The Tomb

hoverfrog

On 8/18/2023 at 10:47 AM, hoverfrog said:

Feel free to role play it in any way you feel is appropriate.

How about this as a rule of thumb for "unshaded" exposure to light:

Sunrise to sunset: RAW

Civil Twilight (~0-30 mins before sunrise/after sunset): => Slowed 1 => Slowed 2. Always retains 1 Action and is not destroyed.

Nautical Twilight (~30-60 mins before sunrise/after sunset): => Slowed 1. Always retains 2 Actions.

Astronomical Twilight (>60 mins before sunrise/after sunset): unaffected.

Technically, duration of these phases (each 6-degrees of the sun's arc) depends on latitude, but at mid-latitudes such as Ustalav, 30-min as an average should be good enough for government work. I don't know if you care about this level of detail, but the following site provides sunrise and sunset data throughout the year for various cities, e.g. Bucharest Romania https://www.timeanddate.com/sun/romania/bucharest. I used this when running a campaign in the Old World of Warhammer which is a rather crunchy system anyway. But, it did provide some verisimilitude (I chose a city in central Germany for that) particularly with travel and operations during winter compared to summer above and beyond simply cold or hot.

Edited by Vedast (see edit history)

17 minutes ago, hoverfrog said:

I'll have to keep an eye on the time of day then. ;)

Not trying to create busy-work for you. Just wanting to avoid the 'can't I just wear sun-screen?' work-around of a vampire's weaknesses. And it seemed like interesting flavor for me to use narratively. Of course, there's also trying to stick to deeper shadows or indoors.

43 minutes ago, Vedast said:

Not trying to create busy-work for you. Just wanting to avoid the 'can't I just wear sun-screen?' work-around of a vampire's weaknesses. And it seemed like interesting flavor for me to use narratively. Of course, there's also trying to stick to deeper shadows or indoors.

I'm all for keeping things interesting and will try to accomodate you.

47 minutes ago, hoverfrog said:

If you want to tweak your gear, you can but do so before it becomes important.

To keep things simple, I merely exchanged one smoke stick (leaving Razvan with x1) for the set of thieves tools. Conveniently the same price and bulk so a quick modification. I edited that last dialogue somewhat to incorporate this narratively.

It occurred to me that though as undead our charactes do not require food or drink from our Adventurer's Packs, we might wish to retain a filled waterskin.

Do not the mummy characters (is Mr. Mud/ Oswald a mummy? and certainly Krott) have a weakness to fire? Thought it might be useful to have a source of water just in case.

I edited my itemization post to include a waterskin in the Adventurer's Pack and have the character realize its potential use outside of hydration.

Edited by Vedast (see edit history)

22 minutes ago, Vedast said:

It occurred to me that though as undead our charactes do not require food or drink from our Adventurer's Packs, we might wish to retain a filled waterskin.

Do not the mummy characters (is Mr. Mud/ Oswald a mummy? and certainly Krott) have a weakness to fire? Thought it might be useful to have a source of water just in case.

I edited my itemization post to include a waterskin in the Adventurer's Pack and have the character realize its potential use outside of hydration.

That's an excellent point. While not every fire effect will catch me on fire, anything that does can be very deadly. Having a some water would probably count as assistance to lower the flat check to stop the ongoing fire damage when it comes up.

Originally I took a heritage to get fire resistance to counter the weakness, but it wasn't as interesting for my character. Eventually I'll also have enough alchemy slots to take a couple energy mutagens to negate the weakness, but there are other issues that opens up too, so having a mundane solution is great.

[warning: attempt at humor]

Krott; Cyntheria & Mr. Mud; Loreli: Say, where are you two going?

Sal & Razvan: Out for some late night fast food. We're starving.

K; C&MM; L: Well bring us something back will you?

S&R: What d'ya want?

K & C&MM: We'll take a couple of sandwich wraps with dressing.

L: And a small order of spare ribs for me!

🧛‍♂️