Chapter 2 — The Long and Winding Road

iantruesilver

T'Sarra Khonnor 

EmSbKrE.jpg?1HP 4/11  | AC 18(+1 vs robots)Fort (2) - Reflex (3) - Will (2) 

T'Sarra was not liking the sight of the barmaid being harassed much at all. But before she had a chance to explain manners and proper respect for wait staff, the crowd seemed to dissipate some on Val's appearance. Good.

"I guess we wait for this elf," she said as much to herself as to anyone else. She was nervous looking around.

"Boar wrestling isn't nearly as much fun as you think. They beasts are even fouler smelling than the worst of this lot, and the tusks a fair bit sharper."

spacer.pngVal nods, turning back to the innkeeper.  "So, how many nights did we originally contract for and how much time is remaining on our current payment, I'd like to negotiate two more rooms."

Edited by Wiz (see edit history)

Rain-in-Summer

B8278D38-D56D-4D10-84D2-D1157F76821D.png.118b158dda0b886a8d97c1aa24ef7467.png"The elf was probably Zyrel," Rain muses. "One of Khonnir's employees. Khonnir being the father of Val and Domino, and my employer," Rain adds for Violet's benefit.

"We can also share rooms between us," Rain says to Val as she mentions booking extra rooms. "You and Domino are sisters, and I do not sleep on beds. Jerry and I prefer the floor. No need to waste money."

image.jpeg.3f95306a23dfeb7a6f315970d6687d0e.jpeg

Statblock

Vrilundass 'Vri' Arund

Female NG Half-elf Swashbuckler, Level 1, Init 3, HP 4/11, Speed 30ft
AC 16, Touch 13, Flat-footed 13, CMD 15, Fort 0, Ref 5, Will 1, CMB +2, Base Attack Bonus 1   
silversheen, MC rapier +5 (1d6+1, 18-20/x2)
cold iron dagger +4 (1d4+1, 19-20/x2)
shortbow (20)+4 (1d6, x3)
Studded Leather (+3 Armor, +3 Dex)
Abilities Str 12, Dex 17, Con 10, Int 12, Wis 12, Cha 15
Condition None

Hero points: 1/1

"The horses are stabled," Vri said as she joined the rest of the group, "now we just need to find someone to sell all that extra equipment to.  And, we sorted out?"

OOC

I think this will take some time while Val (and maybe some others) talk inside.

Barhuce

spacer.png

Barhuce also helps unload and bring in anything the don't want the murderhobos across the street 'liberating'. 'Bloody light-fingered pathfinder nosey busy-bodies'

Statblock

Barhuce
M NG Human (Kellid) Alchemist (CryptBreaker), [B]Level[/B] 1, [B]Init6[/B] 4, [B]HP[/B] 7/9, [B]Speed[/B] 30
[B]AC[/B] 15, [B]Touch[/B] 12, [B]Flat-footed[/B] 13, [B]CMD[/b] 13, [B]Fort[/B] 3, [B]Ref[/B] 4, [B]Will[/B] 0, [B]CMB[/B] +1, [B]Base Attack7 Bonus[/B] 0   
[B]1d8 v undead or constructs, DC 14 Alkahest Bomb (5/day) [/B] 3 (1d4+4, x2)
[B]  light Mace [/B] 1 (1d6+1, x2)
[B]  Dagger [/B] 1 (1d4+1, 19-20/x2)
[B]  Lamellar Cuirass[/B] (+2 Armor, +2 Dex, +1 Deflect)
[B]Abilities[/B] Str 12, Dex 14, Con 13, Int 18, Wis 10, Cha 10
[B]Condition[/B] None 

Actions Crunch

spacer.png"There's a rush of them crusader guys just came in this afternoon going up t'ward Chesed, so I'm afraid I only have one room left available," The innkeep told them as Val inquired, explaining that their original payment on the rooms would have them lodged for the night, "But if your new friends want to share, it ain't my business what they do so long as ya don't make a mess and don't need no extra beds."

(( One room here at the Plump Pearl is 2gp/night, stabling is 5sp/day per large creature. ))

Edited by iantruesilver (see edit history)

spacer.pngVal will go to Vri and get ten gold fromt he party funds against her future share, then pay the innkeeper three, two for the extra room and one for the two horses.  She passes out keys to everyone, then smiles, "I will gladly buy everyone dinner here, against my share and we can talk together."  Turning back to the innkeeper,  "Any chance of a quiet table we can all sit around somewhere?"

EmSbKrE.jpg?1HP 10/10  | AC 14Fort (01) - Reflex (05) - Will (00)  |  "I do not dream of electric sheep" 

There is a lot going on.  After hours of relative quiet while traveling the town feels almost overwhelming to Domino.  She cannot remember being in a more crowded collection of people and buildings.  It is not quite intimidating but she is somewhat relieved to take a few moments in the barn to unload the wagons and catch a breath.  Inside the 'Pearl things are quite raucous enough for an introduction to humans.  Domino watches Violet to see how she handles the culture shock.

OOC

Staying with the group.

Fighting the urge to go wandering and poking around.

Map Link

The innkeeper gestures to a corner table and the group settles out, finding chairs around the table.  "Order what you like, it will come from my share of what we've gathered.  But... let's keep it to one drink spacer.pngand go back to our rooms when we finish here.  Any objections?"  Val smiles.

Rain-in-Summer

B8278D38-D56D-4D10-84D2-D1157F76821D.png.118b158dda0b886a8d97c1aa24ef7467.pngRain quickly glances at whatever passes for a menu here and picks something she is yet to try at random. "So," she says, once the Violet has settled down. "Does the name Casandalee mean anything to you? It is what the creature in the dream called you. That creature in the dream..." the shaman muses. 

"It seemed as though it were part of the illusion that we found ourselves trapped in- at least, it was made from the same substance. And yet, it was able to control the two of you." She gestures to Domino and Violet. "Do you have any idea what that creature was?"

EmSbKrE.jpg?1HP 10/10  | AC 14Fort (01) - Reflex (05) - Will (00)  |  "I do not dream of electric sheep" 

"I did not recognize the entity from the dream but it had a sense about it."  Domino replies to Rain.  "I believe it was an android.  But dreams are subjective by nature, perhaps I perceived it to be like myself."

"As to how it could command myself and Violet but not anyone else, the obvious answer would be that both of us are androids but again this is purely conjecture.  Was the dream an omen?  A prediction?  Or was it a shared hallucination brought on by our proximity in captivity and the unknown nature of the cultist spell casting?"

OOC

Map Link

spacer.png"No, I am not familiar with that name, nor do I understand why that god in my dream would refer to me by it," Answering Rain's questions directly, the other android said, "I am as perplexed as you are, veiled friend Rain."

"Will we have dreams again?" Violet asked after a little, "I do not think I like dreams."

spacer.pngA little while after they've settled at a quieter table at the back of the inn's common area, the red haired barmaid comes to take your order, informing you of their drinks, which includes some ales, porters, liquors, as well as wines (particularly interesting of which is an "icewine"), and that they have deep fried sweet potato wedges or cheese platters for "appies", split pea and ham soup, steak with gravy and a lettuce and red onion salad, and an herb-crusted pork tenderloin with a mushroom sauce.

Edited by iantruesilver (see edit history)

spacer.pngVal looks thousghtful, then as the barmaid interrupts her thoughts, she nods. 

"How much are the meald and drinks in general, and is three anything in particular that you would recommend?"

While waiting for the barmaid the young investigator looks to Violet.

"I wouldn't base your feelings about dreams on the one that we experienced last night, that was not normal, more like a shared hallucination that a true dream.  Dreams are different, and until you've had a few of your own I wouldn't be too hasty to judge them as good or bad.  Usually, I find that dreams help me sort out some of the problems of my daily life when my head gets too full of challenging or contradictory thoughts."

As Violet quitely ruminates on what Val had said about dreams, her naïveté coming through in the blankness of her expression, the barmaid relays some of the prices of the food items, which spans from between a few coppers for the appetizers to a couple of silvers for the entrées.  The drinks also range from a couple of coppers upwards.