The Tomb

hoverfrog

9 minutes ago, VennDygrem said:

I just cannot roll well for the life of me... I think the dice fates are trying to tell me Krott is destined to be murdered here. D:

I see what you mean about rolls. Maybe, though, a grapple check isn't needed for a simple action of picking up an unresisting (assuming) child? I mean, its not like you're trying to grab and restrain an angry bear or such.

Edited by Vedast (see edit history)

On 1/12/2024 at 8:24 PM, Vedast said:

Interesting that he stepped back.

@hoverfrog question: what sort of terrain are the statue squares, specifically E6, but also E5.

Put another way, can Razvan move:

• => F7 (+5)
  • => E6 (+5)
  • => E5 (+5)
  • => D4 (+10)

For a total of 25'?

Actually standing on the statue base would be rough terrain. It is far from flat.

So it would take a bit more movement than that unfortunately.

1 hour ago, hoverfrog said:

So it would take a bit more movement than that unfortunately.

I posted a different, albeit less optimal track and reframed the rolls from by original (4JAN) post.

@hoverfrog

Since the Master took a Stride Action, should not Razvan get an Attack of Opportunity (or Reactive Strike a la Remaster)?

I can get a bit lost on Block Initiative, so let me ask:

• could Razvan move 'first' (probably needing two moves) to set up a flank for Demetrius based on the latest positioning.
  • specifically, Razvan Strides to D4(5) => E3(15) => F2(20) => G2(25'). Then Step to H3. Take one Strike.
  • Demetrius could then Stride to D5(5) => D4(10) => E3(20) => F3(25'). He could then Strike x2 with a flank bonus from Razvan.

Could we coordinate that way?

PS Maybe we could get Loreli NPC'd to help deal with the rats from below?

Only way is to make them unconscious somehow, then stake as a three-action attack. It's very hard, though not impossible.

@hoverfrog Does Krott get the impression that the only think keeping the rats from joining the fight is him standing on the trapdoor? I don't suppose there's a lock/bar or anything I could set to keep it closed?

Edited by VennDygrem (see edit history)

My $0.02

I think risking the rats (and maybe Loreli could help) is worth getting the boy away: Sal could be effective against rats with her Electric Arc in support. I guess Cyntheria needs feedback on whether her attacks are effective or would also want to assist with getting the boy away.

IMHO, the Master is going to stay to fight as long as the lad is in sight ... but if he sees the boy being taken away, he might be forced to ... I don't know ... but it seems like the only thing we can do to force our opponent to react to us, not the other way around. Demetrius and I can try to keep him busy or follow up should he turn to gaseous form or a bat or something.

Just watch out for those vines.

I don't know.. kill the summoner, stop the summoning. Rats and Bats tend to have trouble with door handles and window latches. Could be Sal could continue casting, while moving and closing. Unless the Vamp is pulling them out of his ass, they're not likely to show up immediately?

1 minute ago, Starhawk said:

I don't know.. kill the summoner, stop the summoning.

My only response can be 'what makes you think we're going to be able to kill the summoner?'

2 minutes ago, Vedast said:

My only response can be 'what makes you think we're going to be able to kill the summoner?'

I dunno, what makes you think we can outrun fast swarms of rats and bats?

I don't think a rat swarm is the same degree of opponent as an independent vampire. I clearly said that your Electric Arc spell (or your alchemist fires) would surely be more useful (likely to be effective) against a rat swarm than a vampire.

But, by all means, stay on the roof if you will.

Razvan does appreciate the buff to his sword: I'm afraid that vampires might have that double resistance silver+magic, but I get so many games conflated.

9 minutes ago, Starhawk said:

Whatever the group decides Sal will follow, so you're 'stay on the roof' proposal is a tad presumptuous. :)

Your, not you're there.

How am I being presumptuous? You're the one who suggested "kill the summoner, stop the summoning." Since the vampire is on the roof, killing him at the moment would imply staying on the roof. I didn't presume anything: I said "stay on the roof IF YOU WILL." Conditional, not declarative.

My proposal was precisely the opposite: that the bulk of the party should take the boy and flee.

I'm done with this, though.

26 minutes ago, Vedast said:

Your, not you're there.

How am I being presumptuous? You're the one who suggested "kill the summoner, stop the summoning." Since the vampire is on the roof, killing him at the moment would imply staying on the roof. I didn't presume anything: I said "stay on the roof IF YOU WILL." Conditional, not declarative.

My proposal was precisely the opposite: that the bulk of the party should take the boy and flee.

I'm done with this, though.

Well it's finished then. At 2am in the morning in the midst of insomnia, I am quite content to let you have the last word on the grammar of insomniacs. :)

Edited by Starhawk (see edit history)