The Tomb

hoverfrog

48 minutes ago, Starhawk said:

On another note, the post images are still pointing to a directory that doesn't exist. So, I am at a loss as to how to post meaningfully.

I can now view the map on GM's most recent post. It looks updated to the start of Turn 2 (I'm guessing Razvan must have Stepped into square H7 with his Turn 2 actions). Sal is in F10; there are tombstone trolls in D10 and E10; one just in the door at F8.

PS I should add, the guard in is F7. I think Sal would have LoS/LoE to either group of two were you contemplating Electric Arc (or any other targeting).

Edited by Vedast (see edit history)

3 minutes ago, Vedast said:

I can now view the map on GM's most recent post. It looks updated to the start of Turn 2 (I'm guessing Razvan must have Stepped into square H7 with his Turn 2 actions). Sal is in F10; there are tombstone trolls in D10 and E10; one just in the door at F8.

Thanks, now I just have to find a working map to put that into context. :)

Oh my, I've been very busy with a deadline at work and fell behind on keeping tabs on activity here. I don't seem to be up yet (unless I missed more) but I'll try to go over everything in the morning to make sure I'm all caught up. 😅

1 hour ago, hoverfrog said:

Sal's Electric Arc is heightened to the level of your highest level spell. i.e. level 1. It only does d4+4 damage rather than 2d4+4. 8 damage rather than 10.

Thanks. Still getting the hang of the system and how it differs from 1st edition.

2 hours ago, hoverfrog said:

With the guard dead, everyone can act.

Just to confirm, you mean that we (Sal and Razvan) can wrap around into (technically) Round #3? I'll hold Razvan until after the others (including M&C).

Looks like TT3 made a save for half-damage (4), but regenerated or had damage reduction.

Edited by Vedast (see edit history)

@hoverfrog

Is there any leeway to modifying M&C's character? Specifically, whilst the character is Trained in Medicine, they took the Bon Mot 1st level skill feat in lieu of Stitch Flesh. I can certainly understand that choice -- Diplomacy/CHA based debuff, but I think that I would have preferred Stich Flesh given the concerns an undead party must consider vis-a-vis healing (especially with no cleric to cast Harm). Put another way, Medicine without Stitch Flesh is of limited utility for a group such as ours.

To be fair, M&C have the Soothe spell, which does work on undead characters.

Another question pertains to their equipment which I can't seem to find.

I don't mean to rebuild the character from scratch, but thought to inquire about this specific choice/selection. I've actually planned to have Razvan pick up Stitch Flesh, but that can't happen until 8th level or so! Maybe in a few years.

4 hours ago, Starhawk said:

Did the Trobblin inside the tower save versus the electric arc since it can hit two?

It took 4 damage and then regenerated 5 damage.

1 hour ago, Vedast said:

Just to confirm, you mean that we (Sal and Razvan) can wrap around into (technically) Round #3? I'll hold Razvan until after the others (including M&C).

That is correct, yes.

17 minutes ago, Vedast said:

Is there any leeway to modifying M&C's character? Specifically, whilst the character is Trained in Medicine, they took the Bon Mot 1st level skill feat in lieu of Stitch Flesh. I can certainly understand that choice -- Diplomacy/CHA based debuff, but I think that I would have preferred Stich Flesh given the concerns an undead party must consider vis-a-vis healing (especially with no cleric to cast Harm). Put another way, Medicine without Stitch Flesh is of limited utility for a group such as ours.

To be fair, M&C have the Soothe spell, which does work on undead characters.

Another question pertains to their equipment which I can't seem to find.

I don't mean to rebuild the character from scratch, but thought to inquire about this specific choice/selection. I've actually planned to have Razvan pick up Stitch Flesh, but that can't happen until 8th level or so! Maybe in a few years.

I'm hoping @allefgib will return so no, not really. I'll give him some more time and then look for a replacement in November.

I've got Medicine and Stitch Flesh, though my modifier to the skill isn't great. Maybe M&C can aid on my medicine checks to provide a small bonus.

Also, I don't want to rain on anyone's parade, but Sal can't take the 'Careful Withdraw' action because that's only available to the Legchair companion as a special maneuver. She'll have to do a single step and a single stride as separate actions, but that should still get her out of reach of the troblins.

1 hour ago, VennDygrem said:

I've got Medicine and Stitch Flesh, though my modifier to the skill isn't great. Maybe M&C can aid on my medicine checks to provide a small bonus.

Sadly, this falls into the 'problem' with Aid at low levels with the RAW DC default of 20. M&C have a +5 modifier to Medicine. So:

d20 result:

1-5 => critical failure (25%)

6-14 => failure (45%)

15-19 => success (25%)

20 => critical success (5%)

An option is to use DC by level rather than the fixed DC = 20. So for 2nd level that is a 16. Now the calculus (based on a +5 modifier) becomes:

1 => critical failure (5%)

2-10 => failure (45%)

11-19 => success (45%)

20 => critical success (5%)