Out of Crushednaughtybits

paladinred

3 minutes ago, Rakle said:

Yes. The list of abilities are axiomatic, brilliant energy, defending, disruption, flaming, flaming burst, holy, keen, merciful, and speed.

👍

4 hours ago, Rakle said:

Yes. The list of abilities are axiomatic, brilliant energy, defending, disruption, flaming, flaming burst, holy, keen, merciful, and speed.

@Grudge You still have to meet the enhancement/enchantment requirement on specific weapon enchants.
Like Axiomatic is +2, Brilliant Energy +4, Disruption +2, Flaming Burst +2, Holy +2, Speed +3
So the weapon can have +2 at 8th, +3 at 11th, +4 at 14th, +5 at 17th, +6 total at 20th (but can't exceed +5 enhancement).

Edited by Steel Warrior (see edit history)

3 minutes ago, Steel Warrior said:

@Grudge You still have to meet the enhancement/enchantment requirement on specific weapon enchants.
Like Axiomatic is +2, Brilliant Energy +4, Disruption +2, Flaming Burst +2, Holy +2, Speed +3

I'm aware. I just wanted clarification since they don't always specify a +1 enhancement bonus, sometimes it is written as just a +1 enhancement which usually means just added +1 to attack and damage. That bonus wording made me think. I actually just finished mechanics both on the sheet and app, so if you have time I would appreciate if you gave it a glance just to make sure all is in order. And post there if you see some mistakes or questions about the build.

Anyway, back to the enhancement, I bought +1 Greatsword and then took Keen which cost 1 power, that is the way I understood it. If I made a mistake I'm happy to correct it, that's why I asked after all. On the matter of Keen, normal Greatsword crit is 19-20/x2, I placed with Keen that is 17-20/x2 is my math correct?

Just now, Grudge said:

I'm aware. I just wanted clarification since they don't always specify a +1 enhancement bonus, sometimes it is written as just a +1 enhancement which usually means just added +1 to attack and damage. That bonus wording made me think. I actually just finished mechanics both on the sheet and app, so if you have time I would appreciate if you gave it a glance just to make sure all is in order. And post there if you see some mistakes or questions about the build.

Anyway, back to the enhancement, I bought +1 Greatsword and then took Keen which cost 1 power, that is the way I understood it. If I made a mistake I'm happy to correct it, that's why I asked after all. On the matter of Keen, normal Greatsword crit is 19-20/x2, I placed with Keen that is 17-20/x2 is my math correct?

Yeah, that looks ideal. One power? You mean +1 bonus on the bond?

3 minutes ago, Steel Warrior said:

Yeah, that looks ideal. One power? You mean +1 bonus on the bond?

Yeah, sorry I'm just more seriously started dabbling in Psionics characters so Power Points are on my mind quite a lot. I misspoke.

Edited by Grudge (see edit history)

Question, if I use a slayer talent to take a Rogue talent, can I select one of the Unchained Rogue's talents?

Edit: Also how many traits will be allowed and will the optional drawback for a trait rule be implemented?

Edited by saithor (see edit history)

2 hours ago, saithor said:

Question, if I use a slayer talent to take a Rogue talent, can I select one of the Unchained Rogue's talents?

Edit: Also how many traits will be allowed and will the optional drawback for a trait rule be implemented?

They were answered. 2 traits, 3 if you take a drawback.
I see no reason not to be able to take a UC rogue talent, as long as it's not 3rd party. If so just ask first.

Something that somehow just occurred to me. The Season Witch archetype suggests that it alters the 1st level Hex and such, stating that you gain (in Winter's case) either Healing Hex or Ward as a bonus hex. Does this mean I get two hexes at level 1, or is it supposed to replace the 1st level hex with one of those two?

25 minutes ago, Faeryl_ said:

Something that somehow just occurred to me. The Season Witch archetype suggests that it alters the 1st level Hex and such, stating that you gain (in Winter's case) either Healing Hex or Ward as a bonus hex. Does this mean I get two hexes at level 1, or is it supposed to replace the 1st level hex with one of those two?

It was supposed to be replace, but it was worded as bonus. RAI: Replace. RAW: It is a bonus.

By the time Ultimate Wilderness came out, they had already shifted gears to working the playtest rules for e2. They stopped supporting the book after a couple of months. The season witch bonus hex and similar errors were flagged for the errata that was never issued. So it becomes a GM call.

40 minutes ago, Faeryl_ said:

A winter witch has dominion over hearth and home. The save DCs of her spells that deal cold damage increase by 1. At 1st level, she gains either the healing hex or ward hex as a bonus hex.

On top of the +1 DC for cold based spells, you can choose one or the other. So it's not both. But by wording, yes you get 1 base hex of your choice and then either one of those hexes. Nothing is stopping you from using the base and bonus to take both though.
This alters patron and the hex gained at 1st level.

Edited by Steel Warrior (see edit history)

I would say that you do not gain both, if you were playing a human and took the extra hex feat as your bonus feat then you would have 3 hexes at 1st level which seems a little OP to me.

Okay, so I get only the Season Witch hex, whichever of Healing or Ward I opt to gain. Good thing that's how I interpreted it already, so it all works out!