The Tomb

hoverfrog

3 days... 28th anniversary for my wife and I, grandson's 1st birthday (first child of my only son in a pack of girls), and then my youngest daughter's fiance's birthday with a big party and a revolving headcount of around 25'ish for 6 hours... been a busy few days here too! :D

Modest suggestion for perusal:

In the past, typically when a group would establish a marching order, I'd set up a who-is-looking-where default: e.g. in a group of four:

1. Forward and down/floor.

2. Right and ahead.

3. Left and up.

4. Rear; left & right; up & down.

Obviously, characters might look in other directions, but this way the GM knew that someone had an assigned sector; whose Perception or whatever to roll in secret; and just avoided any of that "oh, well, no one was looking that way" vagaries. Also, if the party came across something, each character would pay attention to their sector, even if dealing with other matters.

It also made it easier for the group to shift around and for the GM to track who is doing what: e.g. 'Tim the Thief will take position #3 now since he's injured.'

Edited by Vedast (see edit history)

I edited in the DCs for the check to Recall Knowledge. I did this because I have had to look it up three times now and I figured I should just write it down.

A Recall Knowledge check using Society DC17, Unspecific Lore DC 15, or Specific Lore DC 12 will tell you more about these goblins.

Technically the Aid action has a DC of 20 but that makes no sense when the DC to Recall Knowledge is lower than that. As such the DC to Aid, at least in this case, is 2 lower than the DC for the task.

On 9/12/2023 at 11:17 AM, VennDygrem said:

To the party: So I think we want to attract as little attention as possible, at least to begin with. Is there any way we can distract them or lure them away somewhere else, and give us a chance to pass unnoticed?

I concur (as per my IC posts: I'd prefer we try to circumvent these creatures, but if we cannot, then luring them to us away from the Tower would seem preferable).

These do not seem to be sentries in the usual sense, but neither are they animals nor "mindless" undead. Perhaps the Tower denizens feed them to provide a casual level of deterrence to approach?

That is to say, I'd guess that they are more strongly motivated by 'food' than anything else. Maybe a illusory smell or the like? Or sound ...

Edited by Vedast (see edit history)

FYI, I thought I posted everywhere but it doesn't seem to be the case. I'm going on a cruise next week and will be away from reliable internet access from Sunday 17 Sept. through Saturday 23 Sept. If you need to puppet Krott during that time, that's fine. If combat starts when I'm not around to post, assume Krott starts combat with a Bestial Mutagen and attacks in melee (jaws then claws which are agile). If anyone in the party could benefit from a Drakeheart Mutagen or any other prepared alchemical items, those can be passed around as well. I might also start off with a numbing tonic for more damage mitigation (I can use Slag's Valet ability to have him place elixirs in my hand as I need them, up to twice, meaning I can draw and drink two potions in one turn instead of two turns). For non-combat, Krott has knowledge and athletics to offer.

I'm still here through this Saturday though, just giving a head's up.

Edited by VennDygrem (see edit history)