The Tomb

hoverfrog

18 hours ago, hoverfrog said:

@Ryfte hasn't been on the weave for 2 weeks now so his character is just going to sit this next part out unless he returns. I'm conscious that @allefgib had a long grace period so I'm not planning on booting anyone just yet.

How does this seem?

• A character is NPCed if the player is absent for one weeks.
  • A character excuses themselves (stands guard, hides, lurks at the back, etc) if the player is absent for two weeks.
  • A month's absence without checking in is an auto boot.

I think that covers things in case someone wins the lottery and decides to go on a three month cruise or has an accident that leaves them AFK for a few weeks, etc. If someone ghosts the game then they're out.

Seems fair and concious of the grace. Ty.

10 hours ago, Vedast said:

^

Yes, I actually used that (Avoid Notice) on 3SEP (page 3 of the game thread). It seems to be a question as to whether one is in Encounter Mode or Exploration Mode. I actually wasn't sure here just tonight, so I defaulted to staying in Encounter Mode given the short travel distances. But I like the idea of a single Stealth Check being a kind of "Move Silently" equivalent.

Later addition: I'd be happy to take that first stealth check rolled (19) as being an Avoid Notice check for Razvan in lieu of Sneak if GM wishes to use this approach.

The Exploration Activities are well worth looking into. A party can pretty much maximise their effectiveness by dividing up certain tasks between them.

2 hours ago, hoverfrog said:

The Exploration Activities are well worth looking into. A party can pretty much maximise their effectiveness by dividing up certain tasks between them.

So, to be clear in the immediate case, are we in Exploration Mode at this point as we ascend the stairs?

Ah, nevermind ... we've made contact right off.

So @hoverfrog is the sleeping human (guard?) sitting right there by the stairs (assuming the stairs we ascended are in the upper right of the map)? In other words, is the table between him and Razvan or is he literally just right there?

He's managed to sleep through the commotion below ... I'm thinking that just walking over to him might be less likely to waken/alert him than trying to be stealthy -- if that makes sense.

Edited by Vedast (see edit history)

I think walking over without attempting to sneak will likely give him an automatic perception check, an automatic success, or otherwise lower the DC for him to notice us if we approach. Stealth is still the best bet if we want to approach without alerting the guard.

Edited by VennDygrem (see edit history)

29 minutes ago, VennDygrem said:

I think walking over without attempting to sneak will likely give him an automatic perception check, an automatic success, or otherwise lower the DC for him to notice us if we approach. Stealth is still the best bet if we want to approach without alerting the guard.

Thanks for this perspective. Maybe I'm still thinking too much with an Old School mindset where one was always looking to pull off the scheme with the right mix of plausibility and panache (not the PF2e swashbuckler mechanic).

I'll post IC after dinner (we tend to eat mid-afternoon in our time zone).

Edited by Vedast (see edit history)

22 hours ago, Vedast said:

So @hoverfrog is the sleeping human (guard?) sitting right there by the stairs (assuming the stairs we ascended are in the upper right of the map)? In other words, is the table between him and Razvan or is he literally just right there?

The opposite side of the table but not far away at all.

An aside here, but I wonder whether there is any interest in a Discord ... ah ... channel (?) for this game. I hesitated to raise this notion since I'm about as clueless as they come about such things and wouldn't know how to set up such a thing, but the Discord at another game did prove useful for some timely OOC chat or clarifications from the GM without the need to post-and-wait on an MB such as this.

Interesting that the Undead Dedications do not provide one with the corresponding Lore (Your Undead Type). Probably fitting though, to be a tabula rasa of sorts.

From a Party perspective, Mr. Mud would seem to be the best "Face," at least mechanically from having much of an investment in CHA and the main Face Skills.

9 minutes ago, allefgib said:

Fair call - stepping up :)

I didn't mean to put the onus on you directly here: I suppose I was more or less "thinking out loud" in terms of what our group can offer in various scenarios, particularly in terms of soft power such as skills. Razvan isn't a rogue, but he can step up for stealth/thievery if it comes to it. We seem collectively weak in the WIS category ... probably fitting considering our IC backgrounds!!

In any case, it was not my intention to call you out in that sense.

And probably just worth describing my typical style... every post I make I like to move the story forward.
Most the times this is good - sometimes it doesn't leave room for those who want to really enjoy the roleplay.

I like to post that makes the GM need to respond and 'do something' in return.

Edited by allefgib (see edit history)