The Tomb

hoverfrog

For Aid, I've been using a DC of whatever the DC is for the action -2 in another game. So Aid in a Medicine check, as long as you are both trained would be DC 15 for Medicine and DC 13 for Aid. Otherwise Aid becomes something only useful at high level, when it isn't really needed anymore.

3 hours ago, hoverfrog said:

For Aid, I've been using a DC of whatever the DC is for the action -2 in another game. So Aid in a Medicine check, as long as you are both trained would be DC 15 for Medicine and DC 13 for Aid. Otherwise Aid becomes something only useful at high level, when it isn't really needed anymore.

Ah. That is helpful to know. Mr. Mud is Trained in Medicine so presumably then could Aid Krott with his needlework.

I think @Ryfte is up?

Edited by Vedast (see edit history)

I've seen TPKs with that priviso. The CR is based on four characters, when only three act, sometimes the party gets overwhelmed. Also seen it happen when half the party have crap builds but that's a different problem. :)

I think CR's and Encounters can be adjusted by the GM as needed (I shudder lest we open the debate as to whether "balanced" encounters should be a guiding hermeneutic).

I certainly don't want to get into the trap of expressing judgements about other's builds, at least from the perspective of optimization.

But as to the topic of recent posting, one of the Game Expectations upon which we all based our submissions was clearly given as: I am generally looking for people to post two of three times a week. It would be better were a Player to concede that they can not or will not be able to meet the Game's expectations (with due allowance for IRL vagaries), but if not, then I think steps need to be taken to protect the Game as a whole. Another Game recently died (started on 19JUN) in which Allefgib and Ryfte were both players. I'd hate to see that happen here too.

So that Troll #3 rolled 18, 18, and 20 on three successive d20's.

Anyway, I think Razvan should be down ... that last natural 20 would be a crit. Double damage there (depending on how one 'doubles') would likely bring Razvan to zero hp. Or have I misconstrued the rolls?

Maybe the fastest path to redemption in history? 😟

I'll wait for clarification since posting an attack might not be possible.

1 hour ago, Vedast said:

So that Troll #3 rolled 18, 18, and 20 on three successive d20's.

Anyway, I think Razvan should be down ... that last natural 20 would be a crit. Double damage there (depending on how one 'doubles') would likely bring Razvan to zero hp. Or have I misconstrued the rolls?

Maybe the fastest path to redemption in history? 😟

I'll wait for clarification since posting an attack might not be possible.

The d20s are flat checks. Being dazzled they need to succeed on a DC 5 flat check to attack. The one you were facing needed to seek you before it could attack as it is blind.

I missed the nat 20. You're right though, it's another 7 damage. You're at zero hp.

Edited by hoverfrog (see edit history)

45 minutes ago, hoverfrog said:

The d20s are flat checks. Being dazzled they need to succeed on a DC 5 flat check to attack. The one you were facing needed to seek you before it could attack as it is blind.

I missed the nat 20. You're right though, it's another 7 damage. You're at zero hp.

I was only commenting whimsically on the dice roller generating three successive d20 results of 18, 18, and 20 in succession for Troll #3 (perception; bite; claw).

Since it was a critical, Razvan is at Dying 2. So, I need to roll a flat d20 vs. DC 12 I take it. My initiative moves to just before the Trolls, but I suppose I can just post it now since we're in a group initiative sort of scheme.

So things are looking a bit dire... I don't think I can make it inside with Loreli standing at the doorway, and even if I can I've got to use my entire turn Stepping to avoid AoO's...

Not to metagame too much but this is a 'severe' encounter for our party, so it makes sense that we're having some trouble. I suppose we were unlucky earlier trying to lure the troblins away to get inside quietly and cleanly, otherwise this might have gone much more smoothly.

At this point, should I just try to keep attacking and hope I don't also go down, or try to get into the tower at all costs?

19 minutes ago, VennDygrem said:

So things are looking a bit dire... I don't think I can make it inside with Loreli standing at the doorway, and even if I can I've got to use my entire turn Stepping to avoid AoO's...

Not to metagame too much but this is a 'severe' encounter for our party, so it makes sense that we're having some trouble. I suppose we were unlucky earlier trying to lure the troblins away to get inside quietly and cleanly, otherwise this might have gone much more smoothly.

At this point, should I just try to keep attacking and hope I don't also go down, or try to get into the tower at all costs?

I would say attack the one that is on you -- if that one goes down, Loreli will Act again before the TTs. That's what M&C tried to do, though the dice roller did not cooperate.

I've wondered at these things being Level = 1. Regeneration; resistances; multiple special attacks including AoO. A Cleric of Sarenrae would do well (fire & positive), but otherwise, this is pretty tough indeed.

AoOs are a lot rarer in PF2e than they are in previous versions. Fighters are the only class that get it as a reaction. Most monsters don't have it. Some classes can take it as a level 6 feat.

You can move through the space of a willing creature without penalty so Loreli isn't blocking the doorway.

55 minutes ago, hoverfrog said:

AoOs are a lot rarer in PF2e than they are in previous versions. Fighters are the only class that get it as a reaction. Most monsters don't have it. Some classes can take it as a level 6 feat.

You can move through the space of a willing creature without penalty so Loreli isn't blocking the doorway.

The point (as regards the discussion of their published 'level' and Krott's movement) is that Tombstone Trolls do have AoO: https://2e.aonprd.com/Monsters.aspx?ID=2035

AC 13; Fort +6, Ref +9, Will +5
HP 25, regeneration 5 (deactivated by acid, fire, or positive)
Immunities negative Weaknesses fire 5, positive 5

Attack of Opportunity [reaction]