doesn't happen in some games.

No worries I am good, fixing things up

But my good nature just can't turn his eyes from just vengeance...Steel...or Hawk have there. Hmmmmmm better to shut up now, if the twin was the early to mid teen when it happen Rand's sister being taken when he was only 12 and she 13 and while she's not only alive but, Mother Superior of the small abbey wouldn't matter. Look when she was taken, loneliness he felt. Drunk might pass out for a while and Paladin come out to play.

Jeez this was difficult, Invites have been sent out. I am sorry if you did not make it. There were enough great applications for two large parties, if a space comes up I will send a message to one of the other applications to see if you are still interested.

Thank you all for your great concepts.

PR