Enhola Gaye - The Books that Bind

Anthr4xus

Enhola noticed that the gesture Marygay used indicated that she was a member of the Free Council. Enhola knows that Marygay is a member of the Mysterium.

The guy said, "Ok. Step on back." He stood and lifted a section of the counter to allow access behind it. He tapped something beneath the counter and Enhola could hear the front door of the store lock and saw the neon Open sign in the window go dark. Watching the two women to see if they follow, the guy stepped past the open section of the counter and moved a black curtain out of the way, revealing a non-descript door hidden behind it. He traced his finger along the center of the door, casting a quick unsealing spell. He pushed open the door, revealing a short hallway. He went inside and took one step to the side, unsealing a second door. At the end of the short hallway stood an open door into a tiny bathroom with barely room for the toilet and sink inside. "You can call me Rhodes," the guy said, "What are your names?"

Marygay quickly piped up and said, "I'm M and this is E." Rhodes chuckled and said, "Well, lucky ME then, huh?"

cAxAUsC.png

Ehnola Ghaye (Lola Montez)
Sheet: https://www.myth-weavers.com/sheet.html#id=2718464
Race: Human
Height: 5'8"
Weight: 135 lbs
Date of birth: 01/01/2000 (1 minute past midnight)
Place of birth: Cannock, Staffordshire UK

Ehnola watched Rhodes as he interacted with Marygay when he traced the opening sigils on the door she made a note of them, at this point, she was not overcautious and wanted to be ready to act if need be. Ehnola was aware that if they were attacked then this would be the biggest test of her powers to date, she watched Marygay for any subtle instructions or requests.

I am in a better place right now.
Edited by paladinred (see edit history)

Rhodes followed the two women into the next room, closing the door behind him. "What are you looking for? We have some minor items on hand, but are fully open to custom orders."

Marygay looks around the room. Several large wooden crates are stacked against the back wall of the room. A round table and four plain wooden chairs sit in the center of the room. Near the door stands a small cabinet or end table. On top of that sits a pewter serving tray, with a stack of paper cups and a white carafe. Rhodes sits down at the table, extending a hand to two of the empty chairs.

Marygay sinks into the seat directly across from Rhodes and smiles at him. "Well. What I'm really interested in is knowing where you get you goods from."

Rhodes eyebrows raised and he said, "I make them myself. Did you lie to me M? Are you an arrow or a guardian or something, trying to be slick? I'm not doing anything against the rules here."

Marygay leaned forward. "I'm not accusing you of anything, and I'm exactly what I claim to be. I'm just looking for something very particular, and don't want to have to get into a complex description."

Rhodes eyed both of you, evaluating.

cAxAUsC.png

Ehnola followed Marygay into the room and took the offered chair, she said nothing whilst Marygay talked to Rhodes. She watches him intently trying to gauge his intentions, every now and then she scans the room to see if there are any changes.

Marygay casually looked around the room, particularly at the crates against the wall. After a couple of seconds her gaze returned to Rhodes. "You seem to have a very large collection, and I happen to know you are supplying other locations as well. I'm not saying you aren't making some, but there is no way you are the only source. And I know some high quality products have come through your sellers, but I don't think the mastermind of the operation would be minding a shop, do you?" she asked.

A loud buzzer sounded from out in the hall. Rhodes jumped slightly and said, "Shit. Sorry, but I have to take this call. Please give me a moment." He stands and quickly and walks out, closing the door behind him.

Margay looks to Enhola and says, "What do you think?"

cAxAUsC.png

Ehnola looked at Marygay and then back at Rhodes "I think that you are correct, this guy is not the manufacturer. Do you think I could take a peek at the crates? It cannot hurt to take a peek yes" she said with a tease, she knows Rhodes will not say yes but it will not hurt surely?

Edited by paladinred (see edit history)

Marygay's only response was an artfully raised eyebrow and a slight nod of head. She stood and walked over to the carafe on the tray by the door to pour a cup of water for herself.

There were a total of six crates in stacked up in the back in two stacks of three. The wooden crates were each the size of a decent footlocker, roughly four and a half feet long by about three feet deep and three feet tall. It was clear that the boxes had been nailed shut, but the lids of at least the top of each stack had already been pried open and then set closed again.

The crate is not actually nailed shut, although the holes and marks from being opened give evidence that it was at one point. The crate is full of straw as a packing material, in which are nestled two smaller boxes. One is plain and unmarked, while the other is painted black and bears a complex silver marking on one side that has been roughly and poorly spray painted over, obscuring it heavily. Neither box appears to be locked or secured.

cAxAUsC.png

Ehnola looked at the symbol and pondered it's meaning, she turns to Marygay and says "there is two smaller boxes in this crate one is unmarked and the other has a symbol on one the top". Ehnola describes the symbol.

Is there any way she could check for any magical aura's?

The weight and density of the aura of mundanity from the boxes themselves obscures any more refined auras within. The symbol is heavily obscured by a quick spray of spray paint of a shade of black that doesn't really match the black of the box. The only details on the symbol that she can really pick out is that there are three small circles attached to the top crossbar of the symbol, something almost like ornate handles on the side and a rounded curve at the bottom.

OOC

If you would like to try to push your mage sight through the resonance of the box, give me a roll to determine the current potency of your Mage Sight (you can give me a separate roll for each of your Sights if you like) Each of the rolls have a -1 penalty to the roll due to the obstruction.

Edited by Anthr4xus (see edit history)

Enhola focused her will on her Mage Sight and heard Gaeloraxus whispering something arcane and vaguely menacing. There was a surge of power an Enhola's Nimbus appeared faintly for a moment as she pushed her magical sense beyond the obscurement of the box. Whatever was in the black box had a strong resonance with an Arcana that Enhola had little experience with, Fate. Gaeloraxus hissed within her mind, "Interesting. Not a terribly advanced item, but a strong pocket of power."

Whatever lay in the plain box had only a weak resonance to the Life arcana, it's obscured aura reminding Enhola faintly of the comfort of a warm safe place with people that cared for her.

cAxAUsC.png

Ehnola returned to Marygay's side and reported her findings "that is interesting don't you think, an aura that is almost impenetrable and resonated FATE and the other one is LIFE. Perhaps somewhere that is warm and is a comfort" she said in a low voice. 

Marygay's right eyebrow arched attractively. "Yeah," she says as she glances to the door. She stands and crosses to it, pulling her hair back to listen at the door. Ehnola caught her cast something quick, her fingers dancing around her ear. "He's still on the phone. I think you might still have a minute."