Sheet Folders in Testing ×

Durlag’s Tower - OOC

Poor_Knight

Ok let me help here @cheezal

1. Initiative order matters
  2. my totem only helps with STRENGTH saves
  3. Indomitable can be used 1/ long rests
  4. Shield raises your AC by 5 until the start of your next turn. So your new AC is high enough to block the attack it's ignored, regardless of the number of attacks that try to hit you. (it doesn't matter how much damage is done) if it doesn't beat your ac it doesn't get through

In response then...

1. Since Lajal was last in Initiative,that will only come into play next round and not this one.

2. The Lightning Bolt was a Dex save...Your totem wont apply then to my save.

3. Yes Indomitable can be used 1 before a Long rest, but i have 2... Don't think i can use them both directed at the same save.

4. If this is the case , it only raises my 20 AC up to a 25 AC, which only blocks the 13 damage attack...

So i would take 18,20,18 and 27 Damage...

So Basically 83 Damage..

So my 186 hit points drop to 103 hit points.

and in the same round my hp raise by 16 hit points from my Second Wind. and a further 15 Temp Hit points.

So my hit points raise back up to 134 Hit Points.

Edited by cheezal (see edit history)

Thanks for chiming in @8w_gremlin

Sounds like you got it @cheezal - Shield would save you from one the attacks. However, Bloodaxe has a shield equipped and I believe his battleaxe in hand. Spells that have Somatic components (which Shield does) or Material components require a free hand. I don't think Eldritch Knight has a work around for this. Or you need the Warcaster feat. This is something we neglect but should not.

Further point on Initiative. Since we us Block initiative you all have some flexibility. Generally when it's the PCs turn I take the actions in the order they are posted. But I have no problem with anyone stating they take their action after someone else, or maybe even before someone else who already posted (I don't prefer this one if it disrupts/changes the action of someone who already posted unless it is discussed with them or clearly something that would have been likely).

Oh - I just saw Bloodaxes post and he is using his battleaxe with two hands. If so, then his shield would not be equipped and his AC is 18. He could then cast the Shield spell making his AC 23.

Equipping and unequipping a shield requires an Action.

Ok Looks like Bloodaxe will just have to take all the hits.. and the lightning bolt. i will have to alter my move to negate the use of the shield since i couldn't cast it.

So I took a total of 96 hit points of damage, and have restored 16 hit points myself and have another 15 hit points temporarily granted...

So i am at 106 hit points normally... and 121 with the granted hit points.

• 2 weeks later...

Fair enough. I'll just make it a dodge action instead, keep things simple and basically the same. And, yea, the Fey would attack the other demon thing, Glabby it looks like next to Bloodaxe on the map.

OK, back to PCs. Let me know if any adjustments are required. I forgot to factor in Bloodaxe's Poison Resistance. Can figure out total damage after results of the attacks and saves are confirmed.