Questions and Discussions

So I'm new to pathfinder and made a fairly simple fighter to learn the system, but I'd accept any hints or tips on how to tweak Pierce's build.

Also up for discussing any character connections. He may have connections with anyone else who is a refugee from Cyre, or with a connection to the Warforged or Silver Flame.

44 minutes ago, Spydre said:

So I'm new to pathfinder and made a fairly simple fighter to learn the system, but I'd accept any hints or tips on how to tweak Pierce's build.

Also up for discussing any character connections. He may have connections with anyone else who is a refugee from Cyre, or with a connection to the Warforged or Silver Flame.

I read your backstory and I was stoked to see another character faithful to the Silver Flame. Our character would have a lot in common about many subjects, like lycanthropy:

image.jpeg.fafccd6ef2d6d94821c1a7c0a267f118.jpeg

Joke aside, I read that Pierce fought a lot of different enemies, and since Thrane and Cyre were also at war, we may have met on the battlefield as enemies. My character is all about mercy and saving life, so maybe he would have been captured by Cyre forced, but decided to lend his help anyway to save from death one of your war companion and it could have given Pierce new perspective, maybe it would have reinforced his faith in the Silver Flame. It could certainly bring some interesting roleplay elements when our character will meet at the Clifftop Guild.

Edited by Harding (see edit history)

1 hour ago, Harding said:

I read your backstory and I was stoked to see another character faithful to the Silver Flame. Our character would have a lot in common about many subjects, like lycanthropy:

Joke aside, I read that Pierce fought a lot of different enemies, and since Thrane and Cyre were also at war, we may have met on the battlefield as enemies. My character is all about mercy and saving life, so maybe he would have been captured by Cyre forced, but decided to lend his help anyway to save from death one of your war companion and it could have given Pierce new perspective, maybe it would have reinforced his faith in the Silver Flame. It could certainly bring some interesting roleplay elements when our character will meet at the Clifftop Guild.

Ha, great picture! 😂

That sounds great. Perhaps Alestair helped Pierce to recover the wounded following the initial destruction caused by the Mourning and helped him to return them to safety, following which Alestair was freed for his part in helping. Alestair would have reminded Pierce of his friend Jash who introduced him to the faith.

1 hour ago, GleefulNihilism said:

This does seem like a conversation best moved to the Adventurers section, in my humble opinion. I'll try to get some thoughts down relatively soon myself.

Well, today-ish.

I figured this was the best place for this kind of discussion as it is the Questions and Discussions thread in the Character Creation topic. I'll move things over to your new thread though I guess.

Edited by Spydre (see edit history)

On 6/3/2023 at 4:40 AM, Spydre said:

You won't have an issue playing a fighter.. esp given warforged lets you get such a high AC.

Swing away every round but don't get drawn into 3 attacks each turn, try and do some other things as the MAP makes it hard even for fighters.

13 hours ago, allefgib said:

You won't have an issue playing a fighter.. esp given warforged lets you get such a high AC.

Swing away every round but don't get drawn into 3 attacks each turn, try and do some other things as the MAP makes it hard even for fighters.

Good tip, thank you