The Tomb

hoverfrog

Just moving this here:

12 hours ago, Vedast said:

GM: As an aside, some of us tested the constraint placed on us by Ekul (e.g. Razvan thought of trying to take Ekul's blood, but couldn't will it; Sal did something similar IIRC). But did he get the sense of control from Ekul that would be similar to common legend between a master vampire and a slave (not that Razvan has any actual knowledge of how that works!)? From the IC interaction earlier, I think Razvan would believe himself more of a free agent: I thought to ask so that I can write from the perspective that the character might actually have (whether he decides to be truthful or deceptive about it).

Having no frame of reference, it is hard to tell. Whatever you think is the best option for how your character will behave. If you believe it is the same or different then do that.

5 minutes ago, hoverfrog said:

Just moving this here:

Having no frame of reference, it is hard to tell. Whatever you think is the best option for how your character will behave. If you believe it is the same or different then do that.

I was trying to navigate the two bits of information we have from Ekul:

geased you to treat the Esoteric Order of the Palatine Eye as your masters, to obey their edicts, and to do no harm to them.

"My magic does not control your actions but it does limit you from harming me or the order.

Thus, I had Razvan speak truthfully as far as he knows it: he wasn't created a vampire by any 'ordinary' means (i.e. he's not a "spawn"). I take this and the Geas description (https://2e.aonprd.com/Rituals.aspx?ID=12) that Razvan (and the others) can be compelled to act or avoid actions, but are not "controlled" in terms of being remote sensors for a master (such as our interlocuter suggested).

7 hours ago, allefgib said:

Are you asking for informtion Vedast that as playeres we shouldn't have?
Razvan knows what he knows :)

Are you suggesting that Players never have to inquire of the GM about game information that their characters might know that the Player does not?

In this specific case, Razvan might be aware of some aspects regarding the nature of the Geas by experience that hasn't been related in game.

Edited by Vedast (see edit history)

I thought I would explain why Razvan is being so specific in the narrative with the second weapon, that is, why he is trying to keep it in hand unless absolutely needed (as in climbing a ladder).

The feat Double Slice allows one to combine two Strikes: it uses two Actions, but they both kick in before MAP and, importantly in this case, damage from the two Strikes combines before any Resistances.

Of course, one has to hit, but +10/+10 is much better than +10/+6 (two single strikes with agile weapons) and, if both hit, the target's resistance only counts once, not twice as with x2 normal Strikes.

So if he has both weapons in hand, he can use one Stride and then the Double Strike. But if he has to Interact to draw the second weapon, then he cannot Stride and use DS.