IC: Vengeance of the Vanderborens

Fiery Gift

Seraphina Stormborn

spacer.pngSeraphina Stormborn — Half-Orc Skald 1 (Fated Champion)
AC/T/FF 16/11/15 | HP 10/10 | Init +1 | Speed 20ft | Fort/Ref/Will 5/4/2 | Darkvision
Raging Song 12/12 | Hero Points 01/01
Active Conditions:
Group buffs: raging song (allies who accept gain +2 morale bonus to Strength and Constitution and a +1 morale bonus on Will saving throws, but also take a –1 penalty to AC. While under the effects of inspired rage, allies other than the skald cannot use any Charisma-, Dexterity-, or Intelligence-based skills (except Acrobatics, Fly, Intimidate, and Ride) or any ability that requires patience or concentration.

Spells

1st: (1/2 remaining) Heightened Awareness (10 minutes), Saving Finale
Cantrips: (unl) detect magic, ghost sound, prestidigitation, read magic

Shefton

Seraphina stood back and blinked a few times herself as she let Tann take over to spin her elaborate story, complete with impressions of Brissa and some offer to cut him in for twenty five percent of some mystery value she was pretty sure Shefton had to know was zero. But regardless, she did what she could to support Tann, nodding along only adding as they parted to let Sheftoe get his skiff, "See you at the docks."

Mechanics

Temporary conditions:

• Heightened awareness (10 minutes remaining) +2 to perception and knowledge-based skills, can dismiss for +4 to initiative

AoO:
Standard:
Move:

Free:

Trained Skills

Acrobatics* +6
Climb* +9
Knowledge (local) +8
Knowledge (nobility) +6
Other knowledges (untrained) +2
Perception +2
Perform (Sing) +8
Swim* +8

* -4 ACP to str and dex skills  

1192150860_IridniHeadshot.png.22b5e0ac7f7b6f5846f50345f56e69bc.png

Current Mental Focus Investiture

3(1) Points Invested in Her Monocle (Divination), granting a +1 Insight bonus to Perception Checks
2 Points Invested in her Bracers (Abjuration), granting a +1 Resistance Bonus to all her saving throws.

Is it so hard to just pay the man his five gold, Tann? Sure, she liked not spending money she could avoid spending, but risking it on him buying a 25% cut of nothing was a bit silly. I suspect even this man can do the math. 25% of nothing is... well, let me do the math. Nothing. And Nothing. And carrying the Nothing...

spacer.pngTann Hauser (AC 17)

Character Short Form

Female  Neutral  Elf Wizard,

Level 1, Init 5, HP 8/8, Speed 30 

AC 13 (17 Mage Armor) Touch 13, Flat-footed 10 (14), CMD 12, 

Fort 1, Ref 3, Will 3, CMB -1, Base Attack Bonus  0,  

Dagger -1 (1d4-1, 19-20/x2)
Light Crossbow (10 Reusable) +3 (1d8, 19-20/x2)

Str 8, Dex 16, Con 12, Int 18, Wis 12, Cha 10

Cantrips Dancing Lights, Detect Magic, Ray of Frost 1d3+1

1st level Spells Burning Hands 1 (3d4+1), Colour Spray, Crafter's Blessing, Ears of the City 1 (used), Expeditious Retreat, Fabricate Bullets, Grease 0, Mage Armor 1

Skills

+10  Knowledge Local, Knowledge Arcana

+8  Alchemy, Spellcraft

+6 Heal, Perception (+9 in low light), all other knowledge skills and professions

Condition

Darkvision 60' but dazzled in bright light.

Entomophobe Drawback (penalties with vermin and swarms)

Tann, blinking at the interruption from the hapless story tellers once more, and now very sensitive to the scowl on Iridni's face every time she spoke, glanced her way as if to say.. "What now?" It was out of character for what she was attempting, but a trigger was a trigger. Sighing at a company that if it were one person would clearly be an irredeemable schizophrenic, given that it had offered him a choice and then without waiting for him to reply had made the choice for him, she decides it was all too much trouble and merely shrugs at this as if it say 'I give up'.

You're the boss. Just like I'm the boss. . . ha ha . . . good one, You can pay me the 5 gold when we get in my skiff. I don't need the 25%.. Shefton laughs off Tann's implied stick and carrot. Your impression of Brissa is pretty good though. You must know her game pretty well. Well enough to know she pickpockets just about anyone she can. Just because she's shagging someone doesn't mean she won't steal from them.

I'll take you to Vanthus, like I said, I'll need about half an hour to get my boat out of the mooring and down to the docks. Sounds like you know enough magic to know why I can't talk about where he is in Sasserine. The more you talk about secrets the more people can hear them, right?

Shefton concludes.

Seraphina Stormborn

AC/T/FF 16/11/15 | HP 10/10 | Init +1 | Speed 20ft | Fort/Ref/Will 5/4/2 | Darkvision
Active Conditions:
Group buffs: raging song (allies who accept gain +2 morale bonus to Strength and Constitution and a +1 morale bonus on Will saving throws, but also take a –1 penalty to AC. While under the effects of inspired rage, allies other than the skald cannot use any Charisma-, Dexterity-, or Intelligence-based skills (except Acrobatics, Fly, Intimidate, and Ride) or any ability that requires patience or concentration.

Spells

Shefton

"That's what they say," she agreed about secrets as she moved away, intending to meet at the docks as planned.

Mechanics

Temporary conditions:

• Heightened awareness (10 minutes remaining) +2 to perception and knowledge-based skills, can dismiss for +4 to initiative

AoO:
Standard:
Move:

Free:

Trained Skills

Acrobatics* +6
Climb* +9
Knowledge (local) +8
Knowledge (nobility) +6
Perception +2
Perform (Sing) +8
Swim* +8

Character Short Form

1st level Spells Burning Hands 1 (3d4+1), Colour Spray, Crafter's Blessing, Ears of the City 1 (used), Expeditious Retreat, Fabricate Bullets, Grease 0, Mage Armor 1

Skills

+8  Alchemy, Spellcraft

+6 Heal, Perception (+9 in low light), all other knowledge skills and professions

Condition

Tann shrugs, resigned to let events play out as they would.

1096643343_smirkingelfmale.jpg.ad16006421cd4fb56a53841a481904f7.jpgCalyx, Elven Warpriest (notes)

AC: 17 | HP: 9/9 | Hero: 1
Fort: +3 | Ref: +4 | Will: +6
Resources | Spells | Skills

"We'll see you there!" Calyx calls after the retreating informant.

"What a fortuitous turn of events!"

Calyx's mood is genuinely bright and optimistic, clearly happy to be making some progress towards their collective goal.

"This is either a lead ..." he explains unnecessarily, "in which case, we're closer to getting paid!"

"Or it's a trap," he continues, "in which case we can maybe beat some information out of some thugs. Frankly, I'm down for either possibility."

He turns to the half-orcs. "You guys ready to knock some heads together?"

Edited by CharmingSatyr (see edit history)

Seraphina Stormborn

Active Conditions:

Spells

Shefton

Seraphina just smiled a disturbing toothy smile at Calyx' enthusiasm. It was infectious, that was for certain.

"Always," was all she added.

Mechanics

Temporary conditions:

AoO:
Standard:
Move:

Free:

Trained Skills

Acrobatics* +6
Climb* +9
Knowledge (local) +8
Knowledge (nobility) +6
Perception +2
Perform (Sing) +8
Swim* +8

1192150860_IridniHeadshot.png.22b5e0ac7f7b6f5846f50345f56e69bc.png

Current Mental Focus Investiture

3(1) Points Invested in Her Monocle (Divination), granting a +1 Insight bonus to Perception Checks
2 Points Invested in her Bracers (Abjuration), granting a +1 Resistance Bonus to all her saving throws.

"I'm ready to solve the mystery of what Vanthus is up to. And how much of a mess we're going to have to pull him out of." Iridni was less thrilled about the prospect of another fight, but once they got closer to Vanthus, in theory her magic would allow her to be more useful again. "So to the boats to meet Shefton it is. It may be a good idea to go in expecting an ambush, just to be safe."

The party regroups and meets Shefton at the docks of the Merchant district. True to his word, the black haired half-elf is there on the dock, his boat securely tied up. It is a small vessel, Shefton should be able to manage the sails and tiller well enough himself. He helps any of you who would like the help into his skiff, then follows down the gangplank. A dockhand comes to pull the gangplank away. Welcome aboard, I'll be able to get you there in a few hours. Before we shove off, have you got the fee? Shefton asks the party.

Character Short Form

Skills

+8  Alchemy, Spellcraft

Condition

Tann, hiding her trepidation, she'd used up a third of her spells, on the divination spell, gets aboard the vessel. She doesn't want to deal with Shefton, figuring a kind of taciturn silence will serve the company better. She'd passed a gold to Urthan, figuring the biggest and scariest among them would be the moneybags.

@Naimless

Edited by Starhawk (see edit history)

We're moving on to the next phase of the adventure.

Please make your next IC posts in the Parrot Island thread. Also, there will be a brief overnight camping interlude on the beach where nothing will happen, but it is time to level you up for the next section, so I'm jamming that in there.