spacer.pngspacer.png

Kuz'Arak asks one of the goblin guards, "Have you seen Tum today?" Once they've checked in with Tum, Kuz'Arak would realize that he missed the meeting time. "Oh, uh... All this excitement and training this morning and it seems that I've missed the meeting time for the summons. Well the rest will be back soon enough I'm sure and they can fill us in. While we wait for them I'll give you the tour of the Citadel."

Kuz'Arak would show Hamarr around the citadel and introduce him to the goblins and anyone else who is making it their home currently until the others return from the meeting.

Actions

Remaining Vital Beacon

4d10

4d8

4d6

4d4

Kuz'Arak |Lizardfolk Druid 9 | AC 27 (29) | HP 98 | Per +17|Speed 25 | Fort: 15 Ref: 17 Will: 17

Bul’Ro | animal companion 9 | AC 27 | HP 96 | Per +16 | Speed 40 | Fort: 17 Ref: 19 Will: 16

The goblins begin snickering at their joke as Kuz'Arak leads Hamarr away.

Hamarr can feel the eyes of the smaller warg steadily upon him. Hungrily upon him. The larger warg keeps between the two of you.

Kuz'Arak introduces Dackle, the goblin girl that leads the large bear. There are two teams working on the citadel. A group of dwarves lead by Rorsk Axebane and a group of humans lead by [name not important]. The humans are part of the Posandi Bros, a masonry firm ran by Amera Lang, the cousin of one of the town council members.

Tum is at his desk when you arrive. He gives a hearty dwarven welcome. "Cousin." It's embarrassing how emotive Tum can be sometimes. "I called you here to help with administrating the citadel, but you may be more useful elsewhere. I can't tell you all the details yet. Probably after dinner. Two things. Keep away from female warg. She likes to bite. And keep away from Amera Lang. Same reason."

The entrance to Posandi Manor is more intimidating than Kyros remembers. A servant lets him in and goes to get Amera. You hear a bit of scurrying about and some overloud whispering while you wait. You have been sitting in the parlor with refreshments readily available for 40 minutes before Amera gracefully makes her appearance. She bows differentially. "I do apologize for my state." As if she was anything but beautiful. "I wasn't expecting visitors. Least of all one of such august reputation and dancing skill." She pours some tea, refreshing yours if necessary, before sitting down. "Surely you have not come to speak of the ball so soon. It was a wonderful evening. What may I assist you with, my lord?"

Status

Visibility:
Terrain:
Cover:

Kuz'Arak 98/98 HP 2/3 AP;
Bul'Ro 96/96 HP;
Drasil 81/102 HP 3/3 AP;
Kyros 104/123 HP 3/3 AP; Darkvision, Low-Light Vision; Resist Fire 10
Garion 99/89 HP 3/3 AP; False Life
Braz'i 96/96 HP 3/3 AP;

Hamarr- 154/154 HP 1/3 AP;

spacer.png

Garion waits with Drasil in front of the Town Hall. And waits. He looks up to his tall friend and says, "It's time. Looks like the others can't make it. We shouldn't keep the council waiting." Unless Drasil disagrees, Garion leads the way for their appointment.

After their business has concluded, Garion asks Drasil, "Before we head home, how about stopping at The Great Dreamhouse? I'd love to speak to Desna before our upcoming journey. I fear it may be a while till our return."

Garion | Gnome Sorcerer 9 | AC 24 | HP 99/89 | Per +15 | F:+16, R:+16, W:+16 | Speed 25' | Focus 2/2 | Spells -/4/4/4/4/3

Garion and Drasil go into the magistrate's office to find Greta Gardani, Quentino Posandi, and Melma Ann Sendari there too. Their night was not as eventful as yours, but they are all experienced party-goers and do not seem affected by their late evening. The sheriff is also there, but he looks a bit rough. They are all concerned about the possibility of slavers operating in town.

Status

Visibility:
Terrain:
Cover:

Bul'Ro 96/96 HP;
Drasil 81/102 HP 3/3 AP;
Braz'i 96/96 HP 3/3 AP;

aYIylDr.png

Seeing Tum again, a rush of childhood memories runs through Hamàrr's mind.

"Cousin Tum, what a pleasure to see you again. The last time I was just a wee thing, but as you can see I've grown to be a true ram. I'm here to help however I can. I've earned my mastery in smithing and stonework, as every dwarf should, but Torag has shown me that my true purpose lies is defending others.

The wargs, yes Kuz'Arak introduced me, and I'll be sure to keep my distance."

He reflexively pulls his shield tighter and looks around at the mention of wargs.

"Till dinner then", he nods, "may I inspect the grounds, or do you have a task for me?"

With the sound of hope in his voice, "By chance is there a forge?"

Hamàrr | Dwarf Champion 9 | AC 30 | HP 154/154 | Shield 120/120 | Per +13 | F:+20, R:+14, W:+16 | Speed 25' | Focus 1/1

spacer.png

Kyros is so at sea with this high society etiquette that it is hard not to get discouraged while he waits. Then, when Amera does show up, he really isn't sure what the right way to respond to her is. Deciding on the direct course, he offers a deep bow and replies "Ma'am, you've got to be the prettiest thing I've seen in all of Avistan or Garund. I'm just sorry we had to cut the night short. It's about that I come by. I'd like to see you again Miss, but the Bravos, we'll be heading out of town soon for a bit to deal with some of the unpleasantness that happened. Probably there's some proper way to send word, but as I don't know what that might be, I figured just coming to say as much was the next best thing. Not fair to have you thinking I run off. More like trying to head off a pack of snakes before they can strike again. Don't think it'll be as long a trip as last time, but no saying for sure." If he had a hat he'd be holding it between his hands, almost afraid to look up and see what Amera's reaction is.

Kyros | Swashbuckler 9 | AC 27, Fire Resistance 5 | HP 123 | Percep +14 | F +14 R +19 W +14 | SPD 30 ft. (45 w/ panache) | Focus 1/1

Posted (edited)

"Let me finish these letters. I'll show you to you around some." Once he's done, Tum takes you to your room. "Its not close to a forge. None of the rooms are. If you'd like, though, I suppose you could make a space to sleep there." He looks a bit wistful. "Running this place has kept me from doing much work there, myself. One of Rorsk's people has kept the forge-fire lit and the anvil ringing."

As he walks Hamarr around, you see that the two work teams do not interact much. There is a cool professionalism there.

The Bumblebrasher goblins make up nearly all of the staff. They do the cooking, cleaning, basic maintenance, and security. You've met young Dackle, the 8 year old animal master. Drasil (an elf) is a member of the Bumblebrasher tribe. The tribe is lead by Helba.

He tells you about, but does not introduce you to Pib and Zarf. They are a pair of kobolds who are (together) a Mitey Dragon. Tum and the Breachill Bravos are their 'favored servants' (particularly Kyros) and allow them to stay in their mighty fortress over their lair to protect their horde. You can tell that Tum thinks they are silly. He also knows them to be knowledgeable in arcana and dragon lore, even if they are not very powerful.

There is a medic as well, Kellen Carondil. He's not here today, though, because of the ball last night. He's also the local Desnan high priest.

Status

Visibility:
Terrain:
Cover:

Bul'Ro 96/96 HP;
Drasil 81/102 HP 3/3 AP;
Braz'i 96/96 HP 3/3 AP;

Edited by Dax Thura (see edit history)

Amera blushes some at Kyros' complement. "Surely I'm not the beauty that you claim, but I thank you for saying so, my lord. And I thought... would hope that we were familiar enough with one another that you felt comfortable to call me something other than ma'am or miss. At least in private. Your visit will always be welcome, but a messenger would be appropriate or a proper missive would have been good too. Especially if spritzed with a favored scent of yours or a small memento attached. Something to bring fond memories of you to mind as I dote over it." Kyros' Society isn't high enough. He does know that she is somehow being both forward and proper at the same time. "You are a hero, my lord. It is only reasonable that you will have to make a swift departure from time to time to help the people of Breachill. I understand that only your swift and powerful intervention saved that shopkeeper's life." She doesn't actually ask you of any details, but is wiling to accept all them that you are willing to offer including what you wish to say about your upcoming adventure. "If it would please you, I will wait patiently for your return. I will offer prayers for your safety each day."

Status

Visibility:
Terrain:
Cover:

Bul'Ro 96/96 HP;
Drasil 81/102 HP 3/3 AP;
Braz'i 96/96 HP 3/3 AP;

spacer.pngspacer.png

Kuz'Arak follows along as Tum gives the grand tour of the citadel with a pensive look on his face. He is obviously concerned and deep in thought with how to deal with the rambunctious Kajimara, given that she has had difficulty with discipline while he has been away

Actions

Remaining Vital Beacon

4d10

4d8

4d6

4d4

Kuz'Arak |Lizardfolk Druid 9 | AC 27 (29) | HP 98 | Per +17|Speed 25 | Fort: 15 Ref: 17 Will: 17

Bul’Ro | animal companion 9 | AC 27 | HP 96 | Per +16 | Speed 40 | Fort: 17 Ref: 19 Will: 16

spacer.png

At the town hall, Garion responds to the concerns about slavers in Breachill, "We took care of the problem locally. Good Fadelby will attest to that." He continues, "After some persuading, they were happy to tell us where their orders originated." Garion concludes, "You'll be relieved to know that we plan to leave tomorrow to deal with the source of the problem. Wish us luck, won't you?" The little gnome smiles congenially and awaits any further questions.

Diplomacy

Garion | Gnome Sorcerer 9 | AC 24 | HP 99/89 | Per +15 | F:+16, R:+16, W:+16 | Speed 25' | Focus 2/2 | Spells -/4/4/4/4/3

Name
Diplomacy
1d20+20 8

spacer.png

A suspicious figure emerges from Huntergate. Carrying no light and moving silently, it quickly moves behind a pillar before taking some time looking around and listening to any potential noise.

Is there anything around the Alseta's Ring in this "dimension"? Anyone waiting for potential intruders?

Nalah

The Ekujae elves are guarding the gate on their end. Nalah will need their permission to go through the magical portal. I assume that you have that. When you enter the gate all you see is a wide corridor to the other end. You leave through another portal.

Her arrival will not be secret as the gate lights up when activated from either end. There are a group of goblin guards on this end of the gate who will notice that the gate is activated. They have even been more vigilant about their duty since the PCs came through.

When you exit the portal through the other end, you see three goblins standing with spears ready. One of the guardians calls to you. "Who goes there? You are not an elf." They don't move to attack, but are ready for any aggression on your part.

A goblin comes running into the courtyard. He sees Tum and Kuz'Arak and calls "Visitors below!" He then turns and runs back downstairs.

Status

Visibility:
Terrain:
Cover:

Bul'Ro 96/96 HP;
Drasil 81/102 HP 3/3 AP;
Braz'i 96/96 HP 3/3 AP;

"I have one question." The magistrate says, "According to Fadelby, one slaver got away." That last part was as much of a question as a statement.

The council members are very interested in your reply.

Status

Visibility:
Terrain:
Cover:

Bul'Ro 96/96 HP;
Drasil 81/102 HP 3/3 AP;
Braz'i 96/96 HP 3/3 AP;

spacer.png

With all the light and the goblins staring at her, Nalah stops hiding as she is obviously ridiculous, allowing everyone to see her fully.

She is human... humanoid... humanish.
Her face is literally repulsive: a swollen nose, a scar on each eye, one magical, one physical, a deformed mouth with missing teeth, a protruding ear, the other is cut. Her body is as misshapen: hunchbacked, with strange angles on bones and joints and what looks like growths of fat at unnatural places.

She wears a banded mail with loose bands covered in strange symbols looking like blood red runes. She also has 2 weapons drawn, a dagger and a dogslicer (for a small sized creature so closer to a dagger in her hands).

After taking nearly a minute looking around for quick exits and at the goblins to determine who they are, she answers in perfect goblin: "I'm looking for a group of people who fought the Cinderclaws in the Mwangi jungle. I'm not sure I'm at the right place..."

Nalah

spacer.png

Drasil smiles at the suggestion of stopping by the Dreamhouse.

"Truthfully that's where I've just come from. Perhaps when we are done with the Council we could return there? I've spend a marked amount of time there of late, best I give them a moments break from my presence at least. At least pretend I am afraid of overstaying my welcome." He smiles again fondly at his little green friend as they approach the council.

-----

In the council chambers Drasil mainly stands resolute with his staff, trying not to lean on it obviously, nodding along with Garions words.

At the mention of the "One that got away" he speaks up. "A tadpole thrown back in the shallows. It will swim home to where it spawned, and we will follow, or it will grow into something else entirely. By moon and starlight I hope for the latter, but the former will not be wasted. Ripples become waves, and tadpoles can become Dragons. It hurts us little to dream that mercy is no waste."

He is smiling slightly but his expression as firm.

Drasil | Elf Fighter 9 | AC 28(26 while raging with weapon)(27 without oversized weapon) | HP 8/114 +11 temp| Percep +15 (+17 init) | Speed 35' |