First One In The Breach

Grudge

• 2 weeks later...

O.K. not what Tharm expected for a first post but Root and I had a bit of a falling out. He had...never mind, what is important is that I'm willing to run the game with only @Fiery Gift and @Thramzorean if you think you need a third one, give some prospects. I'll run the game with only 2 of you no issue. Shit happens and people go back on their word, that's how far I'll go. I would like to hear from both of you.

@Fiery Gift @Thramzorean O.K. Im gonna modify the Attribute and Skill part from DJ which Thram should be familiar with. Attributes go from 8 and they are usual Str, Dex, Con, Wis, Int, Cha. You have 27 points for a character. Likely easiest would be to go on OGMW and do it there with their tool under 3.5 rules. The second part I won't restrict. It is your job. Remember you are at the inhospitable Moon from our Solar system Gas giants. So just think about what is needed in such operation. You can be From the security, over shell operators (a bit different than EP Thram) basically people who mind link from their station with what is basically a robot made for a certain purpose. It can be a basketball-sized scout shell, to Leviathan large mining shells, and everything in between. Also, you can be just a cook. (why cook well ask that when you are canibal hungry and have 5 ingredients you don't know what to do with 😝 ) Skills also are not numbered. Simple, Not Proficient, Proficient, Expert and Master. Also, Skills are not my problem. You have 8 slots and choose skills that you think represent your job the best. To avoid cheesing, you can have 2 for each. Say you are Security and choose Master at Handgun and Assault Rifle, you blew your Master skills.

Most importantly as the Freeform game nothing here is written in stone, we can workshop it until everyone is happy. This is just a starting point.

Would a  Xenobiologist be ok? I’m thinking maybe someone trying to adapt animal life to be farmed as a food source for space workers. Maybe high protein worms or something similar that could be ground into “meat” but also sort of “melted down” and used as structural fodder to 3d print replacement organs. He or his company essentially rents lab space and tries to genetically change the worms to live and breed beneath the surface of the moon or simulated environments.

Sure for the Xenobiologist part. I still have not decided on the financing of the thing, we have several options. Moon is exploited for both material and science, so some unified body could be reasonable (I don't know like you get 1.7 billion credits and this much is for mining and this much for science), but also private sector could be game(company A gives x amount of cash for say mining, company B gives y amount of cash for science While Company C owns hab blocks and leasing them to companies A & B, basically being a landlord.) We also have the option of a few countries operating on their own. But for PCs, I would prefer one of the first 2 because if Thram decides to go with Thransania I.N.C. as the security and Fiery is a member of Kiwiland United, as the scientist. Getting 2 together would be... challenging 😅

If my main job was Xenobiologist, there's no reason I couldn't work in the same country as Thram. Or I could be a Xenobiology student, maybe I joined Security for a something like a GI bill in the US to pay for  the rest of my schooling.

The "Falling out" was not near as dramatic as it sounds. I am just going through a pretty big priority change in life ATM and when Grudge asked me to do a freeform game here on Baldr I had a hard time saying no to a dear friend. Then he unloaded on me (Justifiably) for not showing up. :)

Couple that with Baldr just annoying the shit out of me because for some reason I just really have a hard time navigating it. I shall endeavor to give this a whirl and quit being a whiny little B. But I will caution that my posting rate will not be like the Root of 2017-2020. For the last two years I really struggled to carve out some designated time for posting in my games as my life got crazy busy.

So, with that out of the way, how are you guys? I need to put some thought into a character. I need to figure out a profession and skillset that I have some RL knowledge of (not any science or really high brain stuff). I am thinking some mix of security, engineering, or communication/linguistics.

@Grudge Would you be so kind as to make a sample template of a character and stats kind of like DJ did when we started Dying Light? It might help me figure out what you are looking for.

Also, I liked the intro. Am I correct in assuming that the rest of us will be joining Hannah to kick off the game?

9 hours ago, Thramzorean said:

(p.s. this Baldr place is weird)

Ditto. I consider myself a fairly smart dude, but the setup here confuses the crap out of me. I can't find anything. I have made multiple forays into the site and always close my laptop scratching my head. I either have to get over it and try to get comfortable or walk away from PbP. It's a coinflip right now

*grunts* O.K. I don't want to make a drama here, yeah everything is fine. Prior to starting this I applied to some games and played with formats so I can help out. This is a down low, contrary to our beliefs despite its weirdness Baldr is "easier" than OGMW, but much, much, less customizable unless you are willing to under Word hood. Some things are O.K. some suck. I will, eventually place a few templates, with explanations of how to adjust them. But we are not really there yet. Let's first hammer out who wants to do what before we go to putting pretty post templates. Since basics are easy.

Raynold "Ray" Watson

https://i.pinimg.com/564x/7e/bf/0d/7ebf0dc76ddcb93ac113352f13089275.jpg
UPP: 777777-7
My post format

Stats
 Strength  9 +1
 Dexterity  9 +1
 Endurance  9 +1
 Intellect  9 +1
 Education 15 +3
 Social Standing  6  0

https://i.pinimg.com/564x/7e/bf/0d/7ebf0dc76ddcb93ac113352f13089275.jpg

Name: Raynold "Ray" Watson

Aging: Reduce three physical characteristics by 1 (chose 1 for each)

Occupation: Failed Marine Graduate (Ground Assault), Scholar 2 terms

Rivals: Marine Officer, Marine Graduate

Mishaps: A disaster leaves several injured, and others blame you, forcing you to leave your career. Roll on the Injury Table
twice, taking the higher result, and gaining a Rival.

Injuries: Lightly Injured. No permanent effect

Accolades: 1st Term (Your work leads to a considerable breakthrough. You are automatically promoted), 2nd Term (You win a prestigious prize for your work, garnering both the praise and envy of your peers. Gain DM+1 to any one Benefit roll)

Mustering Out: 25k a year pension,

Skills
 Athletics   0
 Carouse   1
 Drive   0
 Engineer   Life SupportCovers oxygen generators, heating and
lighting and other necessary life support systems.
Safely Reducing Power to Life Support to Prolong
a Ship’s Battery Life: Average (8+) Engineer (life
support) check (1D minutes, EDU).
 Electronics  ComputersUsing and controlling computer systems,
and similar electronics and electrics.
Accessing Publicly Available Data: Easy (4+)
Electronics (computers) check (1D minutes, INT or
EDU).
Activating a Computer Program on a Ship’s
Computer: Routine (6+) Electronics (computers)
check (1D x 10 seconds, INT or EDU).
Searching a Corporate Database for Evidence
of Illegal Activity: Difficult (10+) Electronics
(computers) check (1D hours, INT).
Hacking into a Secure Computer Network:
Formidable (14+) Electronics (computers) check
(1D x 10 hours, INT). Hacking is aided by Intrusion
programs and made more difficult by Security
programs. The Effect determines the amount of data
retrieved; failure means the targeted system may be
able to trace the hacking attempt.
 Science   CyberneticsThe study of blending living and
synthetic life. Remembering a Commonly Known Fact: Routine (6+)
Science check (1D minutes, EDU).
Researching a Problem Related to a Field of Science:
Average (8+) Science check (1D days, INT).
RoboticsThe study of robot construction and use. Remembering a Commonly Known Fact: Routine (6+)
Science check (1D minutes, EDU).
Researching a Problem Related to a Field of Science:
Average (8+) Science check (1D days, INT).
 Streetwise   0
 Survival   0
 Vacc Suit   1
 Navigation   2
 Tactics   0
 Heavy Weapons   0
 Gun Combat   0

Equipment
 Mobile Comm  Bonus  TL10      
 Binoculars  Cr750  TL 8  1 kg    
 Filter Mask  Cr100  TL 7   %    
Geiger Counter  Cr250  TL 5  2 kg    
 Environment    Suit  Cr500  TL10  1 kg    
 Electronics TK  Cr2000  TL 7  2 kg    
 Engineering TK  Cr4000  TL12 12 kg    
 Flak Jacket  Cr300  TL 8  6 kg +5 Protection  
 Stunstick  Cr300  TL 8  1 kg  2D  
 Revolver  Cr150  TL 5  1 kg  3D-3, 10m  20 Mag.
 Snub Pistol  Cr150  TL 8   % 3D-3, 5m  20 Mag
 Shotgun  Cr200  TL 4  4 kg  4D, 50m, Bulky  20 Mag
 Gyrostabiliser  Cr500  TL 9  9 kg  Reducing Recoil Removing Bulky Trait

Remaining: 50300 Credits

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Edit: My app