New OOC Tavern

Grendel

Any thoughts of bringing some more players? I mean we started as what 4 or 5 and now only have 2. I mean I could keep going with just two, but it actually makes more work for the DM to adjust the encounters down so they don't all kill us. 😉

Hello friends! I’m going to be writing an application. Just wanted to poke my head in and say hi. I’m considering a Swashbuckler at this time but if you guys have suggestions I’d be happy to hear them. I also was looking at a Barb or a Fighter

I've been gone for a long time and now I see we've got a whole new site and whatnot. Hopefully I can get myself up to speed on the coding stuff quickly. Cooking up a character right now, just wanted to check who/what is already in the party as I didn't see a Roster thread (although maybe I just didn't find it yet)

EDIT: found the thread, but it looks like only 2 party members are still active?

Edited by The Foiler
I am a dummy (see edit history)

Welcome. We have a ranger /fighter and a bard so far. So if we are trying to cover all the basis then a cleric type and a trapfinder would round us out. But at the same time, don't feel forced to play something you don't want to.

I don't have a map done up, I'm not a very good artist and haven't figured out any of the mapping software out there sufficiently to warrant buying them.  I'll add a thread to the History group with general geography.

44 minutes ago, The Foiler said:

I've been gone for a long time and now I see we've got a whole new site and whatnot. Hopefully I can get myself up to speed on the coding stuff quickly. Cooking up a character right now, just wanted to check who/what is already in the party as I didn't see a Roster thread (although maybe I just didn't find it yet)

EDIT: found the thread, but it looks like only 2 party members are still active?

I’m thinking a rogue Swash so I can cover most of the trap finding/skill monkeying. A full caster could be a good compliment!

I was thinking of a War Domain Cleric, I like a little extra toughness in a small party. Is there a region or denomination that would best fit (or not fit at all) with that lore-wise? Building a human, figured being a Sidonian feels the most natural if he's a holy warrior of sorts, employed by the church to protect the common people and put himself in danger in their stead, should the need arise. If the church has a hierarchy or system or ranks I would want to know what his would be. Acolyte, Comrade-at-Arms? Not important but I am curious.