The Tomb

hoverfrog

Yeah, again, a bit of metagaming I typically don't like to do, but Krott has enough info to know these things are quick and vicious, and an attempt to move past them recklessly would probably end poorly. An educated guess, as it were.

We've sure had a rough go with (our own) damage dice rolls to be sure.

I wouldn't say that this is metagaming. Trolls are Common creatures so in-game character knowledge of their general abilities e.g. regeneration and AoO, IMHO should not be considered 'meta' or only accessible via Recall Knowledge, but simply in-world knowledge where such creatures exist as known qualities. We can surely suspect that these specific creatures (Uncommon) are of troll-kind based on observation of their appearance, proclivities, and manifested regeneration ability. Anticipating that they might have AoO abilities does not seem to fall under a scrupulous view of 'meta' knowledge.

Edited by Vedast (see edit history)

I've made several mistakes in this combat. I forgot about attacks of opportunity for the trolls and I forgot about the flat check for being blinded. I think that more or less evens out so I'm happy to leave it as it is. I'm happy to fudge the recovery check to make up for it.

I've heard back from @allefgib so don't take any actions for Mr Mud this round. If everyone finishes before he can post then he'll just torch the troblins to stope them regenerating.

You have one troblin left. I'm sure concentrated attacks will take him out before he can do anything else.

19 minutes ago, hoverfrog said:

A tombstone troll has 25 hp and Krott just did 24 damage to the last one, who was wounded by Sal. It is dead though still regenerating.

If that makes a difference to any other actions coming.

C&M have a torch going and could, perhaps, pass through Krott's square and ... can they enter the square of the 'dead' TT whilst its regenerating?

I know allefgib has control now: I'm just commenting since he has to orient to what's transpired in the interim.

With the last TT set alight, are we still in initiative? That is, more specifically, do I need to attempt another recovery roll for Razvan or does that await some clarification? I'm not even certain whether the Stitch Flesh feat allows for Administer First Aid (which is clearly distinct from Treat Wounds) to stabilize (that would be a DC = 18 on a Medicine check even if allowed).

It might be that a Soothe spell is the only recourse, but I suppose the question there is which comes first, the casting of the spell or Razvan's recovery check? Since he is now at Dying 3, that would be a flat check with DC = 13; that is, a 60% chance of death destruction at Dying 4 with a fail.

Should I be thinking about a contingency character?

Treat Wounds and Stitch Flesh take ten minutes to perform so if someone wants to cast a spell to stop you from dying, now would be a really good time to do it. Stabilise is a single action though so someone could do that and then begin treating the wounds.

Loreli's second Medicine check stabilises Razvan. He's no longer dying and can be properly healed up.

Edited by hoverfrog (see edit history)

13 minutes ago, hoverfrog said:

Treat Wounds and Stitch Flesh take ten minutes to perform so if someone wants to cast a spell to stop you from dying, now would be a really good time to do it. Stabilise is a single action though so someone could do that and then begin treating the wounds.

Stabilize is an option under Administer First Aid (and requires two actions, presumably to prevent multiple attempts in one round) see CRB p. 248. But with undead, I'm not sure it is clear whether that applies (the Stabilize cantrip does not work, presumably because it is a positive energy effect). Of course, Razvan won't argue with a ruling that AFA (and thus Stabilize) will apply in this campaign.

As I noted above, the DC would be 18 for that (5 + recovery roll DC which is now 13).