The Tomb

hoverfrog

Assuming that the vial gets Krott back on his feet, I suggest:

• Razvan goes up to check the roof/statue and the bedroom/chest (floors 6 & 5);
  • Cyntheria & Mud stay on the Library floor (3rd) with special attention to the desk and fireplace;
  • Sal & Krott take the 2nd floor (torture chamber);
  • and Loreli takes the basement/cellar.
  • If nothing there, we try the 4th floor (plants) and the 1st floor (Demetrius' space)?

Not sure what Demetrius would want to do ... he's welcome to come along with Razvan and it we have to try attacking that plant might be useful.

If so, will also want to ask D what he knows about the dagger.

Perhaps Krott can carry Danior (and the boy might trust Krott if he's even conscious).

Edited by Vedast (see edit history)

That seems like as decent a plan as any I can conceive. I do feel like searching this place and trying to find Tallon's hiding place, or at least anything else of note, is important. Rescuing Danior is still a priority, though.

17 hours ago, Vedast said:

Assuming that the vial gets Krott back on his feet, I suggest:

• Razvan goes up to check the roof/statue and the bedroom/chest (floors 6 & 5);
  • Cyntheria & Mud stay on the Library floor (3rd) with special attention to the desk and fireplace;
  • Sal & Krott take the 2nd floor (torture chamber);
  • and Loreli takes the basement/cellar.
  • If nothing there, we try the 4th floor (plants) and the 1st floor (Demetrius' space)?

Not sure what Demetrius would want to do ... he's welcome to come along with Razvan and it we have to try attacking that plant might be useful.

If so, will also want to ask D what he knows about the dagger.

Perhaps Krott can carry Danior (and the boy might trust Krott if he's even conscious).

You are all taking the Search exploration action.

Search

Concentrate Exploration 
Source Player Core pg. 439

You Seek meticulously for hidden doors, concealed hazards, and so on. You can usually make an educated guess as to which locations are best to check and move at half speed, but if you want to be thorough and guarantee you checked everything, you need to travel at a Speed of no more than 300 feet per minute, or 150 feet per minute to ensure you check everything before you walk into it. You can always move more slowly while Searching to cover the area more thoroughly, and the Expeditious Search feat increases these maximum Speeds. If you come across a secret door, item, or hazard while Searching, the GM will attempt a free secret check to Seek to see if you notice the hidden object or hazard. In locations with many objects to search, you have to stop and spend significantly longer to search thoroughly.

It is perhaps fortuitous that he's doing so and that Razvan reminds people to search the ceiling. The vampire spawn's movement dislodges a lot of dust from the floors above and Krott notices that a patch of ceiling above the torture chamber, or between the torture chamber and the library as you've chosen to call them, is free from dust. It falls round the edges of the room as he stomps around upstairs but not above the table.

Cyntheria and Mud, despite the broken floorboards, have found nothing there.

Just to be certain that we understand this: Cyntheria & Mud don't see anything from the floor level of the "Library" even above the location of interest? They don't find a stone or other layer below the floorboards?

We'll need to get Razvan and Demetrius there IC, but trying to get a sense as to whether working "down" or digging into the ceiling appears more promising. Razvan has two tools* so we could work in unison or one from above and one below.

*(from App page):

• Folding shovel/short tool* (0.40; L) *might need to dig a resting place after all!
  • Crowbar (0.50; L) *also for potential use in securing a resting place in addition to accessing other creaky places.

1 hour ago, Vedast said:

Just to be certain that we understand this: Cyntheria & Mud don't see anything from the floor level of the "Library" even above the location of interest? They don't find a stone or other layer below the floorboards?

Correct. Presumably they were just looking at the walls or maybe the ceiling above them.

33 minutes ago, hoverfrog said:

Correct. Presumably they were just looking at the walls or maybe the ceiling above them.

Ok. I had Razvan act as though they perhaps just hadn't dug down far enough or had only made a cursory glance. Now, with Krott's alert, that floor is being torn up.

• 2 weeks later...
10 hours ago, VennDygrem said:

@Starhawk I didn't mean to try and dictate what Sal should do it sideline her in my last post, so I edited the dialogue slightly to reflect my intention.

Perhaps the clarification needed is whether @Starhawk is intending to be active in this Game?

On 4/3/2024 at 12:43 AM, Starhawk said:

I've written a post. Waiting on DM feedback. I'm not intending to be active in ooc. The last time I was I found it decidedly unpleasant and my masochism setting is very low.

Hopefully I've answered your thoughts in the post. I assume they are ideas and so generally public.

In response to the last post, does Krott have any idea how long it would take to chip away enough of the stone to get at the contents? Can you tell us how long it's been since Tallon went unconscious, with all of our recent searching for the coffin and such presumably having taken time not measured in rounds?

12 hours ago, VennDygrem said:

In response to the last post, does Krott have any idea how long it would take to chip away enough of the stone to get at the contents? Can you tell us how long it's been since Tallon went unconscious, with all of our recent searching for the coffin and such presumably having taken time not measured in rounds?

I'd say you've been in the tower for about two hours now. It's been about 15 minutes of searching to find the hidden coffin. To chisel out a large enough hole you're looking at an hour's work. Still a few hours till dawn.

• 1 month later...

I don't suppose it matters who actually drives the stake home in what remains of Tallon's desiccated corpse as long as the deed is done. I had intended my post to have Razvan encouraging the stake-holder to finish off Tallon, but I can see how my phrasing could be taken that Razvan took the stake. That wasn't my intention, though.

In terms of searching, how much time do we estimate until dawn? Razvan and Demetrius need to find a place to rest/sleep at least part of the day out of direct sunlight: while you don't sleep, you enter a state of quiescence for at least 4 hours a day to recuperate, which lets your undead flesh reknit and recover naturally. Many undead choose to rest when the sun is at its highest. Demetrius and Razvan could take a pair of four-hour long watches to cover the bulk of the day with one of them 'awake' albeit restricted to dark areas of the Tower.

Obviously, my main concern is to guard Tallon's remains until/unless we hear from Ekul & Alliester regarding his complete destruction.

I suppose the other undead types also need to rest at some point, but they are not adversely affected in a direct sense by sunlight?

Razvan is quite willing to give the hound figurine (found in the demon statue on the roof) to Krott or whomever to take back to the coach. He'd prefer to retain the dagger ... just in case. I can put that IC if need be.

Edited by Vedast (see edit history)