Out of Crushednaughtybits

paladinred

59 minutes ago, Taggerung559 said:

@Steel Warrior keep in mind that you can only take accomplished sneak attacker once, since it lacks text stating it can be taken multiple times.

And for another question of my own, what's the stance on pre-game crafting of gear, magical or otherwise (assuming required feats are taken and relevant crafting DCs can be met while taking 10)?

I believe in past games, GM did not allow pre-game crafting. You can still combine items by paying 1.5 price of the lesser item.

12 minutes ago, DecoyGirl said:

@Grudge
I keep looking over at your paladin and thinking to myself.... Cleric of Cayden Cailean instead of my normal cleric of Erastil could be really fun...

And really drunk. 😂 Fortunately, it is officially possible to make Cleric of The Drunk God, rules had to be converted for me to be able to make Paladin.

1 hour ago, Grudge said:

And really drunk. 😂 Fortunately, it is officially possible to make Cleric of The Drunk God, rules had to be converted for me to be able to make Paladin.

Any specific reason why?

Oh wait I think I know...
Umm, First up before I start a shitstorm...
I like your character, I think paladin of freedom works really well for it and I don't think (nor am I saying you should) change it.

But there is a actual errata discussion on this.

"You could be a Paladin of any deities, as long as YOU act LG.
That doesn't restrict your deity to be LG.
If your character finds a way to serves the purpose of a deity while being LG and respecting a certain code of honor, you can be a paladin of anything you want."

They actually use the example of being a Paladin of Asmodeus...
Pointing out that you could actually do this because Asmodeus would very likely want/use a Paladin to just beat snot from other demon/devils. And thus never actually require you to do anything that might loss your paladinship.

The Paladin of Freedom does work better for Cayden better however.
Because the whole point of specifically being against holding people in bondage can really get into a Paladins way some times.

Edited by DecoyGirl (see edit history)

6 minutes ago, DecoyGirl said:

Any specific reason why?

Oh wait I think I know...
Umm, First up before I start a shitstorm...
I like your character, I think paladin of freedom works really well for it and I don't think (nor am I saying you should) change it.

But there is a actual errata discussion on this.

"You could be a Paladin of any deities, as long as YOU act LG.
That doesn't restrict your deity to be LG.
If your character finds a way to serves the purpose of a deity while being LG and respecting a certain code of honor, you can be a paladin of anything you want."

They actually use the example of being a Paladin of Asmodeus...
Pointing out that you could actually do this because Asmodeus would very likely want/use a Paladin to just beat snot from other demon/devils. And thus never actually require you to do anything that might loss your paladinship.

The Paladin of Freedom does work better for Cayden better however.
Because the whole point of specifically being against holding people in bondage can really get into a Paladins way some times.

The player didn't want to play a LG paladin is the main reason. Not because the deity wasn't LG. I think the deity came after the decision to take Paladin of Freedom.

46 minutes ago, Steel Warrior said:

The player didn't want to play a LG paladin is the main reason. Not because the deity wasn't LG. I think the deity came after the decision to take Paladin of Freedom.

Ahh okay.
That makes sense.

My fault for assuming it was confusion over the whole Deity option.

2 hours ago, DecoyGirl said:

Ahh okay.
That makes sense.

My fault for assuming it was confusion over the whole Deity option.

As always @Steel Warrior is right, I like PF paladins but the rigidity of LG is somewhat of a constraint. He was the one to propose conversion since at Paladin of Freedom alignment requirement is CG instead of LG. Then I perused the pantheon for proper deity and for an order called Paladins of Freedom CC is ideal. Freedom is literally one of his areas of influence and the Domain of his Clerics, and having a Slave is anathema as a supreme restriction of one's freedom. So the fact he's also kinda meme god just kinda worked out.

21 minutes ago, Grudge said:

As always @Steel Warrior is right, I like PF paladins but the rigidity of LG is somewhat of a constraint. He was the one to propose conversion since at Paladin of Freedom alignment requirement is CG instead of LG. Then I perused the pantheon for proper deity and for an order called Paladins of Freedom CC is ideal. Freedom is literally one of his areas of influence and the Domain of his Clerics, and having a Slave is anathema as a supreme restriction of one's freedom. So the fact he's also kinda meme god just kinda worked out.

You know I get that.
I love Paladins.
But I've never really had a issue with the LG thing.
But I get why people do have a issue.

But ya the Meme is pretty fun also.
I untimely did swing over to making a Gnome Cleric of Cayden Cailean.
Always fun.

Oh and in general I think I'm done.
Only thing left I think is just buying about 100gp of actual non-magical gear.

I've never really had too much of an issue with LG paladins myself, but I can definitely see how restricting it is. That's part of why d&d 3.5 was great: at least a few (official) variants for the four extremes on the alignment chart. 5e just did away with alignment in general. Although I do have this great paladin meme I haven't had the opportunity to use as inspiration yet.

Paladin meme.jpg

Edited by Faeryl_ (see edit history)

I mean, it's not like there aren't other things that have come from such jokes. Like the Succubus Paladin. Sure, that was from a blurb talking about the Helm of Opposite Alignment, but still.