Chapter 2 — The Long and Winding Road

iantruesilver

image.jpeg.3f95306a23dfeb7a6f315970d6687d0e.jpeg

Statblock

Vrilundass 'Vri' Arund

Female NG Half-elf Swashbuckler, Level 1, Init 3, HP 4/11, Speed 30ft
AC 16, Touch 13, Flat-footed 13, CMD 15, Fort 0, Ref 5, Will 1, CMB +2, Base Attack Bonus 1   
silversheen, MC rapier +5 (1d6+1, 18-20/x2)
cold iron dagger +4 (1d4+1, 19-20/x2)
shortbow (20)+4 (1d6, x3)
Studded Leather (+3 Armor, +3 Dex)
Abilities Str 12, Dex 17, Con 10, Int 12, Wis 12, Cha 15
Condition None

Hero points: 1/1

Vri decided to have the pork tenderloin.

"Oh," she said to the waitress, "do you happen to know someone who's in the market to buy some stuff we managed to get into.  Weapons, armour, maybe some magical stuff.  It would be easier to offload it here than take it all the way with us, right?"

OOC

"Aww, thank you dear!"  The barmaid's smile brightened as she shot Val a wink.

"Well, you probably won't find a whole lot of places open at this hour, maybe besides the Midnight Snack Shack?" She answered the half-elf's question as she went around the table to take everyone's orders, "I don't know if Kykki will take all of your weapons and such, but he carries quite a bit in his store.  Oh, and his beaver tails are simply to die for."

Statblock

Vrilundass 'Vri' Arund

AC 16, Touch 13, Flat-footed 13, CMD 15, Fort 0, Ref 5, Will 1, CMB +2, Base Attack Bonus 1   
Condition None

"Tomorrow is fine," she said to the waitress, "it doesn't have to be right now."

In fact she would prefer to discuss some things before they would start to sell all the stuff they had managed to get out of the cultist's lair.

OOC

spacer.pngVal smiles at the waitress, "You're welcome."  Hearing about the Midnight Snack Shack, the investigataor nods, "Tomorrow is fine, unless as the name might suggest, it is only open late."

"Yeah, Kykki runs his shop at night as opposed to in the daytime. Something about catering to the crepuss… crepusk… oh whatever that word is."  The bartender simply gave up after a couple of tries with a word she had some trouble with, but brushed it off as though she wasn't going to let it bother her at all, and continued to say, "Anyway, if you want to wait till the morning, most shops around open during the daytime. I'm sure you'll be able to sell your things then."

spacer.pngVal looks thoughtful, "Okay, since he's only open at night perhaps I will pop over there after dinner to get an idea of what he might have.  I could take a few things with me to see what kind of price he offers, but obviously not the whole lot.  Who'd like to come with me postponing hot baths, wine and other things until later?"  Looking at the barmaid, "What's your name, dear?  And given what I've ordered, what do you think might go best with it in terms of drinks?  Oh, and is there a desert offering?"

Edited by Wiz (see edit history)

Barhuce

spacer.png

Barhuce nods his thanks to Val and orders the split pea soup and a porter. '"I'll tag along to the Snack Shack. Be a good chance to talk about how we want to split up identifying the stuff that needs identifying. Seems like you and I have similar skill sets there."

Statblock

Barhuce
M NG Human (Kellid) Alchemist (CryptBreaker), [B]Level[/B] 1, [B]Init6[/B] 4, [B]HP[/B] 7/9, [B]Speed[/B] 30
[B]AC[/B] 15, [B]Touch[/B] 12, [B]Flat-footed[/B] 13, [B]CMD[/b] 13, [B]Fort[/B] 3, [B]Ref[/B] 4, [B]Will[/B] 0, [B]CMB[/B] +1, [B]Base Attack7 Bonus[/B] 0   
[B]1d8 v undead or constructs, DC 14 Alkahest Bomb (5/day) [/B] 3 (1d4+4, x2)
[B]  light Mace [/B] 1 (1d6+1, x2)
[B]  Dagger [/B] 1 (1d4+1, 19-20/x2)
[B]  Lamellar Cuirass[/B] (+2 Armor, +2 Dex, +1 Deflect)
[B]Abilities[/B] Str 12, Dex 14, Con 13, Int 18, Wis 10, Cha 10
[B]Condition[/B] None 

Actions Crunch

"Oh, my name's Alliandra, but you can just call me Alli." The barmaid smiles toward Val once again as she starts to make some suggestions, "I see a lot of people ordering the Tumbleweed pale ale to pair with the wedges, which I guess is great cause we get that here locally, but my heart's on the Gewürztraminer. It's the same grape they make the icewine from, not far from Restov actually."

"Okay, soup for the gentleman," Alli mentally notes down Barhuce's order, "And will it be the Dawnflower Patrol today or Merry Riotbuster?"

Those paying enough attention enough will see the barmaid shake her head while enunciating the two words 'Dawnflower Patrol'.

"Uh yeah!" Turning back to Val, she rattles off the dessert offerings while counting them off on her fingers, perhaps out of habit, "We have flapper pie, jambusters, and bag pudding."

Edited by iantruesilver (see edit history)

spacer.pngspacer.pngVal nods, "I'll have the Gewürztraminer, and since the wine should be sweeter than the desert, I'll go for the bag pudding."  Looking at Barhuce, the young investigator smiles, "Yes, we both should be able to confirm the other's identification of the brews, and you can help me carry more stuff there."

Edited by Wiz (see edit history)

Barhuce

spacer.png

"The Merry Riotbuster please. Flowery and porter just.... sounds wrong." Looking back at Val he responds. "I was thinking more that we could split things up so we didn't take as much time as well as helping each other on anything we were unsure on. And sure, I can carry stuff."

Statblock

Barhuce
M NG Human (Kellid) Alchemist (CryptBreaker), [B]Level[/B] 1, [B]Init6[/B] 4, [B]HP[/B] 7/9, [B]Speed[/B] 30
[B]AC[/B] 15, [B]Touch[/B] 12, [B]Flat-footed[/B] 13, [B]CMD[/b] 13, [B]Fort[/B] 3, [B]Ref[/B] 4, [B]Will[/B] 0, [B]CMB[/B] +1, [B]Base Attack7 Bonus[/B] 0   
[B]1d8 v undead or constructs, DC 14 Alkahest Bomb (5/day) [/B] 3 (1d4+4, x2)
[B]  light Mace [/B] 1 (1d6+1, x2)
[B]  Dagger [/B] 1 (1d4+1, 19-20/x2)
[B]  Lamellar Cuirass[/B] (+2 Armor, +2 Dex, +1 Deflect)
[B]Abilities[/B] Str 12, Dex 14, Con 13, Int 18, Wis 10, Cha 10
[B]Condition[/B] None 

Actions Crunch

EmSbKrE.jpg?1HP 10/10  | AC 14Fort (01) - Reflex (05) - Will (00)  |  "I do not dream of electric sheep" 

The information is fast and the flurry of food and drinks and choices and noise.  Domino realizes it will take some getting used to again.  She abandons the idea of keeping up and settles for just not getting lost.  Violet seems to be taking things without too much trouble and Domino keeps an eye on the other android but does not question her.  Throwing out questions will just add to the confusion.  Not helpful in the current situation.

The subject of night markets does finally draw Domino into the conversation.

"The only place open?  No competition means his prices are liable to be high and his fist tight with money when it comes to paying off.  We should wait for the morning."  Domino suggests.  

"Are we in a particular hurry?"      

OOC

Eyes were bad over the weekend.  It's cleared up now.  Catching up on things.

Domino gets something simple for dinner and drink.  She suggests the same for Violet.  Nothing too spicy at first.  We can always scale up intensity later.

Map Link

Statblock

Vrilundass 'Vri' Arund

Condition None

"No desert for me, thanks," Vri said to the waitress, "I'll have the Gewürztraminer, please.  And after dinner a nice hot bath with probably more of that Gewürztraminer.  Can I have a bottle of that?  It would save you a lot of running around."

OOC

"Well if you're looking for something cool and different, the pale lager we have is actually pretty decent. We get it from the brewer down near the ol' catspaw guildie, like a lot of our other brews." Turning to Rain, the barmaid made a suggestion for an unusual drink, "They call it 'Dude, where's my cart'."

"Cuz that's prolly what you'll be sayin' the next mornin' after one too many, amirite?" She snorted a good laugh after delivering that little joke, completely unaware of the group's recent misfortunes.

Having waited for everyone else to order, quietly observing their choices and the way they each ask, Violet imitates Domino in the way she orders her food in the most mousy and diminutive way possible, while sticking still quite close to Val at the table.

"You got it guys. I'll be right back." All of that being done, Alliandra takes off for a while before reappearing with a veritable feast, food, drinks and all.

spacer.png spacer.png spacer.png

spacer.png spacer.png

spacer.png spacer.png spacer.png

spacer.png

Edited by iantruesilver (see edit history)

Rain-in-Summer

B8278D38-D56D-4D10-84D2-D1157F76821D.png.118b158dda0b886a8d97c1aa24ef7467.pngAs the food arrives, Rain removes her veil (revealing the large, starry birthmark that covers much of the left side of her face) and begins to dig in. Every once in a while she sneaks small morsels over to Jerry, who is curled up and hidden by her hood. "I hope this time the only dens of inequity I stumble into are the fun kind," she mutters to herself as she takes a sip of the 'Dude, where's my cart.'

"If it's all the same to you," she says to Val and Barhuce, "I'd rather not go to the shop tonight. I trust the two of you will be able to get a good price."

OOC: I imagine Rain spent quite a bit of the journey on foot if she was the one following the tracks, so she's probably tired. Also, she has no idea how much these things we found are worth. Gonna spend her night with a hot bath and a bottle of wine.

The birthmark on her cheek is a holy symbol of Pulura.