Out of Crushednaughtybits

paladinred

Ok. Few questions. Is Craft (Create Armor) enough for armor repairs or should I name it Craft (Repair Armor) I got some conflicting results when browsing. Rand is more meant to repair his and his party's armor in a bind than actually create a new one so that would be kinda important. Second question. Is there a Feat or a Trait that would allow using Handle Animal instead of Ride (both are already class skills)

I emailed about it, because if you chose a special patron, they also gain a hex at 1st, it doesn't say it replaces the hex gained at 1st, but you also take a penalty for taking a special Patron.

It doesn't make sense that a player would willingly take a penalty, unless they got the hex listed as a bonus hex, even if it doesn't say it's a bonus.

I would argue if you choose a season, then you take a penalty to the DC of all other seasons.

Often, season witches carry bitter grudges against their fellow witches, with many believing that the season prior to their chosen focus is inferior and the season that replaces their favored time is an usurper of time, but at other times season witches work together, understanding that all are a part of the cycle of the natural world.

So it would make sense if you cast spells that are based on the other seasons, they all suffer -1 DC. (Acid, Electricity and Fire)

Edited by Steel Warrior (see edit history)

43 minutes ago, Grudge said:

Ok. Few questions. Is Craft (Create Armor) enough for armor repairs or should I name it Craft (Repair Armor) I got some conflicting results when browsing. Rand is more meant to repair his and his party's armor in a bind than actually create a new one so that would be kinda important. Second question. Is there a Feat or a Trait that would allow using Handle Animal instead of Ride (both are already class skills)

I've yet to see any armor in any pathfinder game that was found to be in need of repair. Making masterwork armor is another thing entirely and I've seen that in games.

Craft Armor would be enough for repairs. If you're going that way, you should purchase a masterwork tool for 50gp. Keep in mind that it's likely someone will have access to one the repair spells.

As for the feat or the trait, I am not aware of one.

Edited by Starhawk (see edit history)

3 minutes ago, Starhawk said:

I've yet to see any armor in any pathfinder game that was found to be in need of repair. Making masterwork armor is another thing entirely and I've seen that in games.

Craft Armor would be enough for repairs. If you're going that way, you should purchase a masterwork tool for 50gp. Keep in mind that it's likely someone will have access to one the repair spells.

As for the feat or the trait, I am not aware of one.

Thanks. Actually buying extra equipment was the reason I asked. Too bad for a horse. I don't have any more skills to invest in Ride.

6 minutes ago, Grudge said:

Thanks. Actually buying extra equipment was the reason I asked. Too bad for a horse. I don't have any more skills to invest in Ride.

I think we're campaigning in a city so I don't see a horse being as necessary as it would be in a wilderness game.

In another game, I owned a wagon and horse, but it often got left behind in random places. I have yet to go pick it up *peers back at game on hold*

It was a gestalt game in a sense, so I had a WHOLE lot of crafting/profession skills maxed out lol.

An anvil says 5lb to 100lb, but to be honest for armorsmithing/wepaonsmithing, you're going to want the big anvil.

1 hour ago, Grudge said:

Yes, crafting can be used to repair non-magical items. https://www.d20pfsrd.com/skills/craft/#TOC-Repair-Item Repair costs are 1/5 of the item's cost. Crafting non-items are normally 1/3 the item's cost. Roughly, repairing takes 60% of the time and cost of making a new item. Depending upon what is being fixed, it isn't a quick fix. Mend or make whole spells are much quicker

Riding checks really only come up in combat or if you are doing funky stuff. If you are just riding from point A to B, you can do it with a crappy ride skill

Edited by Rakle (see edit history)

7 minutes ago, Rakle said:

Yes, crafting can be used to repair non-magical items. https://www.d20pfsrd.com/skills/craft/#TOC-Repair-Item Repair costs are 1/5 of the item's cost. Crafting non-items are normally 1/3 the item's cost. Roughly repairing takes 60% of the time and cost of making a new item. Depending upon what is being fixed, it isn't quick.

Riding checks really only come up in combat or if you are doing funky stuff. If you are just riding from point A to B, you can do it with a crappy ride skill

Mending repeatedly until fixed. Saves you money!

Also I read that magic items can be repaired by the above spell, so that's good. You just have to have the caster level required to make the item normally.

My rogue is using Eldritch Scrapper and I took the Two-World Magic trait to add create water to my 0 level spell list. Never have to be thirsty again.

In essence, I gained spellcasting and wand use with my two archetypes in trade for 2 feats and my current rogue talents. (two feats because I get slower sneak attack progression, bought off with 2 feats, Accomplished Sneak Attacker).

I can pretty much carry around 1 wand and use it, no matter what class it is. Any other wand is a UMD, but I use my dex bonus instead of charisma mod for wands.

"It's all in how you wave it!"

@Steel Warrior @Starhawk @Rakle Since all three are roughly about the same thing I thought this way would save time :orcgrin: Fixing stuff is more about flavor than function, and I can't remember when I actually repaired armor either, also taking master crafting tool and pinging away on someone armor while we don't do anything depending on the length of the campaign could save some gold early on and give my character something to do while we RP. So cash I'd spend on that I see more as a character flavor tax, maybe he fixes ordinary armor of some NPC or Mastercraft it for a favor, such thing. I already bought the most important things now while writing fluff I'm mainly looking for small stuff (same as I have daylight spell, and there will no doubt be a bunch of Light cantrips but still I have 10 torches) More about who my guy is than actual function.

As for Riding, I'm not particularly worried about actual skill, to be frank since I started squirreling stuff weight and amount started piling up, I more thought about someone else to drag it all and the horse is more dignified for a Paladin than a donkey. Although Steel did give me another answer, buying a saddlebags and a donkey or mule should suffice. Then the Animal Handling would be enough.

Edited by Grudge (see edit history)

5 hours ago, Steel Warrior said:

Often, season witches carry bitter grudges against their fellow witches, with many believing that the season prior to their chosen focus is inferior and the season that replaces their favored time is an usurper of time, but at other times season witches work together, understanding that all are a part of the cycle of the natural world.

So it would make sense if you cast spells that are based on the other seasons, they all suffer -1 DC. (Acid, Electricity and Fire)

Well, having also picked up the Winter Witch archetype, I can't even cast Fire spells anyway. Between that and just not preparing spells that get a penalty, it's barely one at all.

Looks like you lot have been busy, lol.

The hex question - You can have it, I got beaten to death and then revived and beaten to death again because I am ttupid swat (a spoonerism, lol).

Do not bother taking any animal, you will not find food and water anywhere in this accursed land. Animals will get skittish when near undead and demons will just outright eat them, rain refuses to fall and water will not flow into this land. You will get frost however and sandstorms (well it is dried earth storms but that sounded silly), there will be abandoned farms, villages and towns so masses of anvil's to play with. Most (but not all) of the creatures that you meet will want to either kill or eat you (some will try to do both, just saying), there will be so much loot lying around you will simply not be able to take it all.

@Steel Warrior keep in mind that you can only take accomplished sneak attacker once, since it lacks text stating it can be taken multiple times.

And for another question of my own, what's the stance on pre-game crafting of gear, magical or otherwise (assuming required feats are taken and relevant crafting DCs can be met while taking 10)?

57 minutes ago, Taggerung559 said:

@Steel Warrior keep in mind that you can only take accomplished sneak attacker once, since it lacks text stating it can be taken multiple times.

And for another question of my own, what's the stance on pre-game crafting of gear, magical or otherwise (assuming required feats are taken and relevant crafting DCs can be met while taking 10)?

Oddly enough the Kingmaker game allows you to stack it. As long as it doesn't increase it more than 1/2 your level rounded up. Ah well. I guess I can use it towards another feat.