The Tomb

hoverfrog

In my last IC post, I wondered whether Cyntheria's unarmed strikes were considered 'magical' given the nature of an eidolon. After some looking, it would seem not: specifically, handwraps of mighty blows, worn by the summoner, seem to be the normative way to make the eidolon's unarmed attacks nominally magical, both from the pov of an item bonus to attack rolls as well as in overcoming resistance to non-magical weapons/attacks.

Let's hope that Demetrius has a +1 potency rune on his rapier.

Edited by Vedast (see edit history)

3 minutes ago, VennDygrem said:

if that's a concern, though it may be more complex than that.

Of course. I wasn't intending to be exhaustive, but taking stock of our access to magical attacks is a start. Topics like magic; silver; cold iron being useful against certain creature types are probably somewhat 'Common' knowledge within such a Setting.

27 minutes ago, VennDygrem said:

Yeah, fair. Though if we need silver weapons or another special material, we may just be SOL.

Quite. Nothing like the dreaded double-defense of silver and magical, say.

I would have been more inclined to attempt a negotiated settlement -- the 'release the boy in exchange for your freedom' ploy (in a nutshell). But it seemed that we implicitly took on Demetrius' burden which, it seems, can only be lifted by the death of the Master (however that's to be accomplished).

Besides ...

41 minutes ago, VennDygrem said:

If we TPK, we'll just create new characters who strategize and work better together? 😆

Ha! Kumbaya. Razvan tried to lead the way once before!

And if Razvan does get the Queen of the Damned treatment ... well ... I could always recreate Edontes Oudra.

Edited by Vedast (see edit history)

1 hour ago, hoverfrog said:

OK, you snuck up to the roof so stealth is an option for initiative.

Oh ... to be a rogue. But, +8 (stealth) is still better than +7 (perception/initiative).

Obviously, I'm still here and I think I can speak for @VennDygrem .

I'll be "transparent:" I posted that charge and attack without waiting for initiative just as a ... what? ... stimulus to action. I don't want to see this Game go dormant.