Player OOC Chat

Orpheus

Hey folks, apologies on my end, I followed a busy work week with a visit from family that was more distracting than anticipated. Catching up now.

EDIT: Aaaand there's my Nat 20 for the game, look forward to terrible attack rolls when we're in actual danger! 

Edited by Little_Rudo (see edit history)

9 hours ago, Little_Rudo said:

Hey folks, apologies on my end, I followed a busy work week with a visit from family that was more distracting than anticipated. Catching up now.

EDIT: Aaaand there's my Nat 20 for the game, look forward to terrible attack rolls when we're in actual danger! 

Great roll! I said this last page, but just hold off on rolling for persuasion or intimidation until it's called for (or ask beforehand). Just because this module has to have certain NPCs say certain things in order to give setup for the story. 

13 minutes ago, Orpheus said:

Great roll! I said this last page, but just hold off on rolling for persuasion or intimidation until it's called for (or ask beforehand). Just because this module has to have certain NPCs say certain things in order to give setup for the story. 

Oh, I'm so sorry! I'm not used to Baldr yet, and not sure how to go to the first unread post in a page, so I just clicked on the last page. Please feel free to disregard the roll.

You'll get to cast your spells soon. 😉

@Orpheus As a rule of thumb, outside of established combat, should we wait for you to prompt for skill checks before we make them? I'm fine with that, I just want to make sure I'm being consistent and following expectations. I'm liking this social encounter!

2 hours ago, Little_Rudo said:

You'll get to cast your spells soon. 😉

@Orpheus As a rule of thumb, outside of established combat, should we wait for you to prompt for skill checks before we make them? I'm fine with that, I just want to make sure I'm being consistent and following expectations. I'm liking this social encounter!

Realistically wait for my prompt because I feel bad when something is either statistically impossible, or just not the applicable skill and the player has gotten excited over the roll. Feels bad on both sides. 

So been thinking, best to just NPC Talya as being silent and introspective and have her get called away after the funeral.

The player who applied with the warpriest is still applying for games, so I think they'd still be interested.  Also, while their character seemed to have a relatively loose connection to the professor, they had interest in what looks like a potential plot point for the game, so it makes sense that they'd be introduced later.